Josh Rosen on “Leadership”

Idk. He is extremely intelligent. Something like thise quotes tells me that he’s smart and he’ll say what needs to be said. Will he do what needs to be done? And can he do it while getting people to follow him because they want to, and not because he’s asking them to. That is my question with Rosen. 

I mean, if a team asks if you want to backup or challenge for the job, it’s very simple “I’m going to compete like I’m competing to start, but if I don’t win the job I’ll keep competing and be as good of a teammate as I can be.” I don’t see how you answer differently when being asked to compete for the job or simply be a backup. 

Also, Jeff Fisher? With quarterbacks? If I’m the agent I get him as far away from that guy as possible. 

Edited by Dkollidas

Thanks for posting this.  This kid's been getting a bad rap simply because he's exposed himself as not being in the mold of your average, high achieving "student athlete."  Most are merely athletes who achieve on the field.  Rosen is the total package.  What's wrong with being intelligent, especially when you're directing the offense, and a fine football player to boot?  Having opinions makes you a potential problem child?  I'd rather have a gifted quarterback with a brain than the type of problem children the NFL has been so heavily populated with for eons.  The primary concern the team getting Rosen should have is that he's had injury problems in the past.  

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Exactly.  He is an Eli Manning clone in so many ways.  How on Earth do the Giants pass on him?

He's not real  elusive so yes he is, in so many ways, an  Eli clone. Better get some pass blockers. Great arm but the other top QB'S seem more adept at making  something happen with their legs. Still love this guy but our OL is in need of major upgrade. I'm out here in SoCal and got to see him play at St John Bosco and three games with the Bruins. Just wish he didn't walk off the field so often with something visibly hurting. Not necessarily injured but hurting. 

John Elway is going to fall in love with Rosen, and Denver will be the team trading up for him.  Wish we would have traded for KCs 2019 first round pick, because it's doubtful in my opinion that Mahomes does as well as Smith did.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

John Elway is going to fall in love with Rosen, and Denver will be the team trading up for him.  Wish we would have traded for KCs 2019 first round pick, because it's doubtful in my opinion that Mahomes does as well as Smith did.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Broncos were said to be all in on Cousins so if they make a move then we will know Cousins is going elsewhere. Jets can probably offer the most money and Vikings offer the best chance to win now so there will be competition. This trade would be the Broncos backup plan 

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I don’t know how the browns skip him but I’d love if they did but hope the jets don’t get him 

Jets and Giants would both be stupid for passing on him.

Can you imagine a Jewish star QB in New York?

10 hours ago, TigerJ said:

One of the many things that was heard about Rosen over the last few months was that he was not well liked by teammates.  I'm curious to learn if there was anything to that or is it just a piece of unfounded and useless debris that tends to float around NFL prospects this time of year.  In general I'm liking the things I've heard about and from him lately.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-time-to-bury-josh-rosen-character-slander-once-and-for-all/

7 hours ago, PIZ said:

He could also fall in love with Baker Mayfield.

39 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

He could also fall in love with Baker Mayfield.

Could, but I think Rosen fits everything Elway wants.  I can't stand Elway, so it's disappointing that he's going to get what he wants.  Broncos are a good team, that had crappy QB play, and now they're going to get a top QB because they had 1 crappy year.  Another reason why the Giants should take the opportunity and get Eli's replacement while they can.

13 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Do Josh Rosen look like a young Aaron Rodgers to anyone else, physically?

A little bigger than A-a-Ron, but similar traits.and dare I say that also share a similar personality for those who follow Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....ANY validity to snippets about him being a spoiled rich kid brat stuff??...when they throw "tennis player" into the mix, I'm thinking "McEnroe & Connors divas".....all BS?...

Drew Brees was a high-end tennis player in his youth in Texas. For comparison...

• Like (+1) 1