Super Bowl XXXIX Rematch: Do the Eagles Stand a Chance?

Doe the Eagles Have a Shot in Two Weeks?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Doe the Eagles Have a Shot in Two Weeks?

• Done Deal! Patriots Win Again
    • The Eagles are Good and Have a Shot

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 11:30 PM

8 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

New England won't be as messy, Brady > Keenum. Total waste of time to watch.

Pats coughed it up on a trick play but not otherwise.... disciplined football, minimal bad turnovers and penalties...

and an 18 yard run on 3rd and 9 is good to put over on an opponent that is already wetting the bed....

Just now, billsfan1960 said:

Eagles have to play the full 60 minutes and then when they have the lead in the 4th qtr, don't play the prevent D or/and get conservative

with the offense, keep the pedal to the metal.

Count on Doug Pederson to be aggressive for the entire game. 

I just this on another forum......

2001, 2003 and 2004 SB wins capped off vs the Eagles before Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel left.

2014, 2016 and 2017 SB wins capped off vs the Eagles before Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia leave ?....

That's a bit freaky......

Lol i still love the picture floating around of westbrook (i think) and it shows the pats db/lb brining him down and the ball by his hands. And people wondering why thier was no flag for PI. 

The answer is : the ball had already been touched by westbrook. It was on its way to the ground. 

The Eagles can hand it to the Pats the way the Falcons did it for 43 minutes last year.

But, we all know how this movie ends..............

So, I can assure that I will not watch a second of the SB. I cannot stand to see another Trophy raising by the Pats.

Best thing that can happen for the NFL is an Eagles blowout. 

It might be bad for the city of Philadelphia itself though as the people will DESTROY that city if the Eagles win.

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Has anyone taken a look at the Eagles Defense home/road splits? I remember reading some commentary earlier in the year that their rush benefited from it. A quick glance and their PA looks much better at home.

I know by calculations they allow 12.4ppg at home and 22.4(aprx) on road. They also allow 85 more yard per game on road

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Has anyone taken a look at the Eagles Defense home/road splits? I remember reading some commentary earlier in the year that their rush benefited from it. A quick glance and their PA looks much better at home.

Not sure that it matters with the Super Bowl being a neutral site game. 

Patriots also lost 2 of their 3 games at home, but being at home certainly didn't seem like a disadvantage to them...

You have to throw the season out once the playoffs start for the most part. I only included the stats to show that this Eagles team was a real powerhouse all season and should be taken seriously. They have gotten better in the playoffs, against stronger opponents.

Completely depends on Foles

The Eagles have a good defense for Tom Brady. They get pressure rushing 4 and have a decent secondary that can cover long enough for that 4 to get to the QB.

The offense should do better than the Jags did.

Theoretically they should be able to win but with Bill Belichick able to plan for 2 weeks, it's on Foles to perform. If he lays an egg, they will get destroyed.

I know a lot of people don't like this Superbowl because the Pats are in it, but I think this is going to be a really good one. 

Did we quickly write off Foles's 2013 season as a fluke because he went to the Rams and performed terribly there (like Goff and Keenum did under Fisher))? 

Will being underdogs in three straight games give the Eagles a motivational edge over the Patriots?

Can the Eagles stellar defensive line get enough pressure with only 4 rushers which is the key in stopping the Pats offense?

Can Gilmore and Butler keep up with Jeffrey and Agholor?

Will the one two three punch of Ajaya, Blount, and Clement overpower the Patriots giving Foles a chance to stretch the defense?

Is the NFL so worried about showing Patriots bias that all the close calls will go to the Eagles?

Will Darby end Brady's career on a corner blitz?

Should be an entertaining game.