Zay Jones played injured all season...

Domdab99

1 minute ago, Badthingsman said:

Hands of Stone Jones will be released in training camp.  He's just no good.  Let's stop making excuses for the dozens of drops he had this year and his complete lack of getting open the rest of the time. 

Dude you're insane if you think they'll cut a 2nd year guy who they drafted. How long did it take Stevie Johnson to see the field? Or how about Goodwin who had a great season with the 9ers this year? 

No way they cut him 

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Dude you're insane if you think they'll cut a 2nd year guy who they drafted. How long did it take Stevie Johnson to see the field? Or how about Goodwin who had a great season with the 9ers this year? 

No way they cut him 

I know it sounds crazy but you saw Darby, Watkins, and Dareus get launched.   Guy had an awful year.  What did you see that made you want to keep him?  He didn't do anything.  Free agents outplayed him 5X.

Edited by Badthingsman

The stats below are from the first 2 years of another WR in the league, also drafted in the 2nd round. And he was playing with a future HOF QB. Guess who?

2014 Catch % 57.6

2014 22
2015 23
2016 24
2017 25

2015 catch % 53.2

Games Receiving Rushing        
Year
Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2014 22   WR   16 11 66 38 446 11.7 3 45 2.4 27.9 57.6%               446 3 0 5
2015 23   WR   13 12 94 50 483 9.7 1 40 3.8 37.2 53.2%

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The stats below are from the first 2 years of another WR in the league, also drafted in the 2nd round. And he was playing with a future HOF QB. Guess who?

2014 Catch % 57.6

2014 22
2015 23
2016 24
2017 25

2015 catch % 53.2

Games Receiving Rushing        
Year
Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2014 22   WR   16 11 66 38 446 11.7 3 45 2.4 27.9 57.6%               446 3 0 5
2015 23   WR   13 12 94 50 483 9.7 1 40 3.8 37.2 53.2%

Davante.

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

Davante.

Adams was also referred to as stone hands and he had no excuses with his QB. Fan base ragged on him for two years. Lo and behold, He just signed a huge extension and has developed into their #1 WR.

You don’t give up on WR in their rookie seasons who have a history of producing in college, haven’t had a decent passer throwing the ball, and played with a torn labrum. To even suggest it is crazy imo. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Adams was also referred to as stone hands and he had no excuses with his QB. Fan base ragged on him for two years. Lo and behold, He just signed a huge extension and has developed into their #1 WR.

You don’t give up on WR in their rookie seasons who have a history of producing in college, haven’t had a decent passer throwing the ball, and played with a torn labrum. To even suggest it is crazy imo. 

I was in that large group of people that gave up on Davante. Justifiably so, I'd like to believe. He was pretty useless early on.

I've given Zay as much crap as anyone over the past 4 months. His hands were the one trait I liked in college and the injury makes some sense as to why they deserted him this year. They have a high 2nd invested in him (plus traded away assets) so that'll buy him the time to prove this season to be an anomaly. As one of the "haters", I'll relent for now and give the kid a chance at redemption. He's a nice lad, I'll root for him.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

3/4 of Big Ben's TD passes on Sunday were uncatchable.

Yeah, Dropzone Jones probably flat-out dropped 10-12 of the 45 wide open,  well placed passes........and that is just an awful %.

But the bigger issue still was not making plays.

He's a guy that is built to catch contested passes.........big, long arms, huge catch radius with big hands that were like glue in college.

Yet everything that was thrown to him in contested situations he could not make a play on.

Tyrod put a bunch of perfectly thrown balls on Jones hands and he just couldn't make a single contested grab.   They needed him to be able to make plays on those nine routes and he just could not.

It was uncanny.   He at no point looked like an NFL WR this year.    If he had just been some 6th round pick he'd have been cut for sure for all the drops and bobbles.

Big Ben was fantastic on Sunday and if i recall every TD pass was perfect. If Tyrod played 1/10th as good a week ago, the Bills win going away against the Jags. You should never make any comparison between Ben and Tyrod. Ever.

Also, I would like you to post one "perfect" pass Tyrod threw to Jones all year. I watched every single play this year probably twice and I can't remember one "perfect" pass to Zay Jones. I'm not saying the kid was good this year, but ffs he's a rookie. You are way over the top critical IMO.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

9 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Big Ben was fantastic on Sunday and if i recall every TD pass was perfect. If Tyrod played 1/10th as good a week ago, the Bills win going away against the Jags. You should never make any comparison between Ben and Tyrod. Ever.

Also, I would like you to post one "perfect" pass Tyrod threw to Jones all year. I watched every single play this year probably twice and I can't remember one "perfect" pass to Zay Jones. I'm not saying the kid was good this year, but ffs he's a rookie. You are way over the top critical IMO.

In the end:

Big Ben lost by one score at home with the best set of playmakers in the NFL(and did they ever make plays/catches that virtually nobody else could have, wow).

Tyrod also lost by one score.....but on the road.....with maybe the worst receiving corps in the NFL(and boy did they drop passes that hit them on the hands,  KB in end zone, Deonte before end of half, O'Leary).

As a comparison.......the Bills were like an old Parcells Giants team and the Steelers played like an old Walsh/Siefert Niners team on an off year..........the Niners played to beat you and they viewed themselves as their biggest competition.........the Giants played to the scoreboard.

Nobody would argue that Hostetler belongs in the same category as Montana or Jim Kelly but he did beat them and win a SB playing their conservative style of football.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In the end:

Big Ben lost by one score at home with the best set of playmakers in the NFL(and did they ever make plays/catches that virtually nobody else could have, wow).

Tyrod also lost by one score.....but on the road.....with maybe the worst receiving corps in the NFL(and boy did they drop passes that hit them on the hands,  KB in end zone, Deonte before end of half, O'Leary).

As a comparison.......the Bills were like an old Parcells Giants team and the Steelers played like an old Walsh/Siefert Niners team on an off year..........the Niners played to beat you and they viewed themselves as their biggest competition.........the Giants played to the scoreboard.

Nobody would argue that Hostetler belongs in the same category as Montana or Jim Kelly but he did beat them and win a SB playing their conservative style of football.

Very good point and I don't deny that the Bills receiving corp could make Tyrod look like a much better QB stat wise by making a few standard catches as well as one or two great catches. But as an overall picture of the offense IMO our quarterback had enough talent on the field to score 14-24 points. Did Zay help Tyrod? No. But Tyrod didn't help him either and I put that more on Tyrod.  I'm excited to see this WR group with a true deep threat, a new OC and a new QB.

People can and should complain about Zay's in-ability to get separation. Unless you are going to complain about Clay's drops, you shouldn't be complaining about Zay's. Both had 74 targets Clay had 5 drops Zay had 2. This is according to https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team-stats?season=2017&week=100&category=RECEIVING&opp=0&sort=2&qualified=0&sortOrder=0

Not sure how they determine drops, but it seemed like Clay dropped at least 1 pass every game.

Now Zay's completion/ target % that is not good. Which I would think would be a function of how open you are when the pass is thrown.

12 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

Oh. My.  God.

Please haters STFU and go try to catch a football above your chest with a torn labrum.  

End thread.

Thank you 'squid.

The man had a rough rookie season.

He will be here next year.

IF he has another rough season.

Then a decision will need to be made.

Until then, end thread.

Sheesh

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Umm I have stayed in Canada. That is where I post from.

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread

Your contributing has been crap, as others have said if you don’t understand how his injury affected his ability to catch the ball, you have the brains of a slab of Back bacon. Next year will be a better indicator of his ability’s and if you can’t figure that out I guess you will keep trolling your poor opinions. What value is that to the board?