Marcell Is Talking Tough: Says He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

BuffaloRush

19 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not even from buffalo, but this shows what a !@#$ face you are.  i guarantee you many people on this board have a far better life than you could ever hope for.

I have an even smaller pettier life because I am in Rochester. :(

And Im fat.

I'm fat with a small petty life and I probably shouldn't even be allowed to say anything here. :(

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

What Dareus is, is a good not great DT and a 1-year suspension waiting to happen.

He was a great DT at one point.  At one point people who know their football sh** called him "the best DT in football, period".  But faced with the challenge of a new coach and a new system, he backed away from that.

In Jax, Dareus isn't even the highest paid DL.  Playing next to top-level talent like Campbell and Jackson, I think he'll be motivated to elevate his play, or at least keep his nose clean and be part of the fun. 

The problem for the Bills was, in Buffalo where he was the highest-physical-potential and highest-paid DL, they needed him to be the motivator and the leader.  Instead he chose to be part-time.   It's hard to change team culture to "all in" if your highest paid guy is a slacker.

The problem for Dareus is, slacking gets to be a habit just like anything else you do for a couple years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

And Im fat.

I'm fat with a small petty life and I probably shouldn't even be allowed to say anything here. :(

no one who writes as wonderfully as you has a small, petty, fat life.  i'm not buying it.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

And Im fat.

We rate folks here based on their BMI (Bills Mastery Index) and not their BMI (Body Mass Index)

You get four stars.

2 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Just keep this in mind when you all think you know how a player feels about the team he plays for and the fanbase.  Majority of it is a facade. They are as loving as loyal as their paycheck and where they play. Once they leave, bam, true feelings revealed.

For most professional athletes, that's pretty much how they have to be.  Give me a hat and a home, I love you.  Take it back, I move on.  Fact of life.

You could truthfully say something similar to players about fans.   "Just keep in mind when you all think you know how a fan feels about you and your mates and the team you play for, the majority of it is a facade.  They are as loving and loyal as your record and how you play.  Lose or slip, Bam, true feelings revealed."

21 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Who said I didn't move away? Who said I didn't come back? Cause you know me?

You did a dime store analysis on Dareus (you "know" him?), why can't others do the same.  You've certainly given us plenty to work with...

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You did a dime store analysis on Dareus (you "know" him?), why can't others do the same.  You've certainly given us plenty to work with...

I didn't give you anything. I gave you MB chat. You don't actually think I'd give you anything true about me on a MB do you?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

So you admit to lying?

Of course. It's a MB. This was just me trying to out the masquerading !@#$s who judge everyone else. I knew I'd find a couple of "bad people" here too. Because Marcell is the worst man born to most here, but he'd never say my fictional mom hates me while she's suffering with fictional dementia. This is what you girls do. You get in your cabals and damn every player who doesn't kiss your ass. Marcell doesn't owe any of us anything. He's a kid making millions who does what his generation does, smokes weed. When he was making plays no one cared. When they hired Rex, Marcell like nearly every defensive player sucked, but because he smoked weed and didn't pass the Bills fan blood oath loyalty pledge he must be circumcised.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Of course. It's a MB. This was just me trying to out the masquerading !@#$s who judge everyone else. I knew I'd find a couple of "bad people" here too. Because Marcell is the worst man born to most here, but he'd never say my fictional mom hates me while she's suffering with fictional dementia. This is what you girls do. You get in your cabals and damn every player who doesn't kiss your ass. Marcell doesn't owe any of us anything. He's a kid making millions who does what his generation does, smokes weed. When he was making plays no one cared. When they hired Rex, Marcell like nearly every defensive player sucked, but because he smoked weed and didn't pass the Bills fan blood oath loyalty pledge he must be circumcised.

Well, aren't you the tough guy.  Girls?  Really?  Time for you to grow up a bit, I'd say. 

People are commenting on this because Dareus criticized the team for not playing him.  He refuses to acknowledge that his behavior may have caused that.  And as I've said sadly, because he's wasting his God given talent.  And I hate to see that.

Now, would you like to actually have a discussion, or do you want to continue to lie and throw cheap insults around?

