Cordy Glenn for Andy Dalton

uticaclub

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really?  Well first off, being better does not indicate how MUCH better.  

1. Dalton averages just a measly 5 more combined yards than TT per game.
  2. Dalton averages only .3 more TD's per game
  3. Dalton averages a full turnover more per game than TT.
  4. Dalton also has the benefit of playing 7 seasons as a starter and throwing to AJ Green his whole career along with other good weapons at WR.
  5. Dalton also has had staff stability, while TT had 4 OC's in last 4 seasons with 3 different Head Coaches going back to Baltimore.
  6. Dalton ONLY averages 30 yards more per game passing...BUT Dalton averages 5 more attempts per game than TT.  Considering TT averages 7 yards per ATTEMPT, then TT would actually average 5 more passing yards than Dalton and about 35 MORE total yards than Dalton. 
  7. Dalton has only broken 4000 yards 3 times in his career despite being healthy most his entire career, being in a pass oriented offense with talented weapons around him including one of the 5 best WR's in the NFL his entire career.

So again, I dont know how anyone can say a guy who essentially averages around the same production is "no doubt" better while also turning the ball over a lot more.  Not to mention Dalton has been paid and costs a lot more too.

So YES, I have checked the stats.  Despite the advantages Dalton has had, he has done much more with it.  So NO on Dalton, go DRAFT our QB and trade Glenn for Picks to keep filling holes around this team behind a new prospect to develop for the future.

That was unfair to Tyrod,this I only took their stays from the last 3 seasons. Dalton also averages near a yard more pass completion,and somehow Tyrod took more snaps per game than Dalton.

I will give Tyrod this,according to next gen stats,Bills WR's got the least amount of separation of every team in the league.

Edited by mob16151

5 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey man I just hate the dark picture of fans not supporting it is a tactic I hear all to often when the Tyrod pushers talk about a young QB here. Sorry about the snarky remark at you.

honestly i dont see anyone on this thread pushing tyrod at all....in fact most people are not clammoring for him to come back next season??  it actually seems your the one who cant stop bringing him up?  JMO as i see it......

As far as Glenn's value is concerned, IF he is healthy (and he will be medically evaluated for sure) and with the universal NEED in the NFL for quality LT's Glenn should have a fairly decent value in terms of draft picks offered for him. His salary is not really excessive - not that he comes cheap mind you. He is young at 28. It all comes down to his medical condition. You can make a case either way for keeping him or trading him. When he has been healthy he has generally played well. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really?  Well first off, being better does not indicate how MUCH better.  

1. Dalton averages just a measly 5 more combined yards than TT per game.
  2. Dalton averages only .3 more TD's per game
  3. Dalton averages a full turnover more per game than TT.
  4. Dalton also has the benefit of playing 7 seasons as a starter and throwing to AJ Green his whole career along with other good weapons at WR.
  5. Dalton also has had staff stability, while TT had 4 OC's in last 4 seasons with 3 different Head Coaches going back to Baltimore.
  6. Dalton ONLY averages 30 yards more per game passing...BUT Dalton averages 5 more attempts per game than TT.  Considering TT averages 7 yards per ATTEMPT, then TT would actually average 5 more passing yards than Dalton and about 35 MORE total yards than Dalton. 
  7. Dalton has only broken 4000 yards 3 times in his career despite being healthy most his entire career, being in a pass oriented offense with talented weapons around him including one of the 5 best WR's in the NFL his entire career.

So again, I dont know how anyone can say a guy who essentially averages around the same production is "no doubt" better while also turning the ball over a lot more.  Not to mention Dalton has been paid and costs a lot more too.

So YES, I have checked the stats.  Despite the advantages Dalton has had, he has done much more with it.  So NO on Dalton, go DRAFT our QB and trade Glenn for Picks to keep filling holes around this team behind a new prospect to develop for the future.

Interesting. Here's a head-to-head based on total offense produced between 2015-2017: 

Dalton - 45 games

11201 total yds  (10776 pass/435 rush)

75 TDs (68 pass/7 rush)

27 INT (1.9%)

18 Fumbles
248.9 yds/gm

1.6 TDs/gm

.6 INT/gm

.4 FMB/gm

100 sacks, -637 yards

Net yards/pass att - 6.56

Taylor - 44 games

10432 total yds  (8857 pass/1575 rush)

65 TDs (51 pass/14 rush)

16 INT (1.3%)

17 Fumbles 
237.0 yds/gm

1.4 TDs/gm

.3 INT/gm

.3 FM/gm

124 sacks, -660 yards

Net yards/pass att - 6.03

Dalton throws a TD on 4.7% of his pass attempts and Taylor is 4.1%

Dalton throws an INT on 1.9% of pass attempts and Taylor is 1.3%

No real purpose for this, just a look at the numbers. 

39 minutes ago, JPP said:

honestly i dont see anyone on this thread pushing tyrod at all....in fact most people are not clammoring for him to come back next season??  it actually seems your the one who cant stop bringing him up?  JMO as i see it......

I want him to come back to compete with another vet we sign or trade for and the rookie we draft.

Contrary to popular belief we can do worse than the best QB we've had in the last 17 years.   JMO as i see it....

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I want him to come back to compete with another vet we sign or trade for and the rookie we draft.

