Incognito update

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Yes, but Jerry wrote that much too quickly after some admittedly very wishy-washy allegations were made -- solely on the basis of Incognito's past and despite the fact he has been a model citizen in Buffalo and his teammate (Dawkins) refuted the claim.  He's paid to write his opinions, I get it, but this was premature.

...so was Jerry....explains quite a bit doesn't it??..............

Guys, I was walking down the street and ran into Tyrod Taylor and he called me a honky cracker mofo. Nobody was there so clearly it has to be true because no one else heard it

23 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Or he realized that he didn’t actually want that distraction for himself and his team so he put the lid back on. 

Ultimately, we don’t know much of what happened. I think it would be strange to fabricate it completely, but I’m not going to riot against incognito either 

We don’t even know the first part. Just that no one was motivated to expose it if he did. 

But with the bills on offense, there’s a chance it was while it was loud - and who knows how loud it may have been said.

maybe it happened, maybe it didn’t - no need to rush to say one way or the other. Doesn’t hurt to simply leave it as we don’t know.

The sad God damn truth is that Richie Incognito isn't able to turn around and Sue this **** out of this little snowflake for this crap.

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Guys, I was walking down the street and ran into Tyrod Taylor and he called me a honky cracker mofo. Nobody was there so clearly it has to be true because no one else heard it

The sad God damn truth is that Richie Incognito isn't able to turn around and Sue this **** out of this little snowflake for this crap.

...he did his mea culpas and was "unofficially" blackballed for a year which easily cost him $2+ mil in salary......he sure as hell has learned his lesson and has become an OL force for Bflo, a signing I didn't like but was woefully proven wrong...I'd even extend him for another year through 2019..............

31 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I thought it has to be true because you ARE a honky cracker mofo.

Football players in general make too much money to be liberals.

Let's say that Riveron has been running the game on a loop, using super secret NSA sound software.

Riveron finally, after 2,102 listens, picks up the word 'Blave' and after he discounts it being an echo from the Princess Bride, decides it must really be 'Slave'.

Now what, he hits us with a 15 yard penalty? 

Really, NFL, get your overly active hands out of your pockets..  WTF.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'd think with all the mic'd up players, cameras and coverage of an NFL game there should be ample evidence to review.  If RI was wrong he should be fined/suspended consistent with NFL rules, and if he feels he's unfairly targeted he should appeal.  At the same time, the same approach should be taken with the other player.  If he lied, fine/suspend him accordingly and appeal as necessary. 

I think it it would be an interesting to release uncensored game/practice day footage of the players to gain context to all this.  Let's unpeel this onion.  

Second edit.  I guess unpeeling an onion would mean not peeling it at all. I want the onion peeled. It's a metaphor. Apologies to chefs and onions. 

I think Ritchie should tell player either state in public what he said so he could refute or he would take him to court for defamation of character and his lineman was willing to testify for you.

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I think Ritchie should tell player either state in public what he said so he could refute or he would take him to court for defamation of character and his lineman was willing to testify for you.

well, i would think there would be substantial downside for RI to go to that route.  he's not an angel, and in front of professionals who strategize tactical interviews under oath for a living he likely would have a very, very, very, very, very, very bad day. 

i actually think for him, flying under the radar with the support of his teammates is a pretty good outcome. yeah, if the guy made it all up he gets away with it, but RI in odd turn of events is viewed as the victim by some, though not by the "if there is a shred of evidence he has to be fired" crowd.   I always thought a shred was a pretty low threshold for anyone. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Richie Incognito, Yannick Ngakoue reportedly clear the air

‘According to reporters on the scene, Ngakoue spoke with Incognito before the AFC team’s practice at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex. Ngakoue said they resolved the issue and he was looking to move on. He declined to comment further.’

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/       from TBN

18 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Maybe he was just reading your t-shirt aloud?

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Now that's a riot right there.....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

with matching "The Prize is Inside" shorts...

Well, that reminds me I need to wash them and send them back to you... When you gave them to me you told me to look for the prize... I never found it

Edited by Boyst62

“I saw him in the locker room, went up to him, said, ‘Good to finally meet you,’ I apologized for my part in this, and I said I hope we can get a drink here and I can get to know you better,” said Incognito. “He was cool. We shook hands and hugged it out.”

Incognito said he tried to reach out to Ngakoue the day after the game, and finally was able to get on the phone with him when the NFL Players Association arranged it a week later. Although neither player has detailed exactly what was said on the field, Buffalo GM Brandon Beane has said there was some “back-and-forth” between Ngakoue and Incognito. The fact that the league has not come out and ruled against Incognito could be a sign that there are two sides to this story. But clearly, if Incognito said something with racial overtones, it’s not acceptable, whatever the environment.

“It was important for me to be able to speak man-to-man with Yannick about it,” Incognito said by phone from Orlando. “It was a reminder how powerful our words can be. But it gets crazy out there. Real crazy. Things are said and done on the football field that are never said off the field, never seen off the field. What happens on the football field very often is not a reflection of who we are as people. That’s why I wanted to see him here. It’s a great setting to talk as men. Yannick is celebrating his first Pro Bowl—much deserved, and he is a heck of a pass-rusher, and we had our hands full with him when we played. And I was glad we were able to get together as men and talk about it.”