Difference between Jackson and Taylor

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

Why are you stereo Typing ME? I like Deshaun Watson, He is a pocket passer and Bills should of drafted him. Jackson is NOT a NFL caliber QB.  Do have a man crush or something? Jackson is a BUST.

If you like Watson...then you should have no problem with Jackson.

Watson has a weaker arm...and much like Jackson is a last resort runner except when it is designed.

and you have NO idea if he will bust......none.

Jesus....learn football

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Watson has a weaker arm...and much like Jackson is a last resort runner except when it is designed.

Jesus....learn football

Watson is a winner, has proved himself and can read a defense. Jackson is a joke and will not last 3 years in the NFL. Only people obsessed with his skin color like him.

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Was Randall Cunningham a successful QB? He's always forgotten about. 

Cunningham excelled against bad defenses and choked in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Watson is a winner, has proved himself and can read a defense. Jackson is a joke and will not last 3 years in the NFL. Only people obsessed with his skin color like him.

Cunningham excelled against bad defenses and choked in the playoffs.

You are such a fricken schmuck.....and just eliminated yourself from any real credibility

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Jesus....learn football

Preach on.

You are such a fricken schmuck.....and just eliminated yourself from any real credibility

agreed

Jesus....learn football

Correct.. unless you have this nice globe sparkly thing that tells the future... no one knows.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Why are you stereo Typing ME? I like Deshaun Watson, He is a pocket passer and Bills should of drafted him. Jackson is NOT a NFL caliber QB.  Do have a man crush or something? Jackson is a BUST.

Cause its how you put things out there.

53 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

If it makes you happy the Bills can keep Joe Webb on the practice squad. LOL

and.. this is funny lol

If the Bills do end up drafting Lamar Jackson, it makes some sense to retain Tyrod as a mentor.  As has been stated, both are QBs who run some and throw some.  It would be easier on Daboll as OC to be able to think in terms of having the same offense for both if one is the starter and the other the primary backup.  Emotionally, I'm ready to cut ties with Tyrod, but I'm not stupid.  I think Lamar has more upside than Tyrod.   He has some accuracy issues, but if the Bills draft him, I don't thinmkthey'll be thinking he's the instant starter.  He'll have some time to work on consistency in his mechanics.  I read and article by one observer who studies him quite closely.  The point of the article was that Lamar is capable of exhibiting excellent mechanics sometimes, but he will also get careless.  It's when he gets careless that his accuracy slips.  If he could spend some time as a backup, he can work on the consistency issues.  I think that if the Bills do draft him, they will try not to have to start him in the fall, whether they retain Tyrod or try to sign a veteran who can start and be productive while Lamar polishes his game.

Just now, TigerJ said:

If the Bills do end up drafting Lamar Jackson, it makes some sense to retain Tyrod as a mentor.  As has been stated, both are QBs who run some and throw some.  It would be easier on Daboll as OC to be able to think in terms of having the same offense for both if one is the starter and the other the primary backup.  Emotionally, I'm ready to cut ties with Tyrod, but I'm not stupid.  I think Lamar has more upside than Tyrod.   He has some accuracy issues, but if the Bills draft him, I don't thinmkthey'll be thinking he's the instant starter.  He'll have some time to work on consistency in his mechanics.  I read and article by one observer who studies him quite closely.  The point of the article was that Lamar is capable of exhibiting excellent mechanics sometimes, but he will also get careless.  It's when he gets careless that his accuracy slips.  If he could spend some time as a backup, he can work on the consistency issues.  I think that if the Bills do draft him, they will try not to have to start him in the fall, whether they retain Tyrod or try to sign a veteran who can start and be productive while Lamar polishes his game.

I do wonder if that is the real reason behind some of these posts......they dont want to say it but they think drafting Lamar Jackson means retaining Tyrod Taylor as the bridge.

And that may wel end up happening......or maybe the bills dont view TT and Lamar Jackson as all that similar in that one actually throws the ball  and is willing to do it from the pocket......and the other has hit his ceiling as a quarterback and it wasnt good enough.

Or...maybe we really did offer a 2nd rounder for Foles with the intention of drafting Lamar Jackson....maybe the cost of trade up was just too much or other teams had more ammunition because they are slotted lower in the draft.....who knows.

I do know this....Tyrod is NOT good enough to get where we want to go.....and even if he was retained and Lamar drafted who is to say Lamar does not a.  beat him out in camp or b.  Replace him later in the season.

