Benjamin is a #1 WR

18 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I agree. Once he's healthy he's a real threat. His problem early on in Carolina was playing as big as he looks on the field, had a bit of a reputation as soft...but I think that's in the past. He's a weapon.

There was some thing about him showing up to camp out of shape right? 

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the complete ineptness of the offense for 60 minutes cost us the game

Then no one should be bitching about that specific play and how TT blew it.  TT blew it in many ways. But he can’t catch as well. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah they can.  Why not just run it?  

From 1st and goal on the 1?!?  Who in their right mind would run it there? If we learned anything from Pete Carroll in the Super Bowl, you don’t run it with your star RB at the 1. You force it to a receiver. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

From 1st and goal on the 1?!?  Who in their right mind would run it there? If we learned anything from Pete Carroll in the Super Bowl, you don’t run it with your star RB at the 1. You force it to a receiver. 

I think we had the ball for like 8 minutes on that drive....got a break with the offsides and still couldn't get 6.

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah they can.  Why not just run it?  

Yesterday Donald Jones, who seem solid when it comes to technical analysis, expressed the following:

-Not TTs fault

- if you disagree with them not running, you disagree with the play called

- it was an RPO playcall and the right read when you have k benj one on one outside with no safety help is to throw

- and that why you go get Kbenj, for that exact situation 

Benjamin is more of a 1B or a 2 IMO

A large not speedy vet that can catch the ball in traffic and create space with his size.

I still want my 1A WR to have a combination of Size AND Speed and the ability ot run a very solid route tree. benjamin is not a speed guy or a terific route runner just a large body with good hands and great catch range

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yesterday Donald Jones, who seem solid when it comes to technical analysis, expressed the following:

-Not TTs fault

- it was an RPO playcall and the right read when you have k benj one on one outside with no safety help is to throw

I do like Jones and value his opinion.

I still think it should have been ran but that's just my opinion.

Did he mention anything about the throw itself?  Benjamin is 6"5 and the ball was not thrown as a jump ball where he could use his size to go up and get it.  

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

-Not TTs fault

the problem was that there was a wide open guy running a post route to the right side with no defender within 5 feet.  

Benjamin should be a TE.  He can't separate against elite cover corners and should be schemed to matchup on a linebacker or safety.

A WR corps should be like a basketball team.  Benjamin is the power forward.  The small forward / shooting guard is the #1 WR and a guy we need.  The PG is the slot WR, maybe Zay can take the spot, maybe not.  Our other WRs are role players.

7 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

He's a tight end who runs poor routes. Consistently out of shape and it's reflected by his JV football speed.

Sweet troll.  Nobody who actually knows what they're talking about agrees with this.  

You'd think a fat, slow, poor route running wide receiver with bad hands would garner a lot less interest in this league, but I guess everybody else is just dumber than this guy...

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Ya another Tyrod problem does not scan the field good or fast enough.

Poor at reading defenses.

his scouting report 

Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many ill-advised throws

does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Benjamin should be a TE.  He can't separate against elite cover corners and should be schemed to matchup on a linebacker or safety.

A WR corps should be like a basketball team.  Benjamin is the power forward.  The small forward / shooting guard is the #1 WR and a guy we need.  The PG is the slot WR, maybe Zay can take the spot, maybe not.  Our other WRs are role players.

Agree. marquise goodwin type player would be great right now. Had a career year.  Shows even more Tyrod is a bridge QB.