State of the Union 2018

B-Man

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Once again what you cite ignores that we have a legal immigration process that allows 1 million a year into this country, far more than any other nation on earth.  It also ignores that many who live in rural America or smaller towns are there because they want to be there and enjoy that style and cost of living. 

And very few of the immigrants go to rural America, the area screaming the most about them. Rural America has way too much say in the national government and they gave us the scum bag Trump. I know rural America real well. Go live in WV for awhile. Wonderful job they are doing down there. 

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Didn't that guy get up and run out halfway through the speech?

What a lightweight.

16 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

He left when everyone started chanting "USA! USA!" because, you know, racism or something.

He found it offensive as the son of Puerto Rican immigrants...or something.  :wacko:

Has anyone considered that maybe he just had to take a piss at that moment?  

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

He found it offensive as the son of Puerto Rican immigrants...or something.  :wacko:

My hope after all this time of posting together is that you know, in the end,  I don't genuinely believe he walked out in protest of people chanting USA.

What I DO genuinely believe is after eight years of the left creating one false narrative after another, that watching them get their asses handed to with right-leaning false narratives is worthy of a front-row VIP ticket with a giant box of popcorn. The only reason I watched his SOTU was with the hope he would do it straight so I could watch the left continue their meltdown. They showed everyone watching how petty they are.

The gator/tiberius nuts of the world have spent the last 18 hours soiling themselves in the public eye, and it simply can't happen enough for me.

Did the Republicans pull the same sh!t the Democrats did last night when Obozo gave his SOTU address?

Any people who are on the fence about who they are voting for in 2020 should be disgusted by the way the Dems acted last night.

And, of course, I just put on The Five and Juan Williams talking like the complete moron he is paid to do. Juan is another reason to hate the Democratic Party.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He had to take a stand at the urinal of democracy and let freedom's stream rain down until there was nary more than a trickle.

I hope he washed his hands afterwards.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Did the Republicans pull the same sh!t the Democrats did last night when Obozo gave his SOTU address?

Any people who are on the fence about who they are voting for in 2020 should be disgusted by the way the Dems acted last night.

And, of course, I just put on The Five and Juan Williams talking like the complete moron he is paid to do. Juan is another reason to hate the Democratic Party.

No one's on the fence, any more than anyone was uncertain about Hillary.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Probably not. 

He said that he had to leave to be on time for an interview.  And I believe him, not the least reason being that it would be a really stupid lie.

But it does beg the question: how big an asshat are you that you scheduled an interview that you knew would conflict with the State of the Union?

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No one's on the fence, any more than anyone was uncertain about Hillary.

He said that he had to leave to be on time for an interview.  And I believe him, not the least reason being that it would be a really stupid lie.

But it does beg the question: how big an asshat are you that you scheduled an interview that you knew would conflict with the State of the Union?

/Greg

Maybe it wasn't that kind of interview, and maybe it wasn't optional.

28 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

/Greg

Maybe it wasn't that kind of interview, and maybe it wasn't optional.

“I call on the Congress to empower every Cabinet secretary with the authority to reward good workers and to remove federal employees who undermine the public trust or fail the American people.”

I took note of this statement in the speech. In light of the EO referenced in other threads this could end up equating to an activation code.

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

I didn't watch it.  Did somebody interrupt his speech or something?

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I didn't watch it.  Did somebody interrupt his speech or something?

The Dems literally booed and hissed throughout his speech like they were waiting for Jerry Springer to release results from a paternity test, while simultaneously sitting still from the moment he walked in -- right through the truthful acknowledgement of:

• a cop and wife who adopted the baby of an opioid addict;
  • two grieving black families whose daughters were murdered by MS-13 gangbangers;
  • the grieving parents of Otto Warmbier;
  • a North Korean who hauled his legless body over hundreds of miles to freedom on crutches he apparently borrowed from Gilligan Island;
  • and record unemployment for blacks and hispanics.

Best meltdown in months.

But hey...at least they didn't yell "He lied!" So they have that going for them, which is nice.

39 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The Dems literally booed and hissed throughout his speech like they were waiting for Jerry Springer to release results from a paternity test, while simultaneously sitting still from the moment he walked in -- right through the truthful acknowledgement of:

• a cop and wife who adopted the baby of an opioid addict;
  • two grieving black families whose daughters were murdered by MS-13 gangbangers;
  • the grieving parents of Otto Warmbier;
  • a North Korean who hauled his legless body over hundreds of miles to freedom on crutches he apparently borrowed from Gilligan Island;
  • and record unemployment for blacks and hispanics.

Best meltdown in months.

But hey...at least they didn't yell "He lied!" So they have that going for them, which is nice.

And no Supreme winced and wagged its head negatively. Of course Ruth Bader Ginsberg declined to show up, so we don't know what she would have done. Soiled her Depends perhaps? Maybe her full body sized vagina costume wasn't back from the cleaners yet. :unsure:

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Nanker said:

And no Supreme winced and wagged its head negatively. Of course Ruth Bader Ginsberg declined to show up, so we don't know what she would have done. Soiled her Depends perhaps? Maybe her full body sized vagina costume wasn't back from the cleaners yet. :unsure:

First of all, if I were king, I would banish all people who mention RBG and vagina in the same breath.

That said, I wonder if RBG didn't show up because of her health. She could barely stay upright at the last SOTU. You have to wonder if she'll make it to the end of Trump's term. You'd think the DNC would at least be more disciplined in their plans for this reason alone. Giving Trump an extra four years -- and they're going out of their way to do it -- means you're counting on RGB to 90. If you think they're melting down now, wait until you see what happens if she dies in the next few years.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

First of all, if I were king, I would banish all people who mention RBG and vagina in the same breath.

That said, I wonder if RBG didn't show up because of her health. She could barely stay upright at the last SOTU. You have to wonder if she'll make it to the end of Trump's term. You'd think the DNC would at least be more disciplined in their plans for this reason alone. Giving Trump an extra four years -- and they're going out of their way to do it -- means you're counting on RGB to 90. If you think they're melting down now, wait until you see what happens if she dies in the next few years.

Pretty sure they'll trot out Ginsburg "Weekend at Bernie's" style for however long they have to

• Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

you make too much sense...