Uncle Sam's Niteclub

TSNBDSC

Nice pic.  Do you have any of the inside?  Spent many a summer Wed in 70-72 there.  At least when Wilmer was playing.

On Saturday nights they had a fair number of groups that were on their way to greater things.  Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes, Alice Cooper, Paul Butterfield and Chicago Transit Authority (C.T.A) just at the point they were changing their name to Chicago.

6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Nice pic.  Do you have any of the inside?  Spent many a summer Wed in 70-72 there.  At least when Wilmer was playing.

On Saturday nights they had a fair number of groups that were on their way to greater things.  Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes, Alice Cooper, Paul Butterfield and Chicago Transit Authority (C.T.A) just at the point they were changing their name to Chicago.

Click the arrow to the right of the picture.

Or double click photo then click back to album at top left

Edited by tsnbd

I actually was there when Ted (Mr. Mellow) Nugent and the Amboy Dukes played. IIRC, there was a snow storm heading in and the place had maybe 100 people for the show. I spent the entire night standing right  in front of TN watching and listening. It was quite the night. 

• Like (+1) 1

that place and stage one..saw some great bands at both places.

I don't remember U2 ar Uncle Sams, must not have gone. Weird

36 minutes ago, teef said:

how much coke do you think was inhaled in that place?

I would think not much, was way too expensive then. But I was in high school, so everything was expensive to me. I remember sneaking in beers to Uncle Sams for concerts

3 hours ago, Tony P said:

I actually was there when Ted (Mr. Mellow) Nugent and the Amboy Dukes played. IIRC, there was a snow storm heading in and the place had maybe 100 people for the show. I spent the entire night standing right  in front of TN watching and listening. It was quite the night. 

What year did you see them?  I don't remember a snowstorm and I thought I saw them during the summer.  I do remember someone in the crowd yelling "Journey to the Center of the MInd."   Ted yelled back " What do you think this is, AM radio."

Remember the last time I was there.

Took someone  and after me buying her a drink, she said she would go get us the next one.   She was gone for a while {place was busy, so no problem). After a while, I look around for her and find her making out with somebody. I waited  for her by the door until she finally came back and saw me. I then went out to the car  and grabbed her purse (she had just taken her ID and $ in) and threw it across the parking lot at her and said "Here's your  purse  b***h"" and drove away, leaving her there.  I had the sense to not drive away with it as she could have called the cops on me for stealing it. A few weeks later she walked into another bar I was at and she spotted me and immediately turned and left.

Edited by Wacka

15 hours ago, Greybeard said:

What year did you see them?  I don't remember a snowstorm and I thought I saw them during the summer.  I do remember someone in the crowd yelling "Journey to the Center of the MInd."   Ted yelled back " What do you think this is, AM radio."

Like I mentioned, I'm not sure I'm having a correct recollection of the day. There were a lot of...ummm....fuzzy nights back then. I could just as easily be confusing that show with another night we were there. I do remember that there were very few people attending that night which surprised me.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, teef said:

how much coke do you think was inhaled in that place?

On the second floor.? It was like a Miami Vice episode.

On 1/10/2018 at 2:52 PM, Tony P said:

Was that before 1982 or after '85? If I was living here then that would have been a no miss.