Terry P is at the combine - & present during the QB interviews

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
John Kryk Retweeted
From what I understand, Terry Pegula was also present during their formal meetings with the QB prospects that they interviewed at the combine. #Bills #BillsMafia #NFL #NFLDraft #NFLDraft2018 #NFLCombine #NFLCombine2018

If this don't tell you the Bills are all in on drafting a QB high this year, I don't know what will.  Rumor has it Terry loved Money Mitch last year.  Things obviously didn't work out due to Mitch going so high, but Terry wanted a high QB last year.  With the capital this year, no excuses.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am not upset one bit he was in the interviews ans meetings for what will be the future Face of the Franchise 

I haven’t read the whole thread but is anyone actually upset? I mean he’s only selecting the face of his franchise. NBD.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Rosen will be gone in the top 3.

Most likely yep he will. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I haven’t read the whole thread but is anyone actually upset? I mean he’s only selecting the face of his franchise. NBD.

Yep you have your Meddling Owner Comments 

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

If this don't tell you the Bills are all in on drafting a QB high this year, I don't know what will.  Rumor has it Terry loved Money Mitch last year.  Things obviously didn't work out due to Mitch going so high, but Terry wanted a high QB last year.  With the capital this year, no excuses.

By the points chart, the Bills have more draft capital than last year.  However moving from, say, 3 to 10 is a lot more palatable than moving from 3 to 21 and 22.

It now falls in T. pegs to remind the GM/COACH that while they are new, the Owner is seasoned and the fans have been here forever And Terry and Bills Mafia have lived through enough GM/Coaches who didn’t value drafting QBs or wanted to prove thy could win without a QB.

It might be their first time but this is not our first rodeo.  They are not responsible for the past, but Terry should chirp in to make sure they do not repeat it and constantly remind them...”its the QB stupid!”

And IMO if Beane and McDermott think they can pass this season and then expect to keep their jobs after a 3-13 season with the promise to finally draft one...eh.

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It now falls in T. pegs to remind the GM/COACH that while they are new, the Owner is seasoned and the fans have been here forever And Terry and Bills Mafia have lived through enough GM/Coaches who didn’t value drafting QBs or wanted to prove thy could win without a QB.

It might be their first time but this is not our first rodeo.  They are not responsible for the past, but Terry should chirp in to make sure they do not repeat it and constantly remind them...”its the QB stupid!”

And IMO if Beane and McDermott think they can pass this season and then expect to keep their jobs after a 3-13 season with the promise to finally draft one...eh.

They took the Bills to the playoffs with a deeply-flawed team.  They have the draft capital and cap room to seriously upgrade the team, even with TT at QB.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I’ve got to ask— specifically what do you love that you think he adds to the research?

I love that he is -- by his very presence in all things QB related the past two seasons -- insisting to his front office without equivocation that they need to find a franchise quarterback. It's not that I think he aids the research. Instead, I simply feel that he's making it very clear to those he employs that quarterback should be the Bills' top priority. To be sure, if he's vetoing decisions, stepping on the toes of the personnel men, or being overly meddlesome, then I don't support it. But that's not the feeling I get from him. We have no indications thus far that he's a Jerry Jones (or even Ralph Wilson) type owner.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I love that he is -- by his very presence in all things QB related the past two seasons -- insisting to his front office without equivocation that they need to find a franchise quarterback. It's not that I think he aids the research. Instead, I simply feel that he's making it very clear to those he employs that quarterback should be the Bills' top priority. To be sure, if he's vetoing decisions, stepping on the toes of the personnel men, or being overly meddlesome, then I don't support it. But that's not the feeling I get from him. We have on indications thus far that he's a Jerry Jones (or even Ralph Wilson) type owner.

I really have no issues if Pegula is forcing a QB down the FO throats in all honesty. Hell, if I owned the team I would.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

They took the Bills to the playoffs with a deeply-flawed team.  They have the draft capital and cap room to seriously upgrade the team, even with TT at QB.

The longer they wait the less of a chance they will even have the opportunity to make a decision.

For a team that was worse in several categories in 2017 than it was in 2016 and still made the playoffs smacks to me of being a outlier.

i would almost expect a better performing team with a more accurate record in 2018 6-10 or 7-9.  ThT seems more likely than a 12-4 or 4-12 record.

teams like the Bills who were 6th SeeD WC who got in on bounces and breaks and collapses from other teams in a league of parody I just do not have confidence in their sustainable susccess.

if you pass on QB now and end up at 7-9 in 2018 then we are just right back in the same situation now.  No QB and forced to trade up for a QB.  But you will be having to decide if your 3rd year head coach should even get that opportunity.

the only way passing on QB now works...is if Buffalo is a very good team in 2018.  And with their odds of being very good in Vegas sit with teams like the browns and jets...I’m not very confident.

