Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

8 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

This really makes me chuckle. Peterman throws a much better ball than Taylor -- maybe he's not as good at heaving it as far out of bounds as Tyrod, but in the brief time 2 has been on the field, he's already made throws and reads that Taylor simply can't do. The difference is that Tyrod is smart enough to know his own limitations and just won't attempt passes to Kelvin Benjamin like Peterman did, because he knows his arm sucks. 

Peterman is still learning, and may or may not ever be anything. I'd be fine with keeping him on as a developmental guy -- if he pans out, great! Turn him into a 3rd round pick down the road. If not and he turns out to be a human interception machine, cut him and move on. No big loss. 

Tyrod has already concretely proven himself to not be a capable starting QB.

Do you believe Peterman will start 32 games over the course of his career?

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Once again it's a lame argument to make in support of Peterman because he should be assessed based on what he brings to the table which isn't much so I understand your attempt to deflect. 

It is not a matter of fact which you so desperately try to lay on us. It is a matter of opinion that Peterman may not bring much to the table and you may or may not be right. I chose to find out during camp. 

The most likely scenario this off season is the Bills sign a middle of the road bridge when such as bradford, keenum, smith, they draft a QB in the middle rounds and those 2 and NP battle in camp. If NP had the best off season and camp it's possible he does start.

I just don't see the bills trading up 15 spots which will likely cost 3 1sts. Maybe if Baker fell.

On 1/25/2018 at 6:21 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Sheriff threw a lot of picks his first year in the pros, including 3 INT his first game.  But he also threw for 300+ yards in his first start, 57% completions, 8 YPA. (300+ twice in his first 4 starts, and >63% completions in his 2nd game).  He was raw, but you could clearly see what he could become.

Aikman had a rougher career start, but it must be remembered that 1989 was a different era for passing.  59% was a good completion percentage then.  Only 2 QB had higher that year and one was named Joe Montana.  And Aikman threw 2 picks and 180 yds in his first game, 2 picks and 241 yds in his 2nd game

I think that Peterman may be in a different category of "bad" with 66 yds and 5 picks in a half.

Now this isn't intending to say Peterman is junk, should be thrown out of the NFL, yadda yadda.  He wasn't ready.  Maybe with some time if he works hard, he'll become a decent QB.  But please, let's stop defending him by citing the nowhere near as bad games of 2 HOF QB who earned their 1st pick of the 1st round status with stellar college careers.

I got  busy and did not see your above reply until today.  I was not defending Peterman.  I specifically said that I was "quadrivalent about Peterman" and had no dog in this fight.  Not sure how I could have been more clear.

On 1/26/2018 at 2:02 AM, Manther said:

Glenn not being in Buffalo wouldn’t be a shock.  But, if they don’t get something decent to good for him (which they won’t at this time) would be useless to move him in my opinion.

lookin at this post wood, it would be tough

On 1/27/2018 at 5:13 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Some of us know what we see when Peterman plays and it's mostly bad. 

I think he is still learning the speed of the nfl...of course most of what he does now will not look too good...it took Alex Smith 7 years...hopefully it doesn’t take Nate that long...but I certainly think he has had the mind and football IQ to play the position- which is what, unfortunately, lead to Tyrods downfall.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2018 at 11:52 AM, twoandfourteen said:

This really makes me chuckle. Peterman throws a much better ball than Taylor -- maybe he's not as good at heaving it as far out of bounds as Tyrod, but in the brief time 2 has been on the field, he's already made throws and reads that Taylor simply can't do. The difference is that Tyrod is smart enough to know his own limitations and just won't attempt passes to Kelvin Benjamin like Peterman did, because he knows his arm sucks. 

Peterman is still learning, and may or may not ever be anything. I'd be fine with keeping him on as a developmental guy -- if he pans out, great! Turn him into a 3rd round pick down the road. If not and he turns out to be a human interception machine, cut him and move on. No big loss. 

Tyrod has already concretely proven himself to not be a capable starting QB. 

Arm strength has nothing to do with why Tyrod has problems and those are that he needs to see a receiver wide open to throw to him. You seem to forget those deep throws to Watkins that Taylor made in his first season under Greg Roman.  Taylor is a starting caliber NFL QB. Although, just not an elite top 10 NFL QB.

