TE Mike Gesicki

WR Deasean Hamilton

S Marcus Allen

I didn’t know Hamilton was leaving :)

edit: just saw he’s at E-W shrine game. Not sure why I thought he was a jr

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 1/16/2018 at 6:57 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Ohio State

Draft: Billy Price (c/og): RD 2 if he is there. He will start on the interior of an OL for a decade. He could take that RG spot yesterday and can move to C when Wood moves along or LG when Richie does. I don’t think that he will make it to your spot in round 2 but that’s an easy one for me.

Don’t Draft: Tyquan Lewis (DE): He took a bit of a step back this year and that is probably a result of the talent of the other guys on the DL. He’s an okay player but I’m not sure that he adds to that pass rush as much as other prospects in that range may. I am not sure how much is him and how much is from playing opposite Hubbard/Bosa.

Poor Sean is probably drooling and knows he can’t draft an interior OL in the 1st

18 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Would love to take Billy Price in the 1st. Plug and play at RG and could be a 10 year pro bowl caliber fixture at center. 

Is it cheating to say JT Barrett?  Even as a 7th thats lighting a pick on fire. 

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, thats cheating.  0:)

So in other words, JT Barrett is going to be a Patriot*.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Would love to take Billy Price in the 1st. Plug and play at RG and could be a 10 year pro bowl caliber fixture at center. 

Is it cheating to say JT Barrett?  Even as a 7th thats lighting a pick on fire. 

Hot take: sign JT as a UDFA and make him a safety 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Scorching hot take! I don’t see JT going the Eric Crouch route and I don’t see JT in the NFL.  Maybe he can go to Canada but I don’t think that I will see him take another snap.

I have a bet with a buddy on whether JT will ever take an nfl snap - preseason or other. I have 250 on no. I did say he would get one of those rookie camp invites. 

Still, safety. Think about it ?

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a bet with a buddy on whether JT will ever take an nfl snap - preseason or other. I have 250 on no. I did say he would get one of those rookie camp invites. 

Still, safety. Think about it ?

I actually think that it makes sense. I just don’t see JT going for it. 

I would have been on the “no” side of your bet 5 days ago. It sounds like he has had a decent week at the Shrine game. If he plays well tomorrow I could see him in a camp. If he gets to camp I think he will see preseason snaps. He can’t possibly make a team but he could see 2 series for the Cardinals in the 1st preseason game vs. the Bucs. 

On 1/17/2018 at 1:03 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Does Syracuse have any draftable  players? I'd take a flyer QB Dungey.

You'd have to wait until the 2019 draft for Dungey. He was only a junior and is coming back for his final season.

Regarding other Syracuse players, the only guy who has a decent chance to be drafted is Steve Ishmael, WR. He's got decent physicality and can win 50-50 balls. He'll probably be a late round guy.

• Like (+1) 1

As an ND fan, obviously Nelson and McGlinchey are worth drafting and drafting high.

I am really not sold on Adams though. His stats are inflated by several 80 yard runs against teams that our O-line could dominate. I know he was a little banged up, but he really struggled against Miami, LSU, Stanford (better teams).

He does not have great speed or lateral quickness. To me, Dexter Williams is better (9.2 ypc BTW), but Kelly refused to give him carries.

Edited by FLXbillsmafia

13 hours ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

As an ND fan, obviously Nelson and McGlinchey are worth drafting and drafting high.

I am really not sold on Adams though. His stats are inflated by several 80 yard runs against teams that our O-line could dominate. I know he was a little banged up, but he really struggled against Miami, LSU, Stanford (better teams).

He does not have great speed or lateral quickness. To me, Dexter Williams is better (9.2 ypc BTW), but Kelly refused to give him carries.

I Bet you're just waiting for Kelly to get canned.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I Bet you're just waiting for Kelly to get canned.

I have heard Kelly is trying to leave ND. Wants to go to nfl. He apparently interviewed for the Bears OC job that went to helfrich. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with the Titans. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

WVU.

Draft- Kyzir White, Safety. Probably the best of all the White brothers based on their respective WVU careers. Hard hitter who reminds me of Karl Joseph but not as polished. Pretty good in coverage.