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I really have no issues if Pegula is forcing a QB down the FO throats in all honesty. Hell, if I owned the team I would.

I wouldn't want a QB forced down the throats of the FO.  Moving up to get one of the best guys will take loads of draft picks. 

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The longer they wait the less of a chance they will even have the opportunity to make a decision.

For a team that was worse in several categories in 2017 than it was in 2016 and still made the playoffs smacks to me of being a outlier.

i would almost expect a better performing team with a more accurate record in 2018 6-10 or 7-9.  ThT seems more likely than a 12-4 or 4-12 record.

teams like the Bills who were 6th SeeD WC who got in on bounces and breaks and collapses from other teams in a league of parody I just do not have confidence in their sustainable susccess.

if you pass on QB now and end up at 7-9 in 2018 then we are just right back in the same situation now.  No QB and forced to trade up for a QB.  But you will be having to decide if your 3rd year head coach should even get that opportunity.

the only way passing on QB now works...is if Buffalo is a very good team in 2018.  And with their odds of being very good in Vegas sit with teams like the browns and jets...I’m not very confident.

The longer they wait for what?  In all likelihood, a rookie QB isn't taking the 2018 Bills to the playoffs, especially if they have to give up loads of draft picks to get him.  However Daboll returning to the blocking schemes of 2015-2016, adding some pieces on offense and defense in the draft and FA, and hopefully better luck in the injury department, and the Bills could very well be a non-outlier playoff team. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wouldn't want a QB forced down the throats of the FO.  Moving up to get one of the best guys will take loads of draft picks. 

The longer they wait for what?  In all likelihood, a rookie QB isn't taking the 2018 Bills to the playoffs, especially if they have to give up loads of draft picks to get him.  However Daboll returning to the blocking schemes of 2015-2016, adding some pieces on offense and defense in the draft and FA, and hopefully better luck in the injury department, and the Bills could very well be a non-outlier playoff team. 

I don’t know many GM/Coaches who need a QB the minute they walk in the door and have the luxury to wait until Season 3 to draft one.

The reaction to action vs. non-action.

they don’t draft a QB - they better be good in 2018 and better be that non outlier QB team.

they do draft a QB - they get more leeway on a mediocre season.  It cushions them from the hot seat while they groom their QB.

Geoff SchwartzVerified account @geoffschwartz 44m44 minutes ago

The Jags didn’t beat NE because of their QB. The Rams had Gurley and went 4-12 in 16. The Cowboys haven’t won **** with Elliott. Meanwhile, the Patriots and Eagles won the last two Super Bowls with running back rotations. Y’all are insane to think a RB is worth more than a QB.

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I don’t know many GM/Coaches who need a QB the minute they walk in the door and have the luxury to wait until Season 3 to draft one.

The reaction to action vs. non-action.

they don’t draft a QB - they better be good in 2018 and better be that non outlier QB team.

they do draft a QB - they get more leeway on a mediocre season.  It cushions them from the hot seat while they groom their QB.

I don't know many GM/coaches who take over a team without a franchise guy, appear to be rebuilding, and then make the playoffs.  So I think they've earned some time.  Doesn't mean I don't think they should address QB, just that I don't think giving up draft capital to take a chance on a deep but flawed QB class is a smart thing to do.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't know many GM/coaches who take over a team without a franchise guy, appear to be rebuilding, and then make the playoffs.  So I think they've earned some time.  Doesn't mean I don't think they should address QB, just that I don't think giving up draft capital to take a chance on a deep but flawed QB class is a smart thing to do.

They are always going to be flawed.  Always. There will never be a QB prospect who after a 3 month tear down by Analysists, former scouts, Gms and every person with a YouTube access will not come out the other side and not be flawed in some way.

and if by chance...there ever is a day a Non flawed QB prospect is in a draft you will need to be 1-15 or 0-16 to select him which no one wants to do.

don’t be bad to get one.

dont trade up to get one.

sit and draft the 5th, 6th or even 7th QB off the board.

dont draft any and then save your job by going 12-4.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

19 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

They are always going to be flawed.  Always. There will never be a QB prospect who after a 3 month tear down by Analysists, former scouts, Gms and every person with a YouTube access will not come out the other side and not be flawed in some way.

and if by chance...there ever is a day a Non flawed QB prospect is in a draft you will need to be 1-15 or 0-16 to select him which no one wants to do.

don’t be bad to get one.

dont trade up to get one.

sit and draft the 5th, 6th or even 7th QB off the board.

dont draft any and then save your job by going 12-4.

OK. So who and how?

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK. So who and how?

The ones that our scouting department likes, and by aggressively targeting them with the proper industry standards.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Im not upset by his presence but I do not think he adds anything to the process and may in fact detract from it though.