Contrary to popular belief we can do worse than the best QB we've had in the last 17 years.   JMO as i see it....

thats good,,,,,

I would keep him if the better option (s) are not available for sure...you dont just dump your QB without a better viable option or plan in place at least..there are alot ifs and buts here though......is this coaching regime gonna keep him for the price come league new year?  I think they already showed their hand with the benching this season....  Is taylor gonna restructure again?  I doubt it after what happend this season.....

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Interesting. Here's a head-to-head based on total offense produced between 2015-2017: 

Dalton - 45 games

11201 total yds  (10776 pass/435 rush)

75 TDs (68 pass/7 rush)

27 INT (1.9%)

18 Fumbles
248.9 yds/gm

1.6 TDs/gm

.6 INT/gm

.4 FMB/gm

100 sacks, -637 yards

Net yards/pass att - 6.56

Taylor - 44 games

10432 total yds  (8857 pass/1575 rush)

65 TDs (51 pass/14 rush)

16 INT (1.3%)

17 Fumbles 
237.0 yds/gm

1.4 TDs/gm

.3 INT/gm

.3 FM/gm

124 sacks, -660 yards

Net yards/pass att - 6.03

Dalton throws a TD on 4.7% of his pass attempts and Taylor is 4.1%

Dalton throws an INT on 1.9% of pass attempts and Taylor is 1.3%

See the numbers are not all that different.

Plus thats only a slice of Dalton, not the whole story as those are not even half his career you referenced.  Two, the numbers are Daltons prime of his 5th, 6th, and 7th years as a starter and yet are not that much higher than TT's first 3 years as a starter on a run first team.

Not to mention the fact that Dalton had a ton of advantages over TT such as talent to throw to, more pass oriented offense, scheme/coaching stability, and superb talent at WR compared to what TT had readily available (due to injuries, free agency losses, and trades).  Meanwhile, over that time TT has had 2 Head Coaches and 3 OC's and a revolving door of WR's due to injury and played with poor pass protection.  

So like I have stated before, Dalton isn't doing much more despite having an Elite WR and talented targets to throw too on a pass friendly team.  Pass on Dalton and DRAFT our next QB or go open the vault for Cousins.  In fact the only things things significantly higher with Dalton are his paycheck cost and turnovers.

That being said, thank you Mr. Dalton for the Playoffs, will always cheer for your success...just not here.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Not that it likely matters, but Dalton lost 9 of those fumbles, Tyrod lost 4.

Over the 3 years I had them at:

2015 - Dalton 6th, Tyrod 13th

2016 - Tyrod 14th, Dalton 15th

2017 - Tyrod 21st, Dalton 24th

7 minutes ago, JPP said:

thats good,,,,,

I would keep him if the better option (s) are not available for sure...you dont just dump your QB without a better viable option or plan in place at least..there are alot ifs and buts here though......is this coaching regime gonna keep him for the price come league new year?  I think they already showed their hand with the benching this season....  Is taylor gonna restructure again?  I doubt it after what happend this season.....

Perhaps. Perhaps they they changed their mind. 

We'll know within a few months ...

Edited by reddogblitz

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Perhaps. Perhaps they they changed their mind. 

We'll know within a few most most months ...

The next OC I think is going to factor heavily on that.  I would imagine who ever they bring in is going to be asked what he thinks about Taylor and what he feels he can do with him.  I think if TT somehow stays, its likely under a modified deal to be a veteran presence while they develop whatever rookie they inevitably draft early this year and that rookie would be given every chance to battle TT to win the starting gig for 2018.

Personally, I think they probably move on from TT though.  This is an unusually deep offseason for veteran QB's who are going to be available this year compared to most years, not to mention potentially Cousins too.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

16 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Orton, Bledsoe and Fitz were all better. They just never had complete teams or Shady McCoy. If Orton had any run game, the drought would have been over in 2014. If Fitz had any recievers or not the worst Defenses and Head Coach in Bills history, who knows. Bledsoe had probably the best shot but fell just short. Numbers and stats do not always tell the entire story. I’m forever in debt to Tyrod for ending this drought and he will always have a special place in every Bills fans heart..But I don’t agree with him being a better qb then all of those other guys. What Orton did with no running game, a very tough schedule, no offseason and jumping right in week 5, is very impress IMO. If he had 3 straight years as a starter, things would have been different.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Fidgeting with my Luck-y rabbits foot, rubbing a bald mans head for Luck and wishing for Andrew Luck

if ever he’s gonna be made available, it’s this off season where no one has seen him play effectively for 2 years and an entire new staff will be brought in in Indy.  

Instant championship contender.

If Josh McDaniels signs off on moving the Colts' franchise QB in his first year as HC you may as well stick a fork in Luck cause his shoulder is shot.

• Sad 1

On 1/12/2018 at 4:36 PM, DefenseWins said:

As far as Glenn's value is concerned, IF he is healthy (and he will be medically evaluated for sure) and with the universal NEED in the NFL for quality LT's Glenn should have a fairly decent value in terms of draft picks offered for him. His salary is not really excessive - not that he comes cheap mind you. He is young at 28. It all comes down to his medical condition. You can make a case either way for keeping him or trading him. When he has been healthy he has generally played well. 

quite well actually.

44 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

If Josh McDaniels signs off on moving the Colts' franchise QB in his first year as HC you may as well stick a fork in Luck cause his shoulder is shot.

safe bet