44 games with Tyrod at QB - % breakdown

i'm ready to move on from taylor and have been since last year before the draft... I think everyone basically is now.

with that being said. this thread is literally filled with the bottom of the bin when it comes to posters on this board. an all star cast of "I told you so" posters or just crappy posters in general. 

complete sludge in here.

20 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If that was the case (part of the process) then there is no doubt that it is time to move on from Tyrod as he and Dennison will never work well together.  Tyrod is not a pocket passer and misses a lot of open receivers; that has been proven.  If it was indeed part of the process, then we're extremely fortunate to have made the playoffs.

This is exactly how I feel about the entire situation.

Just now, fridge said:

We ran several spread formations on Sunday.  We rolled out Taylor PLENTY of times.  What you're suggesting -- that we somehow limited him by not changing the entire offense to literally pop warner level play calling -- isn't even true.  We DID alter the offense significantly for Taylor.  You still have to call plays where the QB throws from the pocket.

And stop referring to last year like it was any different.  Taylor's stats, indicated in this very thread, prove that over 44 games he's been incredibly ineffective. His biggest strength, not turning the ball over, is completely mitigated by his inability to score.

Tyrod had a terrible game on Sunday, no doubt.

We did not alter the offense significantly since Tyrod stayed in the pocket the vast majority of the time, like he has all season long.  Additionally, the blocking scheme was horrible this season where most of the time Tyrod left the pocket only to avoid getting sacked.  That is on Dennison and Castillo.

Last year we were what, 10th in scoring offense.  This year we're close to the bottom...29th? off the top of my head.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm ready to move on from taylor and have been since last year before the draft... I think everyone basically is now.

with that being said. this thread is literally filled with the bottom of the bin when it comes to posters on this board. an all star cast of "I told you so" posters or just crappy posters in general. 

complete sludge in here.

Now I'm curious. What do YOU think a football message board should look like? What topics are we allowed to discuss? I hope that by asking this I'm not acting like "complete sludge."

35 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

If it wasn't for Tyrod McCoy wouldn't be as productive as a back.

He should still be considered a rookie because he has only been a starter a few seasons.

But he was so good in 2015

Totally understand this is sarcasm. But I hate the bold. 

If Tyrod was a more effective passer, it would be better for McCoy and the running game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fridge said:

Now I'm curious. What do YOU think a football message board should look like? What topics are we allowed to discuss? I hope that by asking this I'm not acting like "complete sludge."

its not the topic. its the majority of the posters that flocked to said topic and the idiotic stuff they've spouted for weeks now about the qb involved.

some of which have been sooo very quiet after wins or our playoff birth only to pounce at the new opportunity to bash the qb and toss out the "I told you so"

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, there are a number of people who are not looking at the entire picture.  Everything is the QBs fault or the QB deserves all the credit.  Football is a total team sport (including coaching) where there are lots of moving parts and interchangeable pieces.

but...QB is absolutely the key part and when you have/had one who can not make the throws and move the chains, he's basically worthless regardless of the "lots" of moving parts or interchangeable pieces.

it was college but last night was a perfect example of benching a QB who couldn't make the throws and bringing in one (just out of high school) who can/did make the throws and winning a championship.

the taylor era will and should be over this off season. he is/was nothing more than a glorified (running) back up QB.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

complete sludge in here.

so you thought you would join said bottom of the bin posters just to call them out?

get over yourself stank.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was Dennison's play-calling.

It was Roman's system.

He didn't have any receivers.

His o-line didn't block for him.

He was playing hurt.

He's held to a higher standard because he's black.

Did I miss any?

Yes passing yards and rushing yards are not mutually exclusive.  Same with passing TDs and Rushing TDs.  

• Like (+1) 1

I say keep TT and convert him to a wr as well as cut his salary.  I think he would be a decent wr option or at least worth testing out.  Think he'd go for it???  Outside of that, please get rid of him as soon as possible so we don't have to talk about him anymore.

41 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I get what you are saying - every excuse under the sun for Tyrod.  But you're missing the point that Dennison's system was not a fit for Tyrod (which should have been seen in camp), yet it was stubbornly forced on him anyway.  The results were putrid.

I see it from a different perspective.  I think that they already knew going into camp that they did not think Tyrod was the long-term answer , so they implemented an NFL offense that they will want to run when they find their long-term answer at QB.  That way, the other players on offense don't have to learn/adapt to another scheme when a new QB is brought in.

If they were committed to Taylor at the beginning of last year, I think that they *would* have built the scheme more around his strengths.

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

complete sludge in here.

Everyone is ready to move on from their QB if you have something better.   But we don't

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I see it from a different perspective.  I think that they already knew going into camp that they did not think Tyrod was the long-term answer , so they implemented an NFL offense that they will want to run when they find their long-term answer at QB.  That way, the other players on offense don't have to learn/adapt to another scheme when a new QB is brought in.

If they were committed to Taylor at the beginning of last year, I think that they *would* have built the scheme more around his strengths.

This is an excellent point.  If you "taylor" the offense to TT, don't you also need a backup QB with a similar skill set to sub for him if need be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

This is a very good perspective and makes sense.  Quite possible...

48 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was Roman's system.

He was playing hurt.

Did I miss any?

Stone hands Jones fits into #3 

He's the best at avoiding sacks / most time to throw 

51 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was Roman's system.

He was playing hurt.

Did I miss any?

Poor Goodwin and Woods had to live through it.   

Just now, buffalostu2 said:

Everyone is ready to move on from their QB if you have something better.   But we don't

well there needs to be a very clear direction involved with regards to that and I have confidence they already have something in mind. its just time to move on.

but I agree. i'm not ready to move on just for the sake of it, if there is an immediate option that's at least of equal value. with any scenario I would like to see a qb drafted early.

17 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

complete sludge in here.

Is this what a broken fanboy sounds like ? 

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its not the topic. its the majority of the posters that flocked to said topic and the idiotic stuff they've spouted for weeks now about the qb involved.

some of which have been sooo very quiet after wins or our playoff birth only to pounce at the new opportunity to bash the qb and toss out the "I told you so"

in all fairness Transplant did have his betting threads where after a win people agreed to not criticize him.   ;)

I will stats again that those who pump TT up unnecessarily often get the feedback.  The same for the flip side. The Savior Peterman's also bring ridicule for their trash.