Taylor regressed this season under Dennison and as I suspect he didn't do much to develop Peterman either or he wouldn't have thrown 5 INTs in the first half of a game. Someone told McD that Peterman was ready to start and clearly he wasn't at all. Then again, I understand that Peterman was nicknamed "nervous Nate" by his teammates in college for some reason.

Taylor has probably lost his starting job in Buffalo and it's kinda a shame because I happen to think Bills new OC Brian Daboll could have helped him develop more as he will surly help with Petermen's development.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:50 PM, Wily Dog said:
On 1/27/2018 at 5:41 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Once again it's a lame argument to make in support of Peterman because he should be assessed based on what he brings to the table which isn't much so I understand your attempt to deflect. 

It is not a matter of fact which you so desperately try to lay on us. It is a matter of opinion that Peterman may not bring much to the table and you may or may not be right. I chose to find out during camp. 

Just an FYI for you.    (I've avoided this thread for all 24 pages for a good reason)

26 is a Nate Hater.  Nothing Nate does or will ever do will be good enough for him.     You won't get much rationale except Nate sucks and Tyrod is better, OH and Jimmy Garoppolo is a god.  

On 1/27/2018 at 7:53 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Do you believe Peterman will start 32 games over the course of his career?

Probably not.  But you never know.   

I am also curious to know .....  Will  Tyrod start 32 games over the course of his remaining career?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Taylor regressed this season under Dennison

Just to address this :

• In 2015, Taylor showed a fair degree of promise. 
  • In 2016, the team let Hogan go, Karlos imploded, everyone gave up on Harvin, Woods missed multiple games, and Watkins missed half the season. When Sammie did play, it was on a broken foot. Taylor spent a great deal of time throwing to Brandon Tate or Justin Hunter. He "regressed".
  • In 2017, the team let Woods go, let Goodwin go, let Watkins go. They scared Boldin into fleeing after a commitment of only two weeks. They drafted a rookie receiver who looked every bit the overwhelmed rookie the entire season. They had a glut of slot receivers with the best of them - Matthews - injured off&on the entire season. They brought in Benjamin, who was then injured most of the remaining season. Injuries and scheme change brought a major deterioration in o-line play, whose pass protection hadn't been that good before. This even affected the running game, which now had games where the RBs had 14, 62, 28, and 42yds total. Taylor spent a great deal of time throwing to Brandon Tate or Deonte Thompson. Surprise, surprise, he "regressed"

Two more points :

• Take (for example) Dak Prescott out of his cushy situation in Dallas and put him in the '17 Bills offense and you can damn well count on Dak regressing. Replace Derek Carr's awesome array of weapons with those of the Bills and - guess what - you'll see regression in abundance. The same is true of Dalton or Bortles. All four of them had a lower NFL passer rating than Taylor this past season anyway.
  • It never hurts to remember how Taylor played in 2015 & 2016 the 15 games when he had both Watkins and Woods to throw to : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 Ints. It's amazing how little "regression" there was when he had a real pair of NFL receivers to throw to.....
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I am also curious to know .....  Will  Tyrod start 32 games over the course of his remaining career?

I believe so, yes. But that's a different question considering he's already started 44. I didn't ask if Peterman would start 76 games, just 2 full seasons worth.

And again, my post made absolutely no mention of Tyrod. Tyrod has no bearing on Peterman. He doesn't need to be brought up every time Peterman is. Peterman can suck all by himself.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Just an FYI for you.    (I've avoided this thread for all 24 pages for a good reason)

26 is a Nate Hater.  Nothing Nate does or will ever do will be good enough for him.     You won't get much rationale except Nate sucks and Tyrod is better, OH and Jimmy Garoppolo is a god.  

Stay out of any conversation about QBs or any other subject related to football that you know nothing about.  Stick to Conversations in Off The Wall.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stay out of any conversation about QBs or any other subject related to football that you know nothing about.  Stick to Conversations in Off The Wall.

So like when I tell you to stay out of convos about injuries that you know nothing about?

(Sorry , couldn't help the irony)

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I believe so, yes. But that's a different question considering he's already started 44. I didn't ask if Peterman would start 76 games, just 2 full seasons worth.

And again, my post made absolutely no mention of Tyrod. Tyrod has no bearing on Peterman. He doesn't need to be brought up every time Peterman is. Peterman can suck all by himself.

It's the standard Peterman supporter deflection.