Rapoport: Eagles Release DE Vinny Curry after No Agreement on Reduced Salary

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Curry would be a tremendous addition.  Exactly what we need up front.  His pay day won’t be too big, IMO and will allow us to concentrate on DT and LB in the draft defensively 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

How do you know that?

Sorry. Fixed.

19 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If I'm going all in on a franchise QB, and I want to sign a DT with declining production, a WR who will want to be paid like a #2 and a DE who WON'T have Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox commanding double teams to be "role players," then I would expect them to put up worthwhile production.  Otherwise, it's just another failed, wasted free agent signing.

Ok so what's your big idea? What does the team need to do? All I see from you are sarcastic quips and ripping on other people's comments. 

On 3/4/2018 at 6:10 PM, DallasMac said:

I think we make a move with Indy.  Browns will take a Qb and Giants will take Barkley.  I just don't think there is a ton of top talent in the draft this year and it will motivate the Bills to make a trade.  Not to mention what is looking to be a really weak class for qbs next year.

....so then you think Hugh's luvfest with UFA McCarron is over and Kizer is no longer in their longer term plans?............

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, ndirish1978 said:

Ok so what's your big idea? What does the team need to do? All I see from you are sarcastic quips and ripping on other people's comments. 

If you had his life, you would be grumpy too :D

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't think Curry's any better than Shaq Lawson. Aside from one 9-sack outlier season, he usually hovers around 3.5 sacks a year. We already have that guy on the roster.

They are actually very similar players. Good edge setters in the run game. Plays with more talent on the DL there which helps free him up more. 

On 3/4/2018 at 5:46 PM, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If I'm going all in on a franchise QB, and I want to sign a DT with declining production, a WR who will want to be paid like a #2 and a DE who WON'T have Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox commanding double teams to be "role players," then I would expect them to put up worthwhile production.  Otherwise, it's just another failed, wasted free agent signing.

Have to agree.

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so then you think Hugh's luvfest with UFA McCarron is over and Kizer is no longer in their longer term plans?............

I think they will take whomever they consider to be the top Qb and not wait to see who's still available at 4.  At least IMO that's what they should do.  I don't see McCarron as the answer and I really didn't see many positives from Kizer this past season, though I only watched him a cpl times.  Who knows though.  It is the Browns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Rapoport: Eagles Release DE Vinny Curry after No Agreement on Reduced Salary
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Incognito faced the same scenario and decided to stay with the Bills for less.

I’m grateful to RI for doing that but I wonder if these guys refusing pay cuts are going to end up signing for much more than they refused in the first place.