Active shooter at Florida high school

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yep. I'm perfectly fine with him owning a gun and all of that until he shot someone. So, Gloria, I guess we are at an impasse because you are scared of people and I am fearless and bench 700 lbs.

A mere 700 pounds?? Do you even lift, brah?

38 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

He bought his weapons legally. They were returned to him, legally. 

Since he had his Illinois firearms ID revoked in August of last year, both the transfer of the guns to him, and the possession of them by him, were illegal.  

44 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You asked for evidence that the defendant had his weapons seized and returned to him. I have provided it. Not only are you ignoring that I have provided evidence that supports that the assailant had his weapons seized and returned to him, you change the subject to trying to attack my grammar. You try to seize upon one flaw to ignore the multitude of flaws in your argument. 

Shame. Shame on you.

Move the goalposts often? You are equivocating and changing what you actually wrote. Nowhere in your article does it say that he had his guns taken away and returned several times. If you want honest discussion, then be honest.

49 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

...what? 

The "dude" asked when people had previously taken his guns away.

If you want to press a constitutional issue, that's a deeper question, but let us at least state for the record that with the current laws, a man who, upon multiple occasions, had shown violent aberrant behavior, had his guns returned to him

Would you advocate preventing him from renting a Ryder truck?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Libcuck? Nice. Did you type that out while vaping and oiling your neckbeard?

Except here's the part you are glossing over: a big reason that the government failed to save lives, is that with laws as written law enforcement had no ability to permanently take them away: https://www.npr.org/2018/04/23/605044996/why-the-waffle-house-shooting-suspect-had-access-to-guns-after-his-were-seized

I think there's a reasonable debate to be had whether citizens should have some form of compulsory military training to act as a militia in case of invasion, but there's a lot of untrained people out there with guns and none of the training to use them safely. Assuming that everybody packing in that Waffle House would have made things safer is crazy. I have BEEN to my share of Waffle Houses, and no one makes good decisions in them.

I don't vape!  I'm a real man, I smoke pole.

Unrelated: what are you up to tonight?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

I don't vape!  I'm a real man, I smoke pole.

Unrelated: what are you up to tonight?

i trust that means something different (re: pole) in your colloquial habitat than it means in Toronto

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i trust that means something different (re: pole) in your colloquial habitat than it means in Toronto

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

No, Boyst outed him along with himself the other day. Also called levi a "ballerina".

20 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Libcuck? Nice. Did you type that out while vaping and oiling your neckbeard?

Except here's the part you are glossing over: a big reason that the government failed to save lives, is that with laws as written law enforcement had no ability to permanently take them away: https://www.npr.org/2018/04/23/605044996/why-the-waffle-house-shooting-suspect-had-access-to-guns-after-his-were-seized

I think there's a reasonable debate to be had whether citizens should have some form of compulsory military training to act as a militia in case of invasion, but there's a lot of untrained people out there with guns and none of the training to use them safely. Assuming that everybody packing in that Waffle House would have made things safer is crazy. I have BEEN to my share of Waffle Houses, and no one makes good decisions in them.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox5sandiego.com/2018/05/11/report-shots-fired-at-los-angeles-area-high-school/amp/

A shooter was reported at Highland High School in Palmdale, California Friday, and the LA County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that one person has now been detained near the school.

Also being reported that there might be a shooter at an elementary school 8 miles from this high school.