State of the Union 2018

B-Man

Eddie Scarry: Trump won on immigration at the State of the Union, even as the media ignored it              (That's why they ignored it)

Anyone hear about the two pairs of black parents who were invited to the State of the Union by President Trump in order to show the country how tragic our immigration system is?

I didn’t think so. Their appearance — and it was heartbreaking to see them grieve while Trump told the story of how their daughters were killed by illegal immigrant gang members — was almost entirely dismissed by the press. . . .

The two had been walking together when several members of MS-13, a gang largely made up of illegal immigrants from the slums of Central America, jumped them while wielding machetes and baseball bats. The girls, who had grown up friends since childhood, were slashed, brutalized, and bludgeoned to death, reportedly over an altercation that started on social media.

The machete is MS-13’s “weapon of choice” and is “used to mutilate and dismember victims during attacks that sometimes are recorded,” according to the Long Island newspaper Newsday.

Suffolk County Police Commissioner Tim Sini described the gruesome attacks as “depraved” and said the perpetrators would have had to have had “no regard for human life.”

So ravaged is Suffolk County by MS-13 that it received half a million dollars in a federal grant last October just to combat the gang violence.

But after Trump’s address, NBC “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd immediately complained that he “didn’t lead with a conciliatory tone on immigration.” (Presumably Trump’s guests, Evelyn Rodriguez, Freddy Cuevas, Elizabeth Alvarado, and Robert Mickens, were more upset that the illegals who killed their daughters “didn’t lead with a conciliatory tone” when they took machetes to their bodies.)

The New York Times editorial board said Trump had “injected only poison and confusion” into the immigration debate.

Flush with originality, the Washington Post also said Trump “injected more ethno-nationalist venom into a debate he already has done much to poison” and that he “chose in the most inflammatory way possible to associate immigrants with a horrific crime committed by a vicious gang.”

As Scarry notes, an actual look at the speech doesn’t reveal any actual poison. Plus:

It’s only worth noting that Cuevas, Mickens and their parents are black because of the media’s unrelenting accusation that any immigration policy outside of “complete open borders” is racist.

Trump spent the better part of the last month being called a racist because he suggested limiting immigration from “shithole countries.” Here at his State of the Union were four black parents who saw their children taken away because of illegal immigrant criminals.

That interests virtually no one in the national media?

Of course not, because that would be a win for Trump. And he always wins when the debate is over immigration.

That’s why they want to shut the debate down with bogus claims of racism.

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i have a lifetime of working and jobbing schedules and polls and charts to tilt things.... or combating it....

they have combined a few tiers of question types in that chart, a disaster, a huge disaster

Okay, that cleared up absolutely nothing. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Okay, that cleared up absolutely nothing. :lol:

exactly....

How Did the Speech Make You Feel?

if they don't say so, it can be assumed you only got to give a single answer

but since it adds up to 135% they have allowed a second response from a person to enter the picture...

amateur hour totally...

the MSM polls showed support for the speech, or at least that was the 10 second soundbite from polls.

so there you go...

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i have a lifetime of working and jobbing schedules and polls and charts to tilt things.... or combating it....

they have combined a few tiers of question types in that chart, a disaster, a huge disaster

I realize that, but when you tier together to i guess make angry/scared look as important as proud/safer shouldn't they be required to tell you this?

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

I realize that, but when you tier together to i guess make angry/scared look as important as proud/safer shouldn't they be required to tell you this?

the flaw should come out if you look a bit into the chart, experience with this can help expect a flaw in any chart

the message was that even CBS and NBC viewers had a positive view of the speech, which could be surprising...

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

There is a need now, more than perhaps any other moment in this century, for a major distraction. A lot of very heavy hitters are sweating bullets right now about what's going to break. Not just from the memo, but from the IG report which is coming on its heels. 

The security company at the super bowl was switched up (strangely enough) in September:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/26/us-bank-stadium-security/

And they hired G4s as a replacement. G4S is a private military contractor (and security firm) with CIA ties. They are a MASSIVE company with a motto that's something like "Jobs too dirty for the CIA".

The Pulse Night Club shooter was G4S. 

The Vegas shooter and his brother have (alleged) ties to G4S.

Not saying that's proof of anything (it's proof of nothing), but if there is anything to the theory I've been railing on for over a year now, G4S is the type of group who would be up to no good for the purposes of distraction and fomenting terror.

http://www.startribune.com/security-firm-at-u-s-bank-stadium-is-fired/447991883/

http://www.g4s.us/

This is a weird development. I remember reading that the father visited the White House a number of times.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pulse-nightclub-shooting-gunman-father-fbi-informant-seddique-mateen/

yeah, this guy....

Seddique Mateen holds up a pro-Clinton sign, during an interview on Aug. 8, 2016. It has emerged that he previously was a confidential FBI informant.

Edited by OJABBA

52 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

This is a weird development. I remember reading that the father visited the White House a number of times.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pulse-nightclub-shooting-gunman-father-fbi-informant-seddique-mateen/

yeah, this guy....

Seddique Mateen holds up a pro-Clinton sign, during an interview on Aug. 8, 2016. It has emerged that he previously was a confidential FBI informant.

People don't want to believe this stuff is real... There is a war right now, and it has nothing to do with partisan politics. It's corruption and evil which is enemies of us all - regardless of party. The sooner the TDS sufferers start to realize they're being mislead by people who think of them as nothing more than disposable bags of meat, the faster we can get to work coming together to defeat these bastards. 

More: https://mobile.twitter.com/BrentScher/status/978237959014100992

• Like (+1) 1