Shady Wants to Keep His "Lil Coins" in 2018

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I agree pay the man but I don't find it nessecary to exaggerate his value as a RB in 2018. 

I don't think I'm exaggerating his value.  I think we certainly agree that we are not writing him ANOTHER contract like the last one.  And we agree that its okay to pay him 2018. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would agree with that.

/thread.

Seriously, from an analytics/cap perspective, Luxy has perfectly described how the team works through the value of a signed player - not the value of a player they want to sign or extend, the value of a player who is already on the roster and for whom a replacement would have to be drafted or signed.  His value is the cap savings his space on the roster would give you, minus the cost of replacing him.

In Shady's case, it's not as though the Bills have an existing stable of hot young runningbacks behind Shady who might bloom if given more carries.  In fact, developing such a stable is a primary need.

You are a well informed poster so I am not being critical. But in this case I think you overlooked Tolbert.

There was practically no drop off from Shady to Tolbert. I think Tolbert being so electrifying probably contributed to Sportrack deciding to make their post of wisdom that they made.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would agree with that.

/thread.

Seriously, from an analytics/cap perspective, Luxy has perfectly described how the team works through the value of a signed player - not the value of a player they want to sign or extend, the value of a player who is already on the roster and for whom a replacement would have to be drafted or signed.  His value is the cap savings his space on the roster would give you, minus the cost of replacing him.

In Shady's case, it's not as though the Bills have an existing stable of hot young runningbacks behind Shady who might bloom if given more carries.  In fact, developing such a stable is a primary need.

Thanks for the prop!  I appreciate it.

5 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You are a well informed poster so I am not being critical. But in this case I think you overlooked Tolbert.

There was practically no drop off from Shady to Tolbert. I think Tolbert being so electrifying probably contributed to Sportrack deciding to make their post of wisdom that they made.

My instinct says sarcasm but then I look at the web address...

Thought the quip was hilarious. Shady has a fun sense of humor.

No issue with his contract. I did for 2 years. No longer. dude is the fitzshizzle.

I ant Bills to get to back behind him this year.

Cadet can be one. But I would like to see a grinder for 4th and 2 at the Goal.

Tolbert will go away this year. (Right  :unsure:)

I do like Dimarco.

Like to see them draft a project with a high ceiling they can teach. Once they get the O line straightened out.

But Shady is good by me.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Thought the quip was hilarious. Shady has a fun sense of humor.

No issue with his contract. I did for 2 years. No longer. dude is the fitzshizzle.

I ant Bills to get to back behind him this year.

Cadet can be one. But I would like to see a grinder for 4th and 2 at the Goal.

Tolbert will go away this year. (Right  :unsure:)

I do like Dimarco.

Like to see them draft a project with a high ceiling they can teach. Once they get the O line straightened out.

But Shady is good by me.

...not sure we know enough yet about Jones, Cadet & Murphy due to injuries....what's your perspective on that three headed monster bud?..............

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This would be the one cap casualty I would not be thrilled with... if it would even save anything 

Wouldn't make any sense to jettison the focal point of the offense.  I doubt it's anything we should be concerned about. 

On January 18, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Koko78 said:

You're right, they should cut an elite running back. Because players who account for 30+% of an offense are just a dime-a-dozen.

Whoever they replaced him with would still account for 30% + of our offense! 

At least if Tyrod is still around!

That stat is not so much Shady is amazing as it is Tyrod sucks.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure we know enough yet about Jones, Cadet & Murphy due to injuries....what's your perspective on that three headed monster bud?..............

I surely do not know enough to have an opine .> we have seen Cadet run.

What is yours ?

I would like Bills to find a beast for the changeup.

perhaps Cadet could be the finesse runner behind Shady :  )

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wouldn't make any sense to jettison the focal point of the offense.  I doubt it's anything we should be concerned about. 

So Bills  lowballed him on the first pitch for a renegotiation. part of the game.

any one else think his next contract might be adjusted to reflect his age?

On 1/18/2018 at 7:41 AM, Shotgunner said:

Didn't say cut him, but objectively he is not worth nearly 9 million.

He's worth every penny.  He is the majority of the offense in the run and pass game.  And in terms of negative yardage focus on the offensive line.  When Shady had any room at all he generally picked up the yards.  And many times made something of nothing.  But it's hard to run when defenders are in the backfield a tick after the handoff.    

To to my eye he still looks quick, fast and elusive.  There's no reason to mention his money.  Other players?  Yes.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:39 AM, Koko78 said:

You're right, they should cut an elite running back. Because players who account for 30+% of an offense are just a dime-a-dozen.

It's actually more than 33% of our offense. Which puts him right in the same market is Todd Gurley, Le'Veon Bell and more than Kareem Hunt. With a better OC and line coach as well as quarterback, I can see his numbers spiking next year. Stay the course!

13 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I surely do not know enough to have an opine .> we have seen Cadet run.

What is yours ?

I would like Bills to find a beast for the changeup.

perhaps Cadet could be the finesse runner behind Shady :  )

So Bills  lowballed him on the first pitch for a renegotiation. part of the game.

any one else think his next contract might be adjusted to reflect his age?

???

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

It's actually more than 33% of our offense. Which puts him right in the same market is Todd Gurley, Le'Veon Bell and more than Kareem Hunt. With a better OC and line coach as well as quarterback, I can see his numbers spiking next year. Stay the course!

With all due respect........ "he accounted for x% of our offense" is about as useless of a stat as you can get.

It's kind of assumed when you give a guy 350 touches he's going to account for a lot of your yardage.:lol:

What's important is what is done with those touches to make the offense more productive.

Yards per carry and yards per touch are better stats.

They don't tell all.........the Bills spent a lot of time intentionally sitting on the tiny leads........but it says a whole lot more about the quality of the performance than the % of total yardage.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

???

is his twitting not a response?

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

With all due respect........ "he accounted for x% of our offense" is about as useless of a stat as you can get.

It's kind of assumed when you give a guy 350 touches he's going to account for a lot of your yardage.:lol:

What's important is what is done with those touches to make the offense more productive.

They don't tell all.........the Bills spent a lot of time intentionally sitting on the tiny leads........but it says a whole lot more about the quality of the performance than the % of total yardage.

and your conclusion about Shady's season? All considered. I will factor in you bias of course :P

41 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and your conclusion about Shady's season? All considered. I will factor in you bias of course :P

I thought he had a very good season when graded on the curve that was Dennison's offense and the worst WR situation in the NFL.

He and Tyrod both got professionally boned by McD this season..........they took a beating in the name of implementing "the process".

McCoy probably took more hard hits this year than in the previous 5 years of his career..........but he did get that extra cash in exchange for being a good tackling dummy.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I thought he had a very good season when graded on the curve that was Dennison's offense and the worst WR situation in the NFL.

He and Tyrod both got professionally boned by McD this season..........they took a beating in the name of implementing "the process".

McCoy probably took more hard hits this year than in the previous 5 years of his career..........but he did get that extra cash in exchange for being a good tackling dummy.

Twas a rough season to watch for me. I do love the running game. Expected Tolbert to wear them down. Not catching out of the backfield and silliness like that
Blocking was amazing and horrific in the same game.

Play calling is whatever it is. Execution is much more valuable.

no receiving.
Wishing Bills created a better environment for QB ( whomever it will be ) for pass pro and passing game in general (WRs) , and much better in the run game ( O Line ).

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ahh, the little cloud that cried returns.....I kid.

Lots of teams, read Rams, Steelers and KC are happy with that useless stat and thank god we had Shady in my  book. If not your book, fine.