WR Tavon Austin Set to Be Traded or Released

Just now, whatdrought said:

Hard to see him being worth a lot after he failed to produce on a very good offense last year. 

yea it seems odd...I mean they had a lot of weapons so I can see his targets losing overall targets, but the drop off was substantial. They started using him as more of a decoy/RB at some points too. Very odd.

Would I sign him to a real small/incentive laden contract as a flyer? Probably, hes fast 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

yea it seems odd...I mean they had a lot of weapons so I can see his targets losing overall targets, but the drop off was substantial. They started using him as more of a decoy/RB at some points too. Very odd.

Would I sign him to a real small/incentive laden contract as a flyer? Probably, hes fast 

He even lost his job as a returner. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sammy thread brewing in 1...2...3

But why would we trade Sammy to them and then take back a lesser receiver. I miss Sammy so .............. sorry I couldn't resist

Sorry I should specify sarcasm before I get lambasted!

Edited by Wsam4031
added

I feel that Austin was misused just about his whole time with the Rams. 

He spent much of his career in Jeff Fisher offenses, so that tells you a lot, as well.

To me, he should be used pretty much strictly on jet sweep actions, returns, and screens. See: Tyreek Hill.

He is not, never has been, and never WILL be a true WR. If you treat him as such and use him as I just mentioned instead, I think he can be productive for your offense.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Logic said:

I feel that Austin was misused just about his whole time with the Rams. 

He spent much of his career in Jeff Fisher offenses, so that tells you a lot, as well.

To me, he should be used pretty much strictly on jet sweep actions, returns, and screens. See: Tyreek Hill.

He is not, never has been, and never WILL be a true WR. If you treat him as such and use him as I just mentioned instead, I think he can be productive for your offense.

When he was eligible for the 2013 Draft, I remember posters on the old Bills Message Board pounding the table and screaming for the Bills to take him with the 8th pick.  One poster went so far as to say: "Take Tavon Austin at 8 and then trade back into the 1st for EJ Manuel."

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

When he was eligible for the 2013 Draft, I remember posters on the old Bills Message Board pounding the table and screaming for the Bills to take him with the 8th pick.  One poster went so far as to say: "Take Tavon Austin at 8 and then trade back into the 1st for EJ Manuel."

hah. The Rams should NEVER have drafted him so high. It was silly. He's taller Roscoe Parrish. Second rounder all the way.

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Don't disrespect Tyreek Hill like that.  Hill can be used as a legit receiver and can run the entire route tree.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1