Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It makes the most logical sense unless you think McDermott is a knee jerk guy.  

I view him as calculated.

LOL calling me omniscient....coming from a guy who said McDermott is “darn happy with 7 points if the other team has less”.

I guess you believe he’s as happy beating a team 7-3 more than 27-13.  He didn’t mean it when he said scoring points is a legitimate concern.

All of everything I say is just my opinion about what happened in the past.  I don't feel like I present them as "absolutes," but if you take them as me trying to say they're "absolutes," don't.

You're speaking in absolutes.

As far as McDermott not being a "knee-jerk guy," I agree, but it makes sense if this report (there were a few of these out there like this, but this was just the first I came to) is true:

I view it as McDermott looking at Dennison as being the offensive mind, giving him the benefit of the doubt considering he was the offensive mind, making the change on Dennison's behalf, and then hastily putting Tyrod back in after 30 minutes of football and going back to the "Tyrod is our starter" mantra.

In the end, everyone can go against their nature or beliefs if convinced persuasively enough.  McDermott did, realized in an "OH CRAP!!!!!" moment that he shouldn't have, and has gone back to the calculated guy he was before that uncharacteristic move. Hence, the "Taylor is our starter" mantra again.

All of the above is merely an educated guess.

51 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Stop being childish 

Childish?  No. 

Sarcastic?  Yes.

Sorry, I'm a sarcastic guy... can't change what I am  :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

People can hate whatever they want, As long as Cousins head and shoulders don’t don any Bills swag... he’s about to Brock Osweiler some poor unsuspecting franchise...

Sounds like your pretty lost on Kirk Cousins.   

With a rb like McCoy and a repeat performance like last years from the defense we are an 11-5 team.  

Hes exactly what we want. Or we will try to trade up in the draft to get a guy that hopefully can come close to Cousins numbers 

Edited by Teddy KGB

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sounds like your pretty lost on Kirk Cousins.   

With a rb like McCoy and a repeat performance like last years from the defense we are an 11-5 team.  

Hes exactly what we want. Or we will try to trade up in the draft to get a guy that hopefully can come close to Cousins numbers 

Lost? The only thing losing here is Kirk Cousins record as a starter. That might be exactly what YOU want, you know because of all the yards n stuff... ‘we’ have no interest. And the supposition he equals 2 more wins is bullocks. 

Let him set some other franchise back 3 years. 

The cresendo of thise who understand what this guy really is keeps getting louder and louder 

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

All of everything I say is just my opinion about what happened in the past.  I don't feel like I present them as "absolutes," but if you take them as me trying to say they're "absolutes," don't.

You're speaking in absolutes.

As far as McDermott not being a "knee-jerk guy," I agree, but it makes sense if this report (there were a few of these out there like this, but this was just the first I came to) is true:

I view it as McDermott looking at Dennison as being the offensive mind, giving him the benefit of the doubt considering he was the offensive mind, making the change on Dennison's behalf, and then hastily putting Tyrod back in after 30 minutes of football and going back to the "Tyrod is our starter" mantra.

In the end, everyone can go against their nature or beliefs if convinced persuasively enough.  McDermott did, realized in an "OH CRAP!!!!!" moment that he shouldn't have, and has gone back to the calculated guy he was before that uncharacteristic move. Hence, the "Taylor is our starter" mantra again.

All of the above is merely an educated guess.

Childish?  No. 

Sarcastic?  Yes.

Sorry, I'm a sarcastic guy... can't change what I am  :thumbsup: 

I’m sorry...I don’t believe that story.

So let’s break it down.

Dennison gives an ultimatum that if he doesn’t bench Tyrod, he leaves.  Basically strong arms McDermott and McDermott caves.

So in the very next game, the QB that Dennison “forced” McDermott to play, craps the bed.  Taylor goes back in.  

Nothing happens to Dennison after that?  The ultimatum blows up in his face and McDermott does nothing?  If you believe this story, you would have to believe McDermott is a pushover.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lost? The only thing losing here is Kirk Cousins record as a starter. That might be exactly what YOU want, you know because of all the yards n stuff... ‘we’ have no interest. And the supposition he equals 2 more wins is bullocks. 

The crescendo of thise who understand what this guy really is keeps getting louder and louder 

...the crescendo here was that he was a VICTIM of a lousy supporting cast.......and with the TBD "pundits" ripping up and spitting out OUR supporting cast ala WR's, TE's, RB's (Shady excluded) and OL, he would be in a FAR superior environment to excel....figure THAT one out......

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m sorry...I don’t believe that story.

So let’s break it down.

Dennison gives an ultimatum that if he doesn’t bench Tyrod, he leaves.  Basically strong arms McDermott and McDermott caves.

So in the very next game, the QB that Dennison “forced” McDermott to play, craps the bed.  Taylor goes back in.  

