Brady's Legacy

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

It's cause and effect. Montana doesn't get injured in this new NFL. HOF QB's in the last century would be unstoppable, today.

So they MAY have been able to match his numbers. None of them matched his winning.  You are hanging your hat on the fact that they may have matched his numbers (like Brees has). The winning trumps all.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

His career is effected by the new rules. He can win 5 SB because he's a HOF QB playing in an era made for QB success.

Why couldn’t other QBs win 5? Or play in 8? 

If you cannot admit that Brady is the GOAT then just stop even talking because your jealous and your Bills bias is showing.

If you honestly are judging QBs solely if SB record then Marino Fouts Kelly and a list of other greats apparently don't register above guys like Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles himself. Bob Griese won two SB titles so with your logic Marino was a worse QB.

What Brady has done with the Patriots will most likely never be equaled again by any QB especially in the age of parity. You compare Montana who played where it was far easier to keep a elite team together with no salary cap together. Exactly which of the 41 pts last night was Bradys fault also. They put up over 500 yards of offense  33pts and lost. How exactly for any team or QB is that remotely the offenses fault.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

So they MAY have been able to match his numbers. None of them matched his winning.  You are hanging your hat on the fact that they may have matched his numbers (like Brees has). The winning trumps all.

His winning is tied to the rule changes. If all the HOF QB's got to play in these rules they'd win too. The game today is made for the QB to be the best player and control the game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I get it, Bills fans hate him. It is just asinine to try to make a case for anyone else. He has everything. We should just accept it and hope that he leaves the game sooner than later.

Or, better yet, force him out of the game before he wants to leave. I just want SOMEONE, ANYONE to end his !@#$ing career already.

Give him the wilfork.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why couldn’t other QBs win 5? Or play in 8? 

Why didn't other teams have belichick?

Why didn't other teams get caught cheating?

Why don't other teams receive obvious ref bias?

9 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree completely.  He has 3 losses in the Super Bowl sure - but he also has 5 victories.  Getting to 1 Super Bowl is pretty challenging, The Patriots made it to 8 Super Bowls in 16 years - 50% of the time is unreal.  

Sorry but I don't buy the Montana is better than Brady excuse.  Look at the 5-7 Pro Bowl players Montana consistently had on offense.  Outside of Randy Moss for a few years, Brady really never played with All-Pros. But he did elevate the talent around him. 

Sorry but he's still the GOAT.  The fact that Matt Patricia's ****ty defense couldn't stop Nick Foles should not change it 

Haha by the way how are Lions feeling about that hire right about now lol

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Respect your opinion, for sure. If I'm picking top 3 of all time it goes like this. 

Brady

Montana

Coin flip between Marino and Peyton. I'd probably lean towards Peyton though if pressed. 

Top 3:

1. Brady

2.  Montana

3.  Young

People forget just how special Young was because he didn't have his breakout until Montana was gone.  And keep in mind, the 49ers got rid of Montana for Young, thats how good Young was.  Yes Montana was older, but still good and a god in SF, but Young was so good they sent Joe to KC to finish his career.  I would take Young 100 times over Manning who was a terrible post season QB.  When you are one and done in the playoffs NINE times in Indy alone as one of the top seeds or #1 seed, then you get way less credit on the GOAT list.  

I would take Kurt Warner any day of the week over Peyton in the playoffs too.  Manning is an all time great, but he sits outside my top 5.  The only SB he really helped win was when he beat Rex Grossman led Bears.  The Denver one he was the lowest rated passer in the NFL, and had the worst QB performance on a winning team in SB history.  That D and run game carried him that year while he was not playing well in the regular or postseason.

• Like (+1) 1

It's not even the same sport. It's like judging basketball points leaders before the 3 pointer was part of the sport and after. I do think Brady is a great. I just don't know if he'd do what he's done in the past century. It's hard to judge him vs players who didn't benefit from the rules he gets to play in.

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Brady is the best ever and it isn’t that close. I wish that he wasn’t but you put his resume next to anyone else and he blows it out of the water. 

and he's still at the top of his game.

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

His winning is tied to the rule changes. If all the HOF QB's got to play in these rules they'd win too. The game today is made for the QB to be the best player and control the game.

So why so many teams in need of quality QB's?

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Why didn't other teams have belichick?

Why didn't other teams get caught cheating?

Why don't other teams receive obvious ref bias?

Belichick plays a big role but those other things are weak. It is how we Patriot haters try to diminish their greatness. They have had  run that no other team has ever had. We don’t need to like it but we don’t need to pretend that they won because of the refs or deflating footballs. They win because the execute in the biggest moments.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

and he's still at the top of his game.

Scary

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you think that it is easier to win in the FA era with a hard cap?!?

Yes. FA is tied to parity. Parity means you can't build a super team to stop a HOF QB. FA actually helps a team with a HOF QB.

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

So why so many teams in need of quality QB's?

Because not every QB is a HOFer and that's always been true. Brady is a HOF QB playing in an era made for a HOF QB. Put any HOF QB in this era and he'd have better stats, rings and everything that comes with being unstoppable from the QB position.

Edited by CuddyDark

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Yes. FA is tied to parity. Parity means you can't build a super team to stop a HOF QB. FA actually helps a team with a HOF QB.

Because not every QB is a HOFer and that's always been true. Brady is a HOF QB playing in an era made for a HOF QB. Put an HOF QB in this era and he'd have better stats, rings and everything that comes with being unstoppable from the QB position.

FA leads to parity. Teams can’t stay together. The Patriots have won for 15+ years with different guys!! It was way easier to win in the ‘70’s when you could build a defense like the Steel Curtain.

FA leads to parity. Teams can’t stay together. The Patriots have won for 15+ years with different guys!! It was way easier to win in the ‘70’s when you could build a defense like the Steel Curtain.

Also agreed.

Nauseating.

I wouldnt deny their dynasty and how it probably will never be equaled (although LeBron has his own thing going in the NBA)

But I dont think it is all Brady's doing.  I credit Belichick for most of it.  Brady is a great QB and his dedication/mind is top notch for the position... but without Belichick, there is no dynasty IMO.  But we will never know.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Teams have always won with HOF QBs. Elway won for 15 years too. And with different players, HC's, and during FA. I disagree on the 70's because the only way you could build a super team was to actually build a super team. Pats have never been able to draft WR so they go sign players from other teams, which makes it easier for them to load up players for their HOF QB.

Edited by CuddyDark