Vikings Will Make a Strong Push for Cousins in UFA

26CornerBlitz

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

I don't get the love affair about the Broncos.

You think that Denver signing a QB is instantly gonna make them a contender like PM did?

That team has been in serious decline since their SB win and they aren't drafting 5th overall for nothing. 

They are a bad team now. FACT.

They are better off just getting their young QB now and getting it over with.

Speaking truth.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why?  Means they're not making a push for Keenum.  QB who took them to the NFC Championship game - one of those QB hungry teams will grab him.

well i'd like cousins to go to us or one of the qb needy teams in the top 6 so a rookie falls to us.  is keenum a one year wonder?

On 2/26/2018 at 10:46 PM, Ittakestime said:

Would be the worst case senerio for Bills getting a top QB in draft. 

If we plan on moving up and we can't do it in one leap I would like to see Denver get Cousins, trade up to Denver's spot and then see if we can get to 2 or 3 from there.  

Again, that is unless we can do the whole ball of wax and get up to 2 to 3, depending upon who is available.

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

well i'd like cousins to go to us or one of the qb needy teams in the top 6 so a rookie falls to us.  is keenum a one year wonder?

Someone will pay him on the chance that he's not.

Might be Shurmer/Giants, hehehe.  Watch out, Eli, better work overtime to get on with the new coach!

I'll stick my neck out and say he's one of that tier of QB (larger than most think) that can play very well consistently with the right support - OL, WR, run game - and a good scheme.  I would put Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, and Eli Manning in that class and in a lower tier of it Andy Dalton.  I would also say there are very few QB in the NFL who can play capably without at least 2 of those 3 personnel and a good scheme.

IMO where Keenum falls off is he doesn't have that pinpoint accuracy that Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan and Rivers have - he needs good WR who have a catch radius and will adjust to throws that are too high.  He's not unique in that - it's true (IMO) of Cam Newton, Andy Dalton and to a lesser extent Eli Manning.

Keenum is also Foles' best argument for getting a shot, as evidence that QB performance on the 2015/16 Rams does not represent QB results in an actual NFL offense.

Short term deal?

NFL Insiders predict free agency: Kirk Cousins' new deal and landing spot

Over the next two weeks, our panel of ESPN NFL Insiders is taking a closer look at the upcoming free-agent market, answering questions on the biggest topics in the league.

Next up: Kirk Cousins is the top free agent on the market, but the teams who seem to be interested in breaking the bank to sign him are dwindling. Where will he sign, and how much guaranteed money will he get?

Minnesota was where I picked for a landing spot over a month ago. With the team they already have in place I think it makes sense. His pressure would be lessened by the talent around him on both sides of the ball. 

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Personally think that isn't the best choice for him.  It will limit how much money can be spread over the years to lower cap hit.  It will mean he will be looking at team with a lot of money to spend over the next three years (Jets and Cleve tops).  Going on a crap team will end up lowering his future value.