If we keep Tyrod. I'm done.

BuffaloBud420

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't, at least not into the top 5.

But I'll be excited if you're right and I'm wrong  :thumbsup: 

As will I....this is the draft to get our QB

BUT

If the asking price is just plain too high?  Give me Lamar Jackson who has improved every year and is a very dynamic player

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still believe we are trading up  

I just watched the end of the RB combine session with Mayock.

I 'm started to think the sweet spot for us may be number 5 for Rosen, and that we should hope Denver gets Cousins.

Mayock said he thinks the Giants QB is either Darnold or Allen and it may well be addressed.

So...Browns take Barkley &Darnold, Giants take Allen, Colts take Chubb

I felt for awhile now that McCarron/ Cousins end up with Vikings/ Broncos.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't, at least not into the top 5 for one of the 2 or 3 best guys who could and maybe should start week 1.

We mostly agree finally, I think if we trade up it's going big to top 3-5, otherwise we stay put I think

Edited by SouthNYfan

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

We mostly agree finally, I think if we trade up it's going big to top 3-5, otherwise we stay put I think

This is how I've felt since last year ever since we traded down in the first and acquired all of our picks as the summer progressed.

It's literally what I've been hoping for here for a very long time... and I've been vocal about it, too.

But just because it's what I hope for doesn't mean it's what I think will happen.  And I'm also not a believer in the "if the thing I want to happen most doesn't happen, the sky is falling!!!" attitude so prevalent here.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is how I've felt since last year ever since we traded down in the first and acquired all of our picks as the summer progressed.

It's literally what I've been hoping for here for a very long time... and I've been vocal about it, too.

But just because it's what I hope for doesn't mean it's what I think will happen.  And I'm also not a believer in the "if the thing I want to happen most doesn't happen, the sky is falling!!!" attitude so prevalent here.

I definitely don't think the sky is falling, per say.

I think, in regards to the qb situation, I think there are a few camps (generalizing)

1) people who like Tyrod and are okay with him

2) people who don't really like Tyrod, but want to stick with him unless we have a definite upgrade

---------------tyrod divide---------------

3) people who want Tyrod gone, and would rather risk bottoming out with a rookie/high risk fa bridge who might be great, rather than use Tyrod as a bridge

4) people who want ANYBODY but Tyrod

5) people who want Peterman to start next year (aka delusional)

I'm in #3, but I think to be in camp of #3 you have to be willing to accept that we might be awful next year

I know that having a worse season might be a bad idea, but I also don't like being in "QB hell" which is "just good enough to be a fringe playoff team, but not bad enough to get a top5 pick"

I'm not okay with that, I get it that some people are okay with that, but I'm not.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I definitely don't think the sky is falling, per say.

I think, in regards to the qb situation, I think there are a few camps (generalizing)

1) people who like Tyrod and are okay with him

2) people who don't really like Tyrod, but want to stick with him unless we have a definite upgrade

---------------tyrod divide---------------

3) people who want Tyrod gone, and would rather risk bottoming out with a rookie/high risk fa bridge who might be great, rather than use Tyrod as a bridge

4) people who want ANYBODY but Tyrod

5) people who want Peterman to start next year (aka delusional)

I'm in #3, but I think to be in camp of #3 you have to be willing to accept that we might be awful next year

I know that having a worse season might be a bad idea, but I also don't like being in "QB hell" which is "just good enough to be a fringe playoff team, but not bad enough to get a top5 pick"

I'm not okay with that, I get it that some people are okay with that, but I'm not.

I like that... the  ----------tyrod divide----------  :lol:

Clever... and largely accurate.

But I really don't think there's anyone in #1, and although I'm only guessing here, I think with your #1 you mean that these people think Tyrod could still be our long term answer to the QB position, am I right?

I don't think anyone believes that anymore. 

I guess what you've illustrated there is why this discussion can be so infuriating because I legitimately think there are people in #4 and #5, but I just don't think the #1s are really out there any more.  So the more "extremes" on this message board are those people in #4 and #5, and yet, those in #3, #4, and #5 have created this ridiculous "CoT" narrative when the truth is, those on the fringes in #4 and #5 are often a helluva lot more "cult-like" than anyone in #2.

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I hope that Tyrod gets a 5year $100 million deal. The knashing of teeth around here is quite entertaining...

Love the quote!!  Gotta make sure these millenials get talked off the ledge!

• Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't be done. I wouldn't even be upset. I would be a little shocked honestly. If it really happens then I have to believe that it was the best option. Then I'll just be excited to see what happens.

Then really the only two ways I can feel during the season is excitement and disappointment. If it was Tyrod and he lit it up so I could get more excitement then feeling disappointed I could be happy with that. 

If he struggles to much to the point the offense is kind of embarrassment again then obviously I can't get excited about that. I don't wanna just hang in games if the defense is stealing the ball away. It's a waste of effort. 

Oh and never ever again let Bortles beat you at something you are supposed to be known for in a playoff game. That should be the final nail but time will tell I guess. 

Take the potential to score 3 point games and turn into a potential to score 37 point games. If you bring Tyrod to start next season and you still putting up 3 point games it looks very bad.

I'm confident Tyrod won't be back unless they absolutely believe they can make it work because you can't bench him next season without looking mega stupid and probably get fried by media.

