Sammy Coming Back???

Kwai San

9 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I think he was just being kind. 

Watkins will most likely get a crazy contract from somebody.  Heck, it only takes 1 team to believe in him.  He didn't have a QB in Buffalo and was part of a crowded WR core in LA that found him behind the 8 ball being traded in the middle of pre-season.  

He will sign with a team in March and go through a full off season of OTA's and getting acclimated with the QB.  It will also be a team who has a QB who can win by throwing the ball, unlike the Bills.

For the money he will most likely command, Buffalo seems like the last place he would get it from since he was traded from here. San Fran has a ton of space along with a former teammate (Goodwin) and a need for WR.  Texans needs help at WR along with his college roommate.  I can also see teams like the Jets, Jaguars and even Broncos take a look at him.

Not Buffalo though.

Sammy wasn’t healthy enough to stay on the field that isn’t on the QB. He had his best year in the NFL with Taylor playing in 2015 and still only played in 13 games that year.

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

I know alot of people are going to hate this post but....I'd rather sign Jarvis Landry over Sammy Watkins and I love Sammy Watkins.

The Bills do not need an overpriced slot receiver with a crap attitude who doesn't bring the element of speed to their offense. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills do not need an overpriced slot receiver with a crap attitude who doesn't bring the element of speed to their offense. 

4 years 400 rec. 4000+ yards 22TDs the guy can play. He does behave like a 4 year old, I'll give you that. That's with average QB play.

55 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

What does it tell me?

That he didn't distinguish himself. What else could it possibly be?

So to summarize:

- Sammy had difficulty with a young QB 

- Sammy had difficulty with those pesky #1 and #2 CBs

- TT suffered in large part because of Zay

What else am I missing?

That's what it tells you? it doesn't tell you that the Rams had the OPOY in Todd Gurley? it doesn't tell you that the Rams liked to spread the ball around? Alrighty then. I would take him back in a heart beat, because he is a damn good WR. 

5 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

4 years 400 rec. 4000+ yards 22TDs the guy can play. He does behave like a 4 year old, I'll give you that. That's with average QB play.

Not a Beane/McDermott kind of player and he doesn't add what they lack as a good complement to Benjamin. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

That's what it tells you? it doesn't tell you that the Rams had the OPOY in Todd Gurley? it doesn't tell you that the Rams liked to spread the ball around? Alrighty then. I would take him back in a heart beat, because he is a damn good WR. 

He's good, no denying it.

The elite play elite. Sammy is not that. 

No excuses.

Funny they say that the Bills had one of the worst WR groups in the NFL. If they had a quality QB throwing to them, they would have been fine.

Benjamin was putting up great numbers THIS SEASON before being traded to Buffalo. Matthews put up very good numbers his entire career before coming to Buffalo.

I think those two, at least, are quality starters and we wouldn't even be talking about the WR group if we had a top 15 passer throwing to them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The little I watched Watkins in LA and followed him statistically gave me no reason to believe he has become the next Deandre Hopkins or AJ Green. He was not consistent and at times disappeared. That being said he still has the speed and decent hands with a deep throwing QB he could be dangerous.

56 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Roscoe Parrish reincarnated?   No thanks.

I mean we need a speedy deep threat and that's what he gives you. I'm thinking $16 million should lock him up for 2 years. He's much better than Deonte Thompson and I think Daboll could build some gadget plays around him.