Don't draft- Justin Crawford, Running Back. Nothing against Crawford, because he was great at WVU, but I can think of roughly 15-20 other RBs I'd draft ahead of him. And although he rushed for 1,000 yards both years he started after JUCO, he battled nagging injuries those two seasons (which is why he avoided playing in WVU's bowl game).

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

What round do you think would be reasonable to get him? 

Somewhere around Round 4, but I want to see what he does with the 225 at the combines. Imo, the bench numbers tend to be meaningful for offensive linemen (although it didn't help Mike Williams ;) )

Edited by Bill from NYC

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

What round do you think would be reasonable to get him? 

If you watch the Senior Bowl, you might want to take a look at Da'Shaun Hand. He played DE at Bama but he interests me as a 4-3 DT. He's 6'4'/290 and fast. He was a 5 star recruit but didn't see all that much playing time. But, he is as strong as an ox and very fast. He might last until Round 3 or 4. It's hard to say.

34 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If you watch the Senior Bowl, you might want to take a look at Da'Shaun Hand. He played DE at Bama but he interests me as a 4-3 DT. He's 6'4'/290 and fast. He was a 5 star recruit but didn't see all that much playing time. But, he is as strong as an ox and very fast. He might last until Round 3 or 4. It's hard to say.

I'm swooning over Stanford's Harrison Phillips. I can handle only one infatuation at a position at a time. :wub:

The addition of Dabol to the coaching staff should give the organization some good insights into some of the hidden gems at Bama. 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Somewhere around Round 4, but I want to see what he does with the 225 at the combines. Imo, the bench numbers tend to be meaningful for offensive linemen (although it didn't help Mike Williams ;) )

Bill, I'm not enamored with the bench numbers. More interested on the feet and use of leverage. Strength can be added through training. You either have the feet nimbleness or not. If you are sluggish and lumbering you are not going to make it as an offensive lineman in the NFL.

LSU

Do Draft

Derrius Guice - He’s a different type of back, but he’s every bit as good as Fournette. He doesn’t have the size and break away speed that Fournette does, but he runs angry and will not hesitate to run a defender over. Also a legit receiver out of the backfield.

DJ Chark - legit deep threat that the Bills could utilize.

Russell Gage - An excellent playmaker that will be someone’s 3rd or 4th receiver for years.

Will Clapp - Will be a solid guard in the league

Don’t Draft

Arden Key - Questional work ethic. Undersized. When LSU tried to add size to his frame, he wasn’t the same player by far. His best chance is to be an edge rusher from the OLB position.

Donte Jackson - Fastest man in college football, but gets beat often. Doesn’t have much to work with besides world class speed.

Other names who I believe will be on someone’s depth chart for years.

DL - Christian LaCouture

DL - Greg Gilmore

DB - Kevin Toliver

Edited by CajunBillsBacker

2 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

LSU

Do Draft

Derrius Guice - He’s a different type of back, but he’s every bit as good as Fournette. He doesn’t have the size and break away speed that Fournette does, but he runs angry and will not hesitate to run a defender over. Also a legit receiver out of the backfield.

DJ Chark - legit deep threat that the Bills could utilize.

Russell Gage - An excellent playmaker that will be someone’s 3rd or 4th receiver for years.

Will Clapp - Will be a solid guard in the league

Don’t Draft

Arden Key - Questional work ethic. Undersized. When LSU tried to add size to his frame, he wasn’t the same player by far. His best chance is to be an edge rusher from the OLB position.

Donte Jackson - Fastest man in college football, but gets beat often. Doesn’t have much to work with besides world class speed.

Other names who I believe will be on someone’s depth chart for years.

DL - Christian LaCouture

DL - Greg Gilmore

DB - Kevin Toliver

Love your first two! Agree with fit for Bills. Not sure we will have a chance at Guice but he’s sick (like his Twitter handle).

ive heard similar rumblings about Arden Key. 

Met my wife 21 yrs ago at U of Oregon where she ran track and we still live in Eugene part of the year. It has been a couple of down years for the football team but I think Royce Freeman and Tyrell Crosby will both have good NFL careers. Freeman would be a great complement to Shady imo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.