I think the coach knows he can't double down on Tyrod again if he can't get better results. If he benched him already I'm sure he has serious doubts. If he can't commit now then he has doubts. Why would you ever start a guy that fills you with that much doubt. My money says he doesn't. He has already moved on from a lot of players.

The HC will bring in the best competition at QB he can an Tyrod is automatically at the bottom of that list under Peterman starting out. 

Edited by Lfod

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I like that... the  ----------tyrod divide----------  :lol:

Clever... and largely accurate.

But I really don't think there's anyone in #1, and although I'm only guessing here, I think with your #1 you mean that these people think Tyrod could still be our long term answer to the QB position, am I right?

I don't think anyone believes that anymore. 

I guess what you've illustrated there is why this discussion can be so infuriating because I legitimately think there are people in #4 and #5, but I just don't think the #1s are really out there any more.  So the more "extremes" on this message board are those people in #4 and #5, and yet, those in #3, #4, and #5 have created this ridiculous "CoT" narrative when the truth is, those on the fringes in #4 and #5 are usually a helluva lot more "cult-like" than anyone in #2.

Nobody should ever, ever, EVER have thought that a Rex Ryan-handpicked 5th year backup could be a long term solution at QB. 

Ever.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nobody should ever, ever, EVER have thought that a Rex Ryan-handpicked 5th year backup could be a long term solution at QB. 

Ever.

Just want to argue now?

I disagree.

After 2015 there was good reason to think Tyrod Taylor could have been our long term solution at QB.

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just want to argue now?

I disagree.

After 2015 there was good reason to think Tyrod Taylor could have been our long term solution at QB.

I saw potential after 2015

After 2016 I was done though

Hindsight is 20/20 obv

I think that if we exit this off-season without a rookie QB who they expect to be the future, after passing on mahomes and Watson last year, then we should get the pitchforks and torches!!

I would say that, even if people have their own preferences on what rookie to draft, if we go into next season without anybody who isn't from the list below should consider it a colossal failure:

-Darnold

-Rosen

-Jackson

-Mayfield

-Allen

Everybody has their preferences on that list, everybody has a guy or two they want to avoid like the plague on that list.

That's fine, but I think we need to finish the draft with one of those guys on the roster.

That's unless we pull a "cousins miracle" or some other crazy sh*t.

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just want to argue now?

I disagree.

Not really. I knew after his first preseason snaps his game didn't have staying power. The NFL is a merciless place for QBs who can't operate from the pocket. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why?

Because his idea of a franchise quarterback was Mark Sanchez.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not really. I knew after his first preseason snaps his game didn't have staying power. The NFL is a merciless place for QBs who can't operate from the pocket. 

Because his idea of a franchise quarterback was Mark Sanchez.

Stahp.

No you didn't.

I hate Tyrod.

That's obvious.

Every person who's read my posts knows it.

Even I will admit that he had promise that first year.

Edited by SouthNYfan

19 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I saw potential after 2015

After 2016 I was done though

Hindsight is 20/20 obv

I think that if we exit this off-season without a rookie QB who they expect to be the future, after passing on mahomes and Watson last year, then we should get the pitchforks and torches!!

I would say that, even if people have their own preferences on what rookie to draft, if we go into next season without anybody who isn't from the list below should consider it a colossal failure:

-Darnold

-Rosen

-Jackson

-Mayfield

-Allen

Everybody has their preferences on that list, everybody has a guy or two they want to avoid like the plague on that list.

That's fine, but I think we need to finish the draft with one of those guys on the roster.

That's unless we pull a "cousins miracle" or some other crazy sh*t.

I'll be really surprised if we don't draft any of those 5 on your list or Mason Rudolph or go out and try to acquire Kirk Cousins or (please please please!!!) Andrew Luck.

So while if you asked me if I'd put $20 down on Tyrod being on the roster come the Fall, I might take that bet.

But if you asked me if I'd put $200 down on any of the 8 in Darnold or Rosen or Jackson or Mayfield or Rudolph or Allen or Cousins or Luck being on our roster in the Fall, I'd definitely take that bet.

I actually don't want to bet on either, I'm just trying to make a point  0:) 

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Ask transplantbillsfan. 

What are you asking me?

I remember you saying that people were exaggerating the success of Taylor's 2015 season, but even then I don't remember you dismissing him as a Franchise QB. 

I definitely do not remember you saying in the preseason of 2015 that you knew he would never be a Franchise QB.

Is this revisionist history?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't, at least not into the top 5 for one of the 2 or 3 best guys who could and maybe should start week 1.

I agree as I think they will trade up to the top ten "IF" there is still one of the top four QB's still available. Just not the top five as that will be just cost prohibitive. 

The Browns, NY Giants, NY Jets, and Broncos all are looking at QB's and should the Giants go for Barkley one of those top four will be there. I can see the Bills trading with Tampa, Chicago, SF, Oakland to get ahead of Miami, Arizona. Of course, a lot depends on what happens in free agency.

Should the Browns go Barkley #1 and a QB at #4 then all bets are off and the Bills won't move up at all.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not surprising to me as I don't see this new regime putting all their chips this year and perhaps even some for next year all on one guy who has a 33% chance of making it as a franchise QB. At least not when the team has so many holes on the roster going forward. JMHO

• Like (+1) 1