22 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Great comments from Marcel "Mr. Big Stuff" Dareus following a Jacksonville win where his defense gave up nearly 50 points.   He sure sounds like a jilted lover that was dumped.  Here's the best comment:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/15/marcell-dareus-says-bills-organization-treated-him-like-a-nobody/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1516027750

Then Dareus talked about his own journey. Dareus said he loved the city of Buffalo, but then offered a sarcastic thank you to Bills coach Sean McDermott for helping him make changes in his life before the trade. (Last week, he said joining the Jaguars helped turn his life around.)

I'm sorry to all you Bills revisionist historians out there, but Marcell is not the same player he was 4 years ago.  Marcell is Yes he is a competent starter that is capable of being productive.  And yes trading Marcel did hurt the Bills defense and the return they got for him was pathetic.  The problem is that Marcell couldn't be trusted not to smoke weed or to do something stupid.  He was one strike away from a season long suspension.  Worse, his contract was so bloated and did not justify his production or his importance to the defense.   Also don't think for a second that his contract won't have repercussions on Jacksonville.  Next year, they probably won't have the cap space to sign any of the big free agent QB's.

Sorry but to anyone that feels that Marcel is that all pro or one of the best players in the league is sadly mistaken.  He looked pretty good yesterday but I wouldn't call his performance dominant.  Also, he's playing on a line with two All-Pro defensive lineman and several other good pass rushers.  Watch the game film from earlier this year - or watch the games against Miami last year.  Marcell is living off his past laurels and I will stand by the fact that dumping his contract was a good move by the Bills.

Jerry Sullivan put things into perspective:

He could say he loved the city of Buffalo.  I have pretty good sources that tell me he actually couldn't stand the city of Buffalo.   I have been told he got out of town every chance he got.  Could not stand living here.  They tell me the same thing about Shaq Lawson. 

Just now, Gordio said:

He could say he loved the city of Buffalo.  I have pretty good sources that tell me he actually couldn't stand the city of Buffalo.   I have been told he got out of town every chance he got.  Could not stand living here.  They tell me the same thing about Shaq Lawson. 

So if someone gave you twenty million at 23 yrs of age you wouldn't leave Buffalo for an island vacation? Get real.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well, aren't you the tough guy.  Girls?  Really?  Time for you to grow up a bit, I'd say. 

People are commenting on this because Dareus criticized the team for not playing him.  He refuses to acknowledge that his behavior may have caused that.  And as I've said sadly, because he's wasting his God given talent.  And I hate to see that.

Now, would you like to actually have a discussion, or do you want to continue to lie and throw cheap insults around?

I like the insults because that's what any player who leaves gets.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

So if someone gave you twenty million at 23 yrs of age you wouldn't leave Buffalo for an island vacation? Get real.

What the hell are you talking about?  I am just telling you I have a good source that told me that part of the problem with dareus when he was in Buffalo is he never wanted to be here in the first place.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

35 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Just keep this in mind when you all think you know how a player feels about the team he plays for and the fanbase.  Majority of it is a facade. They are as loving as loyal as their paycheck and where they play. Once they leave, bam, true feelings revealed.

Well, everyone except Dareus...

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

What the hell are you talking about?  I am just telling you I have a good source that told me that part of the problem with dareus when he was in Buffalo is he never wanted to be here in the first place.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

I've been on here for a few months now and that is what I would say is his weakest suit.

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

He wanted to be where the money is. He'd leave "every chance he got" sure he would. He's young and rich. He want to see the world, what's wrong with that? I forgot, every player must love Buffalo, buy a house and never leave. Play football. Go home. Love Buffalo more than life.

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He wanted to be where the money is. He'd leave "every chance he got" sure he would. He's young and rich. He want to see the world, what's wrong with that? I forgot, every player must love Buffalo, buy a house and never leave. Play football. Go home. Love Buffalo more than life.

I can't tell if you're deliberately just trolling or if you are really so obtuse.  It is simple.  When you sign a big contract you are expected to fulfill the obligations associated with the contract.  Like showing up in time.  Or putting forth effort every practice and every game.

He's only a rich young kid because the Bills signed him to a big deal.  If he didn't want to play here he could have elected to not sign and become a free agent.  But he didn't.  Then did not put forth the effort, and got traded.  He was treated fine here, in a manner commensurate with his effort.