The 2018 Season opener

Cygnus99

17 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

Just out of curiosity . I wonder who we will open against this year in 2018 . 

Home or away ? 

A divisional game ? 

I say we host Miami at home 

So I look at this pretty regularly because I am insane.

Anyway the NFL very very rarely has a team go back to back with opening home or away. The Bills opened last year home against the Jets so I would assume we will be away to start. Here is the 10 years:

2017 Home vs Jets

2016 @ Baltimore

2015 Home vs Colts

2014 @ Chicago

2013 Home vs NE

2012 @ New York Jets

2011 @ Kansas City

2010 Home vs Miami

2009 @ New England

2008 Home vs Seattle

Only once have we been back to back and that was 6 years ago and they really try to balance that as much as possible. Also the Bills have requested for years to front load the schedule in the months of September and October due to the bad weather we get later on so even if we open away you can bet they will have bunch right after home.

With the NFL's ratings issue the days of Buffalo opening with or at New England frankly are not high given their TV draw and they probably get a night game against an AFC opponent like KC HOU or IND.

Continuing the Bills played the Jets to open last year and typically within the first two weeks we play a divisional opponent. I actually think we open on the road at Miami myself but I could also see us at someone like Houston or even Indianapolis.

The schedule typically drops the 3rd week of April but leaks usually happen pretty regularly leading up to that starting in March.

Edited by corta765

42 minutes ago, corta765 said:

JAX is coming to BUF fyi

Yeah but I am predicting Jacksonville be flooded by storm and NFL moving game to Buffalo. :wub:

Thanks for correction; I guess my guess would be Jaguars would be our home opener week 2.

I'd love for us to open in Green Bay but guessing we will open in Indy or Baltimore.

Road Games

Houston Texans

Baltimore Ravens

Indianapolis Colts 

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

AFCE

Home games

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Los Angeles Chargers

Detroit Lions

Chicago Bears

AFCE

My hope for the schedule is a couple prime time games (if Miami can get 3 in a row with Jay Cutler, we ought to get  a couple after going to the playoffs), a late season road game in Lambeau, a non-divisional opener (I've always found those kind of annoying), a non-jets thursday night game, and a close out game against NE so it could (fingers crossed) decide the division.

My pipe dream is a holiday game, but that wont happen. 

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Opening on MNF in Green Bay.

MNF in GB would be awesome! Would love to see it in December though.

Besides, it's all but guaranteed that Oakland will have the first (one of them) Monday Night game. 

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My hope for the schedule is a couple prime time games (if Miami can get 3 in a row with Jay Cutler, we ought to get  a couple after going to the playoffs), a late season road game in Lambeau, a non-divisional opener (I've always found those kind of annoying), a non-jets thursday night game, and a close out game against NE so it could (fingers crossed) decide the division. 

Guessing TNF game will be Bills & Lions.  Wonder if Bills will play them in preseason with a game scheduled during year?

16 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

said in another thread, I don't have a feel for the opponent, but I got the Bills hosting the early Monday nighter opening weekend.

Nothing personal, but I really hope you are guessing wrong.  ;)

I did NOT enjoy the TBDHOT when it was on Thursday night, as much as on Sundays. It is much harder for out-of-towners to make it.

No problem for me since it is only a 90 minute drive if I take my time.

The farther away someone has to travel to the game, the more complicated night games make it for family, work, hotels, and tailgate parties.

Plus night games give the ass clown fiery table divers more time to get primed. 

Bowling Ball shots = Cool

Table diving = Community Embarrassment

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Guessing TNF game will be Bills & Lions.  Wonder if Bills will play them in preseason with a game scheduled during year?

Hope it is not the opener! :huh: