Josh Rosen on “Leadership”

I think the people who have created this narrative about Rosen are:

1. People who have a binary mind, you either fit the role or don't. You should shut up and mechanically do what you're told. A lot of old school types are this way. Think head of the NCAA types

2. People who don't like his political views, he's a left coast liberal.

Personally, I love the dude...he's franchise to me.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

I think the people who have created this narrative about Rosen are:

1. People who have a binary mind, you either fit the role or don't. You should shut up and mechanically do what you're told. A lot of old school types are this way.

2. People who don't like his political views

Being outspoken is not a good Fit in Todays NFL.

signed

Donald

hope he drops cuz of it :P

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

well if they decided on going after someone, I am cool with this young Man. Injuries be damned.
I will shed tears about all the picks spent though

it all depends on how it works out. if the Bills trade away three years worth of picks and the guy is a stud qb for 15 years, then it was great. they actually gained a pick when picking ej manual, and that, in hindsight, ended up not being a great move. if it happens, we just have hope that it works out. if not, then it is another chapter in our buffalo sportsfan's book of misery.

1 minute ago, swnybillsfan said:

it all depends on how it works out. if the Bills trade away three years worth of picks and the guy is a stud qb for 15 years, then it was great. they actually gained a pick when picking ej manual, and that, in hindsight, ended up not being a great move. if it happens, we just have hope that it works out. if not, then it is another chapter in our buffalo sportsfan's book of misery.

I do not want to be a part of another chapter of cheap and inept.
 There of course middle ground with your wise opinion. They could fill some needed positions with day one starters AND get the QB they feel strongly they can develop.
I would hate to see another QB fail here because he was getting killed by his O line and or Defense was not able to get off the field.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or Blaine Gabbert.  Guy who didn't really have special college careers yet draft experts loved and helped become top 5 picks.  

Oh, yes, exactly this.  One of the few Draftnik festivals I had opinions about from having seen him in college.  It's not that he was junk, he would have been a great guy to take a shot on as a developmental QB in the 4th or 5th round maybe.  But he "looked the way you want your QB to look" "checked all the boxes" and had a Yowza of an agent/hype machine. 

So teams ignored the line in the scouting report that said "has a long way to go before he's ready to lead an NFL offense. He played in a spread offense and will have to learn to take snaps under center and make progressions in the pocket" and made him a top 10 pick.

11 hours ago, horned dogs said:

He could also fall in love with Baker Mayfield.

I have been thinking that Mayfield seems like he might be an Elway kind of guy

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Other QBs who came from a “wealthy” background: Peyton and Eli manning 

Worth pointing out that wealthy background and 'privileged little snot' don't necessarily go together especially where sports are concerned.

Some wealthy families are balanced and grounded and expect their kids to be responsible.

Some athletically talented kids from poor or lower-middle-class families have been getting away with crap from a young age because of their talent and coaches/parents who protect them

17 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I do not want to be a part of another chapter of cheap and inept.
 There of course middle ground with your wise opinion. They could fill some needed positions with day one starters AND get the QB they feel strongly they can develop.
I would hate to see another QB fail here because he was getting killed by his O line and or Defense was not able to get off the field.

i agree with this. there is the big swing here (trade up, get your guy at any cost), which could set the overall team back with a lak of talent to surround the new qb. and there is the stay put approach, where you could draft a more modest talent and surround him with higher grade weapons and protection. you can make the argument that a great qb (if your gamble pays off) can overcome certain deficiencies on the team. and you could also make a case for the lesser talent being able to work within the system, and just get the ball to the playmakers. either way, the draft just cannot get here fast enough!

Edited by swnybillsfan

3 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i agree with this. there is the big swing here (trade up, get your guy at any cost), which could set the overall team back with a lak of talent to surround the new qb. and there is the stay put approach, where you could draft a more modest talent and surround him with higher grade weapons and protection. you can make the argument that a great qb (if your gamble pays off) can overcome certain deficiencies on the team. and you could also make a case for the lesser talent being able to work within the system, and just get the ball to the playmakers. either way, the draft just cannot get here fast enough!

and all the gray area in between !!

I might guess Bills are thinking long term strategy. That being said, they are as sure as they can be about a QB you have go get him.

But you also have to put in a position for success.
We saw how Peterman did behind that O line last year. He got crushed.

And that was on the Line and blocking + receivers not being polished enough, more than it was Nathan. IMHO.

Team Game .

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

IMG_20180304_145131.jpg

Well, if he wants to go to the team that wants him the most, the Bills need to show him a lot of love and move up for him.

I can deal with the Browns taking him #1... any other AFC team than the Bills is not acceptable though. :D

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

and all the gray area in between !!

I might guess Bills are thinking long term strategy. That being said, they are as sure as they can be about a QB you have go get him.

But you also have to put in a position for success.
We saw how Peterman did behind that O line last year. He got crushed.

And that was on the Line and blocking + receivers not being polished enough, more than it was Nathan. IMHO.

Team Game .

peterman had some bad luck (benjamin getting injured, dimarco doing the tip drill, and getting blasted while throwing the ball), but he also had some seriously ill advised throws. it looked like he was trying to dig himself out by taking really bad risks. i thought playing him was the right move, even though i really liked tyrod. ideally, we need to get a qb that is better than both. i absolutely agree with your sentiment that if there is a guy they love, then they should do everything they can to get him. there are many ways to build your roster, but if you want to be a perennial contender, you find that franchise qb, and fill in around him as best you can.

• Like (+1) 1