Joe Marino of Fanrag Sports Talks Bills' QB Situation on WGR

29 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Same. I used to be pretty anti drafting him, but I've warmed up to the idea. 

I want a QB that acts like him. Can you imagine a Bills QB dropping dimes on the Pats and then telling them to suck his balls? Cause I’m about that. I’m really about that. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I want a QB that acts like him. Can you imagine a Bills QB dropping dimes on the Pats and then telling them to suck his balls? Cause I’m about that. I’m really about that. 

Thats a good sport right there! lol 

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I would prefer Darnold but it's going to be too expensive. I like Baker but am worried he could have Manziel traits? Anyone here who knows more about Mayfield feel free to put my mind at ease.

They will put him through the processor and if he comes out OK Bills have a QB.

Can we stop worrying about Bakers height?  There is no conspiracy theory on his height.  Those things dont happen in the modern data era.  He is 6'-1" and that is 2 inches taller than Wilson, an inch taller than Brees, and only 1 inch shorter than Rogers...3 of the top 4 QB's in the NFL right now.  He can succeed at 6'-1" in the NFL. 

PS:  Wilson, Rogers, and Brees are listed in the NFL at the same height they were listed at during their college playing days and the combine after measurements.  These conspiracy things about how its fudged are a work of fiction today.  

I don't like any of the QB's after Rosen/Darnold, imo they aren't typical 1st round picks. Mayfield is a giant wild card, he wasn't even in 1st round consideration until this season and it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be, that's how Cam Newton was brought into the draft scene but at least Cam was 6'5", 240 + lbs. and chiseled. Now you have a 5'11"-6'0" Baker Mayfield that has some character flaws right off the bat, I'm not sure that is something I'm trading up for. Some scouts I've read in all different articles has him as a 3rd or 4th rounder, it's going to be tough to see what we'll do. I like Lamar Jackson, I think he can be a difference maker but if we can't work with a guy like Tyrod then finding an OC suitable for Jackson might be tough also.

I read an article on mayfield in SI. I really didn't have much interest at the time and sort of skimmed the article. The only thing that caught my eye was his height, they alluded to it being from 5' 9" to 6' and i don't think they ever positively said what it was , only that there was a notion that it was 5' 11". I did not think that the Bills would be interested in him so i dismissed it from my thoughts.