Hue wants McCarron (King)& NYJ or Min for Cousins, Kennum to Den (LaConjecture)

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The film tells the story.  It doesn't matter what's said. 

You just said a few minutes ago that Petrino disagrees with me...so, does it now not matter that he disagrees with me, according to you?

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

You just said a few minutes ago that Petrino disagrees with me...so, does it now not matter that he disagrees with me, according to you?

That meant the offensive system he runs at Louisville is not sandlot as you proclaimed. 

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if they're out of the QB draft market but I would put them in the 2nd tier if they sign Keenum, because I think they are in "win now" mode and will try to use high picks to fill other holes, just as I think the Giants will if they feel Eli has a few more years in him.  JMO

This is a good point Hapless...I hope u r right

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if they're out of the QB draft market but I would put them in the 2nd tier if they sign Keenum, because I think they are in "win now" mode and will try to use high picks to fill other holes, just as I think the Giants will if they feel Eli has a few more years in him.  JMO

We would have a legit chance of moving up if the Broncos are taking the free agent route. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That meant the offensive system he runs at Louisville is not sandlot as you proclaimed. 

Then I would agree with you on that...I meant that Jackson’s playing style was sand lot to me...which is why I wouldn’t want to draft him.

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Then I would agree with you on that...I meant that Jackson’s playing style was sand lot to me...which is why I wouldn’t want to draft him.

It's not sandlot as all. Are there designed runs along with structured pass plays?  Yes.  

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think if Denver signs Keenum, they will take Mayfield. But I think they could trade down from 5 and still do that. 

Do you think Keenum will sign with Denver on a "Bridge Deal"?  I would think he would want multiple years and serious dollars. 

He had a good year and played in the NFC Championship game, do we think no one else wants him? 

A team that thinks they have a stout D, but not the QB to match it.  Maybe 'Zona? 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think you are over-estimating the value of the Bills’ draft picks.

As of today the value of those first rounders are not getting it done and neither are the second rounders.

One or both of two things must happen. The Bills will likely need to trade up,using some decent draft picks from this draft and

next years draft.

Or

trading Both firsts and seconds this year, also next years first and other compensation.We may even have to go to 2020 to give picks away.

It can  be done. It depends on how much they value the guy they want. You and I know the other teams are going to pay a boatload,we just have to really sweeten the pot.

I believe we need to go the route of trading up with one of our firsts this year and packing them with picks this and next year.

4 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora

Hearing more and more about the Broncos and Case Keenum. The Cousins derby very likely to come down to Jets or Vikings

My diabolical plan is coming together perfectly :devil: :devil: :devil:

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think if Denver signs Keenum, they will take Mayfield. But I think they could trade down from 5 and still do that. 

Doubt it, Elway wants to win and so he is going to want talent around Keenum and not waste more picks on QBs since he has been burned on 3  already.

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Man, I really want the Bills to take Mayfield...but if we leave this draft without one of the big 3 QBs, it will be a failure of epic proportions imo.

Me too but if deals can't be made then  there isn't much we can do. Know matter what happens I believe in McD and some how some way we will win and eventually get the QB we need.

• Like (+1) 1

Considering where the Vikings are in terms of team development, it makes the most sense for them to push all their chips in for Cousins. Also, for Cousins from what I've read and heard about him, it makes a good fit for his personality as well. It's a town that loves their football, new stadium, indoors so no weather issues for the home field, a great group of receivers and a dynamic back in Cook along with a pretty good Defense and a HC that really comes off as a good human being. I'd prefer Cousins to go somewhere else just for the selfish reasons of keeping the QB market open for the Bills, but we all know that's not realistic so I'd wish him the best and I have no ill will toward the Vikes. They deserve a title for that city and the good people of Minnesota....just so long as the Bills aren't playing them! Go Bills!

Edited by BigBuff423

MMQB (Peter King) Update:

• Happy Hue. This comes from an executive with a historically reliable ear to the ground: Cleveland, with four picks in the top 35 of the draft, is still exceedingly interested in signing free-agent quarterback A.J. McCarron after the trade-deadline-day debacle last fall … and then backstopping him with a rookie quarterback in the draft. I’m hearing that’s coach Hue Jackson’s preference, having coached McCarron in Cincinnati as Bengals offensive coordinator.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/05/nfl-combine-2018-news-josh-rosen-shaquem-griffin-mmqb-peter-king

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

It will to me...I’m tired of this organization putting QB second all the time.

I think the Bills need to take a QB but I dont want to give up a boat load of draft capital to do it. Trading up to #4 would be expensive unless the Bills can package Glenn in a trade. In a perfect world either Broncos or Jets sign Cousins so one team doesnt pick a QB. If the Bills dont move up, there will be some QB talent at 21. Who knows, maybe Allen or Mayfield slip a little further into the first round where it wouldnt so expensive to move up. 

45 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

MMQB (Peter King) Update:

• Happy Hue. This comes from an executive with a historically reliable ear to the ground: Cleveland, with four picks in the top 35 of the draft, is still exceedingly interested in signing free-agent quarterback A.J. McCarron after the trade-deadline-day debacle last fall … and then backstopping him with a rookie quarterback in the draft. I’m hearing that’s coach Hue Jackson’s preference, having coached McCarron in Cincinnati as Bengals offensive coordinator.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/05/nfl-combine-2018-news-josh-rosen-shaquem-griffin-mmqb-peter-king

Josh Allen would make sense as their selection if the sign McCarron. Allen needs to sit for a year and McCarron will want to have a starting gig for at least a year.