You gotta think about the way this might play out people....it IS possible.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I do wonder if that is the real reason behind some of these posts......they dont want to say it but they think drafting Lamar Jackson means retaining Tyrod Taylor as the bridge.

And that may wel end up happening......or maybe the bills dont view TT and Lamar Jackson as all that similar in that one actually throws the ball  and is willing to do it from the pocket......and the other has hit his ceiling as a quarterback and it wasnt good enough.

Or...maybe we really did offer a 2nd rounder for Foles with the intention of drafting Lamar Jackson....maybe the cost of trade up was just too much or other teams had more ammunition because they are slotted lower in the draft.....who knows.

I do know this....Tyrod is NOT good enough to get where we want to go.....and even if he was retained and Lamar drafted who is to say Lamar does not a.  beat him out in camp or b.  Replace him later in the season.

You gotta think about the way this might play out people....it IS possible.

I wonder to.. Fact of matter is.. people can come on here and say "I know Jackson will be better" and to make such statements is stupid.. you don't know football to make statements like that.. I do not Link Tyrod to Lamar nor would I want Tyrod as a mentor. Jackson wishes to be a throw first QB thus you need a throw first QB as mentor.

I totally agree with everything said here.

I would like to think looking at the numbers that Lamar will be a bit better then Tyrod but we will see.

Edited by PrimeTime101

On 3/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, SouthNYfan said:

Vick def had a good career overall, he was in MVP talk that one year in Philly, shame about how much wasted potential way left on the table with him though

Wilson was also a sub 69% comp guy who jumped to almost 73% his last season when he transferred to Wisconsin

He had a "leap" in his accuracy, seemingly overnight

I wonder if Jackson can do the same?

Time will tell.

You mean sub-60% guy, yes, on Wilson's college career? 

In Wilson's case, he moved from a program where he was the 2nd best RB and the best RB got <600 yds, to a program where he was the 3rd best RB and the top 2 got >2600 yds between them.  His passing attempts dropped from 527 to 309, which suggests to me that he was being asked to carry the team a lot less and could choose his shots.

While passing for similar or more yardage than several of the other top QB this year (that seems to get lost in the clutter), Jackson was by far the best rusher on the team and it wasn't close.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Jesus....learn football

Jackson is not a last resort runner a la Watson.  This is just 100% dead wrong.

Edited by jmc12290
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You mean sub-60% guy, yes, on Wilson's college career? 

In Wilson's case, he moved from a program where he was the 2nd best RB and the best RB got <600 yds, to a program where he was the 3rd best RB and the top 2 got >2600 yds between them.  His passing attempts dropped from 527 to 309, which suggests to me that he was being asked to carry the team a lot less and could choose his shots.

While passing for similar or more yardage than several of the other top QB this year (that seems to get lost in the clutter), Jackson was by far the best rusher on the team and it wasn't close.

Yeah I agree with all that

I was just saying it's an interesting jump Wilson had

Obviously sub 60 guys are worrisome, I was just kinda saying Wilson seems to have figured it out

Jackson could be a force if her does too

20 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Was Randall Cunningham a successful QB? He's always forgotten about. 

If you measure it by Super Bowl appearances/playoff wins, no he wasn't that successful as his "record" was 3-6. Not to mention his career completion percentage at 56.6%

On 3/5/2018 at 6:38 AM, dlonce said:

This has nothing to do with skin color(I’m a man of color). It has everything to do with having the same thing in common.

Truly gifted running QBs do not have the innate ability to read defenses properly. They are one read and take off. It’s difficult to teach them otherwise. This is Jackson as well.

I hope the Bills do not draft this kid. We need a pocket type passer or at least one that exhausts all reads before taking off(Mayfield).

Except that, for someone who watches Jackson's film, that is clearly not what he did this year.

So either he is not a "truly gifted running QB" or actually, it was possible to teach him otherwise.

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If you measure it by Super Bowl appearances/playoff wins, no he wasn't that successful as his "record" was 3-6. Not to mention his career completion percentage at 56.6%

John Elway's career completion percentage is 56.9%.  Dan Marino, probably noted as the best passer of that era, 59.4%.  Elway and Cunningham played in a different era when 56.6% was pretty good.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Cunningham was a very good QB, and successful.

Unless you think that any QB who didn't make a SB/win a SB wasn't successful.

Marino went to one SB in his career.

He has less SB wins that Brad Johnson and Trent dilfer do.