Cost of Chicken Wings

Buffalo716

I was back in WNY a few weeks ago.  I think this was the first time I didn't have any wings.  They just don't do it for me anymore.  Too damn messy.  I hate having orange fingernails or having to head to the restroom to hose off after.  Didn't miss them  

• Thank you (+1) 1

are you old enough to remember $.10 wings at your local watering hole?

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I was back in WNY a few weeks ago.  I think this was the first time I didn't have any wings.  They just don't do it for me anymore.  Too damn messy.  I hate having orange fingernails or having to head to the restroom to hose off after.  Didn't miss them  

heresy

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

are you old enough to remember $.10 wings at your local watering hole?

That's kinda why I brought it up.. There was a time when you could get .10, .15, .20 cent wings lol

i went to a bisons game 2 years ago and I do believe they had .50 cent wings haha

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well they were definitely messy...

but soooo damn good ? 

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's getting ridiculous.  I remember about 12 years ago when I was working third shift, a place I used to go to had morning happy hour where you could get a dozen wings and a small pitcher of beer for  $6.25.

Thats a good deal

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's getting ridiculous.  I remember about 12 years ago when I was working third shift, a place I used to go to had morning happy hour where you could get a dozen wings and a small pitcher of beer for  $6.25.

can you even get a pitcher of beer for $6.25 anymore, happy hour or not?

Edited by Foxx

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh yeah?!?  Well I remember when we had pterodactyl  wings for a nickel.  Lots of meat on those things but tough as nails.     

I’m sure you could make them delicious!

(If you fed me enough grog while I waited.) 

I recently saw happy hour wings being touted for .50. I prefer an order size of about 6 wings, I’m just not a big eater. I agree $14 for 10 wings is steep, but any time I can get a “meal” (6 wings for me) for under $10 I consider it a win. But they’d better be damn good wings! Quality over quantity. Duffs know how to make a wing! (And, more importantly from my days in the area.....pour a pitcher!) 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Godless California communist 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Who are you and what did you do with Jim??

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I just bought a single order of wings from Duffs and it was over $14!

Jeez I knew food prices are going up and I haven't been to Duffs in a couple months...

but 14 bucks for 10 wings!

$11.99 seems to be the norm at Duffs... you must have ordered death sauce: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52ddad0ae4b01d8ef4e51a2e/t/5964d54eccf2100d17e3fed0/1499780432869/Depew_DineIn_July2017_reduced.pdf