Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell & OL coach Tom Cable

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What do you think his options are?  Team wise....

Too many moving parts at this point. Arizona, Denver, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, LAC, Baltimore, and Washington are all in the cards.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
Answered, but forgot to quote. Oops.

20 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Too many moving parts at this point. Arizona, Denver, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, LAC, Baltimore, and Washington are all in the cards.

You think he could beat out Rivers or Big Ben?  I'm guessing retirement leaves those positions open?

You don't have to answer this if you can't but has there been behind the scenes talk already?

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Guy was given no offensive linemen, no RBs, and very meh recievers outside of Graham. Don't think it's fair to fire him. A guy in the personnel department deserves to go before he does.

The OL has been in tatters, but I happen to think Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson, and Tyler Lockett are pretty good as a trio. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The OL has been in tatters, but I happen to think Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson, and Tyler Lockett are pretty good as a trio. 

And what's interesting to me is Doug Baldwin was an Undrafted FA, Lockett has been pretty much their deep threat / ST return guy and he was a 2nd rounder, and Paul Richardson has largely gone unnoticed until his FA year, which was 2017, even though he was a 2nd round pick in 2014. Yet, Bevell made it all work....he would be a fantastic hire in Buffalo

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Taylor is going to be gone.  With the way he played last year, I'm not even sure he gets another starting job.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see. As of now, he's still on the team. that's all we know for sure now.

The TBD concensus one year ago today WAS thaT he'd be gone LAST YEAR. how did that work out?

I can't predict what Coach McDermott does.  He does a lot of things yall don't like like punting.

It is my opinion that We would do really well with Hotrod And Darell.

Go BILLS !!

Hope they ask the Steelers permission to interview Shaun Sarrett. 

He's been Munchak's right hand for the last few years and the Steelers line is solid in run and pass pro.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/losing-mike-munchak-not-doom-steelers/

Tough to argue for keeping Castillo.  Poor in run and pass blocking with a big drop off in both.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see. As of now, he's still on the team. that's all we know for sure now.

The TBD concensus one year ago today WAS thaT he'd be gone LAST YEAR. how did that work out?

I can't predict what Coach McDermott does.  He does a lot of things yall don't like like punting.

It is my opinion that We would do really well with Hotrod And Darell.

Go BILLS !!

Do you want to pick up Taylor’s option which I believe between $16-$18 million regardless of who our OC is?

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Seahawks led the league in rushing in 2014 and Wilson led the league in TD passes in 2017.

Bevell has done a fantastic job with street free agents for an offensive line.  He’d do wonders here.

What I can't understand is if he's such a good Coordinator why did he get shytcanned?

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you want to pick up Taylor’s option which I believe between $16-$18 million regardless of who our OC is?

I don't have to decide until March 10th.  A lot can happen between now and then. I suspect the OC thing will be straightened out by then.  At this very moment, probably.

If we dump Hotrod that costs us 8 mil vs cap.  See if you can take that other 8 mil and find someone better.  Remember, Glennon got 15 mil last year.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Will never escape shadow of Super Bowl INT. Overall, under-appreciated.

The problem here was not the call, but the execution. I saw an interview of Buttler where he said he knew it was gong to be a pass because when the Hawks came out of the huddle Russell looked at and signaled something to one of the WRs over there.  If it was a run, why would he do that?  Also go look at what the WR that was supposed to set a pick on that play did.  He missed letting Buttler get there.

Also, the Beast was something like 1 for 8 on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 that year.  Even Schopp knows this. I heard him say it the other day.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The problem here was not the call, but the execution. I saw an interview of Buttler where he said he knew it was gong to be a pass because when the Hawks came out of the huddle Russell looked at and signaled something to one of the WRs over there.  If it was a run, why would he do that?  Also go look at what the WR that was supposed to set a pick on that play did.  He missed letting Buttler get there.

Also, the Beast was something like 1 for 8 on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 that year.  Even Schopp knows this. I heard him say it the other day.

doesn’t matter- nobody will ever convince me that was the right call...it was 1st down with plenty of time left...You gotta run the ball...and even if you’re gonna throw, it HAS to be a corner fade where only the receiver can get it imo.