The Teddy Bridgewater Thread

Rigotz

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It seems good enough to me especially since he throws with timing and anticipation, but yes the knee is a risk factor that has to be taken into consideration. 

No doubt about the timing and anticipation aspect; it's the deep outs and other longer throws that need to be on a rope that I worry about. He has never impressed me with those pass types.

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

No doubt about the timing and anticipation aspect; it's the deep outs and other longer throws that need to be on a rope that I worry about. He has never impressed me with those pass types.

I would label his arm strength as adequate.

44 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No not really...he has an injury so bad doctors weren't sure if his leg could be saved or it would need to have been amputated. 

QBs need their legs as much as their arms and I wouldn't trust a guy who might never recover enough to be effective...especially not a guy who wasn't THAT effective as it was without the injury.

That's why they have team doctors. You go by what they say after the examination.

On January 20, 2018 at 11:03 AM, Green Lightning said:

Teddy  actually throws before the break, and and he actually targets wide receivers, doesn't doesn't have 50 yard total passing games and brought his team from behind five times for victories.

Someone else showed he throws to his WRs 4% more frequently than TT.

His offenses are terrible.  In the 4th Q he has a career total of 5 TDs and 4 ints.  in the second half of all games in his career, he has 9 TDs and 9 ints---those are totals.  Trailing with 2 minutes or less to go, he has zero TDs, 1 int.  His rating is 69.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

That's why they have team doctors. You go by what they say after the examination.

And how did that work out for the Dolphins with Culpepper?  Team Doctors have NO idea how the player will actually play once he gets back on the field after the injury, they just are able to say that he is OK to play.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And how did that work out for the Dolphins with Culpepper?  Team Doctors have NO idea how the player will actually play once he gets back on the field after the injury, they just are able to say that he is OK to play.

What happened 13 years ago with a different player matters here?

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

So their doctor suck. Ours are  hopefully better.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I would label his arm strength as adequate.

I would agree, all I'm saying is that rather have him behind the center than Tyrod. And that's why while we develop our rookie QB. 

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What happened 13 years ago with a different player matters here?

Yeah it does because it's the only player with a similarly serious knee injury as a QB I can think of as a comparison.

Bridgewater said on Monday, via multiple reports from Minnesota, that he “definitely” sees himself as a starter heading into the 2018 season. It will be interesting to see what teams might feel the same way and what kind of commitment they’d be willing to make after Bridgewater was limited to one garbage time relief appearance over the last two seasons.

Instead of preparing for a Super Bowl in their home stadium, the Vikings -- just like that -- are left to ponder an offseason flush with questions. Who will emerge as the guy under center for the future?

So what about Bridgewater?

The back-from-injury signal-caller told reporters Monday that he "definitely"sees himself as a starter in 2018, according to ESPN's Kevin Seifert. Bridgewater, though, acknowledged that such a role might have to happen somewhere other than Minnesota.

Bridgewater courageously returned this season from a devastating knee injury that wiped out his 2016 campaign. The former starter was essentially demoted during the playoffs, though, floating in the abyss behind Keenum and Bradford and calling the experience a "test of my character."

As for Bridgewater, if his time is up in Minnesota, he'll quickly find employment elsewhere. He's 25 years old with plenty of solid game tape under his belt. If the Vikings don't want him, someone else will.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 1/21/2018 at 11:10 AM, Green Lightning said:

16% of his game we're come from behind. With TT, behind in the 4th quarter means we lose. Look, you think we're a better team with TT, just watch those 50 yard passing beauties he put up and the stellar Jax game. I'll take Teddy over that, particularly as a bridge QB while our draft pick matures. Overall I'd take Alex Smith as a bridge over both Teddy and TT.

Hokay, I give up.  Bridgewater 6-6 in first year as starter (the year of his 3 comeback games).  Taylor 7-6 his first year as starter.

Obviously, that means Bridgewater would win us more games

We do agree on Alex Smith, though.  If we're going for a bridge guy, he's my man over TT. 

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Vikes give Keenum a nice starter deal like Glennon+....Teddy gets a back up deal with starter incentives and Bradford is the odd man out......and no to Bflo for Sam.....

Teddy will not stay in MIN as a backup based on his interview on Monday. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Teddy will not stay in MIN as a backup based on his interview on Monday. 

...interesting....unfortunately what Teddy WANTS versus what the market dictates may be apples versus oranges.....look at the QB market in two tiers.....Glennon at $15+ mil versus Carr at $25+ mil.......which tier would you put Teddy in based on experience and coming off a serious injury?......logically it would be Glennon but would you gamble on that deal not knowing if TB is back to normal AND for the long term?...expensive roll of the dice IMO.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting....unfortunately what Teddy WANTS versus what the market dictates may be apples versus oranges.....look at the QB market in two tiers.....Glennon at $15+ mil versus Carr at $25+ mil.......which tier would you put Teddy in based on experience and coming off a serious injury?......logically it would be Glennon but would you gamble on that deal not knowing if TB is back to normal AND for the long term?...expensive roll of the dice IMO.........

Yeah

Nobody is giving Bridgewater more than 15

Probably mostly incentives based

Most likely no more than 1 guaranteed commitment either