Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

On 1/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, Bad Things said:

Did he happen to also watch Bortles?  Now, that guy is just brutal. 

Yeah, but Bortles is still young and visibly improving quite a bit. 

We know Tyrod's ceiling. Have for a year and a half, really.

Kornheiser's statement is an obvious exaggeration at a moment of excitement. He doesn't even rule out 3rd stringers. Clearly an exaggeration. I'm actually a Kornheiser fan. I lived in Northern Virginia and worked in D.C. for many years and read his stuff in the Post. Also have bought a couple of his books. The guy is genuinely funny. A hell of a writer.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The 3rd and 25 (or something like that) play in Tennessee he scrambled for a few years ago was one of the more memorable plays of the last few seasons. 

For me, this is the most memorable:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTNqwZ5gkY

This one too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLxD0OdR1I

Love those Sammy bobble catches :)

Edited by reddogblitz

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Way to bump a ridiculous thread predicated on a ridiculous statement over a week dead. :doh:

You just loooOOOOOOoooooovvee talkin Tyrod, don't you? :flirt:

I don't start the Tyrod threads I reply to them. I did not realize I bumped a old thread, somehow I was on a Trans Tyrod thread and ended up on this one. You know one of the 3 Tyrod threads you have started on the front page, maybe if you keep all your Tyrod threads all in one place people won't end up bumping someone else' s Tyrod thread. Of course you do not like this Tyrod thread it does not go with your love theme that is in yours.

50 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I don't start the Tyrod threads I reply to them. I did not realize I bumped a old thread, somehow I was on a Trans Tyrod thread and ended up on this one. You know one of the 3 Tyrod threads you have started on the front page, maybe if you keep all your Tyrod threads all in one place people won't end up bumping someone else' s Tyrod thread. Of course you do not like this Tyrod thread it does not go with your love theme that is in yours.

:lol: 

riiiiiight... didn't realize you bumped a thread that was on page 3 or 4 at least by the time you bumped it... sure :flirt: 

3 Tyrod threads on the front page? You mean the TWO that are there, one of which I posted purely about Dennison regarding how the Bills had the most stuffed runs (0 yards or less) in the NFL on 1st and 2nd down (was Tyrod even talked about in the OP?) and the other that's really just been good fun responding to Crusher-under-a-new-name?

Okay, Eeyore. 

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

:lol: 

riiiiiight... didn't realize you bumped a thread that was on page 3 or 4 at least by the time you bumped it... sure :flirt: 

3 Tyrod threads on the front page? You mean the TWO that are there, one of which I posted purely about Dennison regarding how the Bills had the most stuffed runs (0 yards or less) in the NFL on 1st and 2nd down (was Tyrod even talked about in the OP?) and the other that's really just been good fun responding to Crusher-under-a-new-name?

Okay, Eeyore. 

He sucks get over it.  

If the next qb sucks he will get bashed too.   Just like the previous 5 or so QBs

Worst passer ever per Kornheiser. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

7 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

You have to hand it to Transplant, he supports every QB on the Bills roster,sometimes to a fault. He was a huge

E.J. supporter as well.

Thats what our generation used to do. In today’s world of instant gratification that just doesn’t compute.

Just now, dlonce said:

You have to hand it to Transplant, he supports every QB on the Bills roster,sometimes to a fault. He was a huge

E.J. supporter as well.

Thats what our generation used to do. In today’s world of instant gratification that just doesn’t compute.

For me it's not about instant gratification.

It's about performance over a period of time.

Sometimes you need more time to evaluate a player (like tyrod, after 2 seasons, I was sure of what he was, which looks to be correct after the third year)

Sometimes, you just know right away (ej, losman, Rob Johnson)

I'm all for giving Peterman more chances, but I'm not sure enough about him to pass on somebody this year.

I was a bledsoe fan, a flutie fan, hell I liked Edwards and gave him a shot, but I'm also realistic.

I think a lot of people set expectations too high from the get go, then when somebody doesn't look like the "second coming of Jim Kelly" after the first couple of starts, we automatically call them a bust.

I'm rambling.

I would love a franchise elite qb.

I'll be happy with a very good QB.

I'd rather not settle on an average at best QB.

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, but Bortles is still young and visibly improving quite a bit. 

We know Tyrod's ceiling. Have for a year and a half, really.

Kornheiser's statement is an obvious exaggeration at a moment of excitement. He doesn't even rule out 3rd stringers. Clearly an exaggeration. I'm actually a Kornheiser fan. I lived in Northern Virginia and worked in D.C. for many years and read his stuff in the Post. Also have bought a couple of his books. The guy is genuinely funny. A hell of a writer.

In the end....this is true

Tyrod's game though several different OC's is very steady for a QB...unfortunately its not improving in areas that it needs to in order to keep the wagon hitched to him....Bortles is not a good qb....but has a chance to get better.

48 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Tyrod's game though several different OC's is very steady for a QB...unfortunately its not improving in areas that it needs to in order to keep the wagon hitched to him....Bortles is not a good qb....but has a chance to get better.

Steady is a proper word.     Steady at being mediocre and steady in the respect of not being good enough to grasp victory from the jaws of defeat.  

That's why it sucks.  

3 hours ago, dlonce said:

image.jpeg.98f299c1a369bd33f133368d11c54617.jpegImage result for Does Not Compute Robot

On 1/8/2018 at 8:15 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

After finally watching a game, the mainstream sports media is finally understanding why McDermott pulled Taylor earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/950532481823985665

PTI.thumb.jpg.ca6c27e9fee889e0ddb87bc5ca16553b.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt... He's the same moron who was screaming that the Bills should have fired McDermott when he benched him. Kornheiser is as big of an idiot as they come.

• Like (+1) 1

The Biggest Frustration about Bortles is that the guy has the size arm strength mobility and the ability to be a great Qb. He thinks he can just skate by on his skill and not apply himself (He Likes to Party). If he had half the heart and drive that Tyrod has he'd be incredible. The flip side is Tyrod doesn't have anything but drive he has a decent arm and bad accuracy he's short but athletic. 

52 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Take it with a grain of salt... He's the same moron who was screaming that the Bills should have fired McDermott when he benched him. Kornheiser is as big of an idiot as they come.

Spot on accurate.  Kornheiser is just like many in the media.....just looking for clicks and views.  

1 hour ago, Bills757 said:

Spot on accurate.  Kornheiser is just like many in the media.....just looking for clicks and views.  

Unfortunately, that's all the media/ESPN want - these so called "hot" takes. Stephen A. Smith 2.0.

Gotta be yelling making some outlandish/outrageous comments. 

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Bottles he started 19 more games than Hotrod. Maybe that's why he's improved more?

21 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Bottles he started 19 more games than Hotrod. Maybe that's why he's improved more?

Or maybe because he's 2-3 years younger than tyrod so he is just entering his typical "prime" for most athletes

Or maybe it's just fool's gold and bortles still sucks and will regress