The 1st and goal throw to benjamin

Steptide

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know what you mean. If it was an RPO the play is determined by the defense. If Tyrod identifies Benjamin in single coverage the RPO calls for a pass. That has nothing to do with Tyrod's shortcomings as a QB, it's just a poor play call. My point is you shouldn't put a pass option in. Just run it 3 times. We were getting good rush yardage against the Jags and their defense was worn down from a long drive. Run the ball. A fade pass to Benjamin who is being covered by one of the best CBs in the game is awful no matter what the defense shows.

I feel this could go either way.
They might have been gassed , but they expected run.
now the second and 3rd down calls...

12 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Should've at least lined Kyle Williams up in the backfield.

might well have gotten in actually   : )

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Agree completely.  The WR coach was a college coach who has not seemed to help our WRs progress.

Zay Jones Coach was he not ?

35 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Zay Jones Coach was he not ?

Yes he was and that is part of the problem - he knew the WR but not the experience to know how to have the WR upgrade his game to the pros.  Sanjay Lal was a good coach and IMO coach McD made a mistake hiring someone he knew rather than keeping Sanjay Lal and giving Phil McGeoghan assistant WR coach position. The only other time he was a coach in NFL was with North Cuba and not impressive.

The more I see this play the more it angers me. I assume Dennison designed the route that Benjamin ran on this play. It's the worst thing I've ever seen. Basically Benjamin runs right into his coverage on the play (even though it's 1 on 1), had he just ran hard to his right in the end zone this would've been an easy catch. Almost un defendable by the jags. I'm still bitter

On 1/8/2018 at 10:05 AM, CountDorkula said:

McCoy confirmed it was a run play with a pass option.

This is 100% on Taylor.

Re-watch the play, the line is run blocking, the FB hits the hole where McCoy is supposed to follow and McCoy practically runs into Taylor and is surprised he doesn't get the ball. 

This was TT trying to make himself the hero, there's really very little doubt about that. 

Does anybody have a clip of the game on that play?

i thought there was a Bill running a post route to the right wide open.  

Havent seen anything shown. 

Or or am I misremembering?

On 1/8/2018 at 6:45 PM, Limeaid said:

They would have been prepared for that. Stick him as a pass eligible TE and that would get their attention.

Which might have made the RPO work better.