Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

#elitedecoy #neverssammysfault

Not at all what I am saying. First of all to the extent that he's a "decoy" who opens up the passing game underneath he has to be a credible vertical threat. He is that (at least opposing defences seem to think so). I'm not defending him either but the last minute long ball that he failed to convert and that eliminated the Rams is a perfect illustration of my point. Sammy cleanly beats his cover but has to slow down because the ball is under thrown. He does a good job of using his body to box out the trailing corner at the goal line but let's the ball fall right through his arms although he's in very good position to make the play. That's entirely on him and that's why he's not elite.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like they'll let Sammy test free agency. Makes sense considering he wasn't even one of the 5 most valuable players on their offense.

This might be the case, but that was Garafolo speculating the Rams' perference. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like they'll let Sammy test free agency. Makes sense considering he wasn't even one of the 5 most valuable players on their offense.

....2017 tag was $15.682 mil.......2018 will be north of $16 mil.......what's your call?....tag him or let him test?.................

Just now, HappyDays said:

I can't figure out what he will get on the open market but my guess is someone will overpay him. Early dark horse in my mind is the Jets, especially if they go for Cousins.

He just needs to get away from that offense and no one wants to play on the tag 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't figure out what he will get on the open market but my guess is someone will overpay him. Early dark horse in my mind is the Jets, especially if they go for Cousins.

I will bet Dallas or Denver (Cousins)

dark horse: Colts

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm sticking with my prediction of San Francisco. A lot of cap, position of need. Great fit with Shanny and Jimmy G. 

That’s a nice fit too but I was reading that Jimmy’s deep ball isn’t the most accurate. I have no idea if that’s true because I never watch the niners.

Should Rams franchise Sammy Watkins or Lamarcus Joyner?

The Los Angeles Rams began the offseason with a significant amount of salary-cap space, but that money goes fast.

Below, we take a closer look at two potential candidates. The non-exclusive franchise tag, which awards a player's original team with two first-round picks if it does not match an outside offer, brings with it the average of the top five salaries at a player's position over the previous five years. A transition tag, which amounts to the average of the top 10 salaries at a player's position in the current year, allows other teams to match and does not include compensation. Projections were provided by OverTheCap.com.