Nothing happens to Dennison after that?  The ultimatum blows up in his face and McDermott does nothing?  If you believe this story, you would have to believe McDermott is a pushover.

But but the internet never lies.   

It lost all credibility at black QB

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The cresendo of thise who understand what this guy really is keeps getting louder and louder 

Guy averages 31 td’s a year for the last 3 Years 

Guy averages 4,500 yards a year as well. 

Sounds pretty kooky saying he’s not what we want.  

Crescendo ???

Edited by Teddy KGB

i didn't see it on the first page of this thread and i simply do not have the time to wallow through 27 pages to look for it. can someone help a brother out here and tell me what Washington gave up to get Smith?

TYIA

:)

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i didn't see it on the first page of this thread and i simply do not have the time to wallow through 27 pages to look for it. can someone help a brother out here and tell me what Washington gave up to get Smith?

TYIA

:)

Kendall Fuller CB AND 3rd rounder 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

AFAIK Briscoe didn't play QB for the Bills and Harris didn't really get a full chance. 

...he was a then QB who was converted if you want to split hairs..............

Before the 1969 season started, Briscoe still determined to play quarterback, discovered that head coach Saban intended to use Pete Liske as the starter, so he asked to be released.[2]He went to the AFL's Buffalo Bills where he was turned into a receiver, since the Bills already had superstar Jack Kemp, former Pro Bowler Tom Flores, and James Harris, another black quarterback with a more prototypical 6-foot-4 and 210-pound frame. Briscoe never played quarterback again, but he enjoyed a splendid career. He led Buffalo in touchdown catches in each of his three seasons there and in receptions twice. In 1970 he was in the top two in receptions and receiving yards and became an All-Pro.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he was a then QB who was converted if you want to split hairs..............

Before the 1969 season started, Briscoe still determined to play quarterback, discovered that head coach Saban intended to use Pete Liske as the starter, so he asked to be released.[2]He went to the AFL's Buffalo Bills where he was turned into a receiver, since the Bills already had superstar Jack Kemp, former Pro Bowler Tom Flores, and James Harris, another black quarterback with a more prototypical 6-foot-4 and 210-pound frame. Briscoe never played quarterback again, but he enjoyed a splendid career. He led Buffalo in touchdown catches in each of his three seasons there and in receptions twice. In 1970 he was in the top two in receptions and receiving yards and became an All-Pro.

For Denver yes. 

41 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I dunno.

I like how it say 'we' have no interest.

There's plenty here who would like Kirk.

Just like there are plenty who wouldn't.

By 'we' are you implying that you are on the Bills staff?

What is there to really understand about cousins?

He's an above average QB who can absolutely win you games.

He's a "ride or die" guy who's got the gunslinger mentality and isn't afraid to throw the football.

He reminds me a lot of Favre, Stafford, guys like that in that respect.

Is he a top5 QB in the NFL? 

Nope.

He is usually somewhere between 8-12 on most rankings that I've seen.

That's a fair place to put him.

He's far better than Taylor, and would be far and away the best QB since Kelly on this team.

If you don't think that the 2017 Bills would have gone 11-5 with cousins instead of tyrod then I'm not sure how much football you've watched in your "over 29 years" of being a fan, but it obviously didn't include much of Kirk or the 2017 bills

21 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Couldn't read through all the posts so excuse me if this point has been made.

So people on the Cousins train want Beane to sign a player who's team just traded assets for his replacement. A replacement whose previous team traded up in the draft last year to our pick to get his replacement.

It's pretty well known that cousins didn't want to return to Washington, after their pathetically low-ball offer after last season, then the ownership trying to bash him in the media, including the owner calling him by the wrong first name twice publicly.

The trade for Smith was desperation to save face and hope the fans didn't Lynch Snyder for leaving them with no QB

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I dunno.

I like how it say 'we' have no interest.

There's plenty here who would like Kirk.

Just like there are plenty who wouldn't.

By 'we' are you implying that you are on the Bills staff?

What is there to really understand about cousins?

He's an above average QB who can absolutely win you games.

He's a "ride or die" guy who's got the gunslinger mentality and isn't afraid to throw the football.

He reminds me a lot of Favre, Stafford, guys like that in that respect.

Is he a top5 QB in the NFL? 

Nope.

He is usually somewhere between 8-12 on most rankings that I've seen.

That's a fair place to put him.

He's far better than Taylor, and would be far and away the best QB since Kelly on this team.

If you don't think that the 2017 Bills would have gone 11-5 with cousins instead of tyrod then I'm not sure how much football you've watched in your "over 29 years" of being a fan, but it obviously didn't include much of Kirk or the 2017 bills

?

if he keep on his torrid pace of game winning drives he may catch John Kitna. 

I just read that Alex Smith has made $106 million BEFORE this deal. This will be his fourth long term deal, including the killing he made as the number one overall before the slotting cut the contracts way down. 

The $177 million dollar man. 

There can't be that many who have made more.