Hate to say it...Tyrod will be back

Hebert19

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

And Bortles had 80 some yds passing that day but nearly beat the Patriots a week later. So it doesn’t really prove much.

It was a defensive battle where Bortles made more plays with his legs that day. There is a reason why Dennison is no longer on the team.Tyrod had a very poor game but wasn’t put in a position to succeed with the play calling. If McDermott felt the entire reason why the offense was terrible this year was solely because of the QB then Dennison would still be here.

How about 56 yards and 0 points against the Saints, or 3 points against Carolina, or 0 Tds in two games against the Patriots? Any excuses for those games. LOL :blink:

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think every part of this is wrong. I didn't know Kirk Cousins was so polarizing.

definitely polarizing at this point in his career.     but undeniably a maddeningly inconsistent guy, with far worse stats than Alex Smith.   Kirk definitely has more upside though, and if he's hot he can look like Rodgers, but way too many stupid decisions to command these huge dollars. 

As always, time will tell.   I hope he tanks in Denver. 

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

Please explain how Teddy is an upgrade. His best season, in 16 games is 14 TDs and 9 picks. In Hotrod's worst season , in 14 games, he threw 14 TDs and 4 picks.  Slightly higher comp % (Hotrod's is the highest in Bills franchise history).  Little higher ypa. And he hasn't played in 2 years.

He's a ball control QB too, just not as good at protecting the ball.  Might be OK if we were replacing Fitz or EJ, but the bar is higher this time.

We need a BETTER QB, not another QB.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

There is no way on God's green Earth that they can trot Taylor out there and try and tell us that he's a "Playoff caliber QB and we feel like he's a guy we can win with" and still expect to sell tickets. Change has to be made even if it's a lateral move. 

Who are you? Russ Brandon?

I certainly hope Coach McDermott isn't making his decision off of selling tickets. If, so, he soon will need to buy tickets.

I think it’s possible he will be back. Wouldn’t bet on it. I’ve said it here before but it’s one of the most salient points of the conversation: our offensive line sucks at pass blocking. Better quarterbacks than Tyrod are very likely to play much worse than Tyrod. Bradford, for example, would get absolutely murdered with this line. 

Be be careful what you wish for. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think it’s possible he will be back. Wouldn’t bet on it. I’ve said it here before but it’s one of the most salient points of the conversation: our offensive line sucks at pass blocking. Better quarterbacks than Tyrod are very likely to play much worse than Tyrod. Bradford, for example, would get absolutely murdered with this line. 

Been saying that for a while now

Every time we trot someone out there that is not TT.....they get annialated....I realize those qbs were not ready but still......

24 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Please explain how Teddy is an upgrade. His best season, in 16 games is 14 TDs and 9 picks. In Hotrod's worst season , in 14 games, he threw 14 TDs and 4 picks.  Slightly higher comp % (Hotrod's is the highest in Bills franchise history).  Little higher ypa. And he hasn't played in 2 years.

He's a ball control QB too, just not as good at protecting the ball.  Might be OK if we were replacing Fitz or EJ, but the bar is higher this time.

We need a BETTER QB, not another QB.

Tyrod's numbers just don't tell the story. We need a quarterback period. Tyrod is not a quarterback. 

Bridgewater has huge injury questions but can win from the pocket. In that "best" season he led a so-so Vikings squad to the playoffs and should have beat the Seahawks if not for the infamous Blair Walsh miss. Honestly, Bridgewater was a better passer at Louisville than Tyrod will ever be. And I think that is the difference. Will he throw more picks? Yes. Would it be nice if he had more arm strength? Sure. Can you beat him by forcing him to be a "quarterback?" No. 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

The thought of another year with Tyrod makes me depressed. Having said that, if that were to happen, I do think our new oc would use him more appropriately than Dennison did

If Dabol can pull production out of Taylor at least equal to 2015 somehow and we upgrade at some key positions, why.... we could like... not just make the playoffs, but even win a game or two! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Taylor's the most limited passer in the league. In 2015, Bridgewater's INT % was just .4 higher than Taylor's, but his completion % was 3% higher and his avg yards per pass was a yard higher.

You know why? Because Bridgewater can actually pass the football.

They we're both in run heavy offenses. Total yards is not an important stat. Bridgewater has played 2 years in the league and is a better QB already.

Hotrod 's career ypa is 7.1. Teddy's is 7.2.

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

I would rather watch Peterman thrown to the wolves than watch Tyrod again under center for another season.

At least Nate would throw the ball (even if it was to the other team)

Wow... well okay then. :huh:

46 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

How about 56 yards and 0 points against the Saints, or 3 points against Carolina, or 0 Tds in two games against the Patriots? Any excuses for those games. LOL :blink:

None other than every QB has clunkers :w00t: 

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If Dabol can pull production out of Taylor at least equal to 2015 somehow and we upgrade at some key positions, why.... we could like... not just make the playoffs, but even win a game or two! :thumbsup:

Equal to the best year of his career, due to in part to a lack of tape and a healthier, younger, way better offensive grouping?

Probably not.  2015 Taylor is long gone.  Hoping for 2016 Taylor and likely getting someone between 2016 and 2017 Taylor is the better answer.

42 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

I thought the lone bright spot in the playoff loss was that it was the indisputable end of Tyrod in Buffalo.

Why did you think that game decided it for him?

That question isn't just for you, it's for countless posters who legitimately thought that after the Jags game.

Sorry folks, Taylor's one of the 32 best QBs in the NFL at the moment and is bound to the Bills for one more year at a fair price.

I still think we upgrade in the draft. We might even trade Taylor as part of a package to move up, though that's seemingly a lot less likely.

McDermott is an Andy Reid disciple. Looks like he might follow in his footsteps.

44 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Thank you... exactly a point word for word I've been arguing for a looooooonnnng time :thumbsup: 

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bridgewater has huge injury questions but can win from the pocket. In that "best" season he led a so-so Vikings squad to the playoffs and should have beat the Seahawks if not for the infamous Blair Walsh miss.

In that playoff game, Teddy was 17 for 24 for 146 yards and 0 TDs. Come on man,  You'd crucify Hotrod for a performance like that.

In fact we are for his 134 yard performance.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Equal to the best year of his career, due to in part to a lack of tape and a healthier, younger, way better offensive grouping?

Probably not.  2015 Taylor is long gone.  Hoping for 2016 Taylor and likely getting someone between 2016 and 2017 Taylor is the better answer.

Nah... I'll hope for 2015 or better and Dabol being an offensive genius if Taylor starts, thanks :flirt: 

Yeah right, I'd bet money that the coaching staff puts near 100% of our problems on offense on the fact that Tyrod Taylor was under center, they can't drop him fast enough, Nathan Peterman will start before they bring Taylor back. However we all know what should and likely will happen, they'll draft a QB at some point in round one and go into the season with a expectation that the rookie will start on day one, they'll likely have some type of fake "competition" in training camp, but anybody that follows football knows the normal drill, short of having a franchise QB on the roster.