[Please Change Title]Denison

Chicharito

Why is there so much hate for this guy? He did the best he could with what he has. Being handcuffed by a quarterback who can't read coverage, locks onto one receiver, and can't throw a simple out.

Don't get me wrong as a person I think Taylor is a stand up individual and a class act. But the guy isn't s starting caliber nfl qb. So with that being said thanks tyrod and have a great career as a backup somewhere else!

Will see what the excuses are when Taylor is not the QB. I think Dennison did not help his case this year with how conservative and unimaginative the offense was this year. However, he will probably end up getting a pass unless McDermott brings in Mike McCoy like he wanted to when he got hired.

18 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Why is there so much hate for this guy? He did the best he could with what he has. Being handcuffed by a quarterback who can't read coverage, locks onto one receiver, and can't throw a simple out.

Don't get me wrong as a person I think Taylor is a stand up individual and a class act. But the guy isn't s starting caliber nfl qb. So with that being said thanks tyrod and have a great career as a backup somewhere else!

The more I think about it, the more I think that Rico will be back next season.   He’s not the one out there throwing the ball and executing (or.... umm..... at least trying to).  Although he certainly did have some head-scratching calls this season.

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Will see what the excuses are when Taylor is not the QB. I think Dennison did not help his case this year with how conservative and unimaginative the offense was this year. However, he will probably end up getting a pass unless McDermott brings in Mike McCoy like he wanted to when he got hired.

We'll see.  I don't believe there would be nearly as much criticism of Dennison if he had even an average QB to work with.  Hard to tell because Taylor was just so inept. 

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

24 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Because he calls plays like a man who has never watch a game of football before. He doesn't use his players to their strengths and often doesn't even know what players he has on the field at a given time. Other than that he's swell.

Yeah but does he not open it up because of the QB?  OC calls the game to win but also protect players as much as possible.

Edited by NewEraBills

6 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

We'll see.  I don't believe there would be nearly as much criticism of Dennison if he had even an average QB to work with.  Hard to tell because Taylor was just so inept. 

yep.   hard to tell.   

OMG don't change the damn offensive scheme AGAIN.  I want to win sometime before I die.    get better f ing players , starting with the QB

11 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Yeah but does he not open it up because of the QB?  OC calls the game to win but also protect players as much as possible.

He doesn't "open it up" because he simply doesn't know how. He doesn't "protect" players in the slightest. How is calling a Tolbert sweep protecting? The guy is simply in over his head. I will agree in some aspects Taylor doesn't help matters, but he could fit a Shannahan offense if they tweeked it some.

20 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

He doesn't "open it up" because he simply doesn't know how. He doesn't "protect" players in the slightest. How is calling a Tolbert sweep protecting? The guy is simply in over his head. I will agree in some aspects Taylor doesn't help matters, but he could fit a Shannahan offense if they tweeked it some.

Taylor couldn't "fit" in any offense.  He is too slow to react and too slow to read defenses.  That's why all the check downs.  Add to that the fact that he can't hit wide open receivers and you have Taylor summed up.

1 minute ago, xsoldier54 said:

Taylor couldn't "fit" in any offense.  He is too slow to react and too slow to read defenses.  That's why all the check downs.  Add to that the fact that he can't hit wide open receivers and you have Taylor summed up.

I didn't say he "fit" any offense. Believe me, I'm really looking for ward to his departure. I know his shortcomings. You know his shortcomings...but appears Dennison does not. There are things Taylor does do that aren't bad...and Dennison rarely took advantage of any of them. That's what I was speaking about...Dennison not Taylor. 

His play calling is awful, he doesn't comprehend how to call plays that set something up later in the game. He does not suit anything to who is on the field. His play calls in the last 2 minutes of a half or game are just epically bad. He needs to go.

20 hours ago, Chicharito said:

How is his track record? Did he light things up in Denver? Yes, his talent could have been better, but to continually try to drive a square peg into a round hole is utter stupidity. Understand your strengths, develope them, and then utilize them. 

20 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

yep.   hard to tell.   

OMG don't change the damn offensive scheme AGAIN.  I want to win sometime before I die.    get better f ing players , starting with the QB

Now is the time to do it if you are getting a new QB.    This past year wasn't.  Well, at least not with the running game.

21 hours ago, Chicharito said:

The thing that infuriated me the most was in the Jacksonville game - watching Dennison call his wretched stretch zone running play with Shady again - getting tackeled in the backfield for negative yards. - Even though that has been the result all year long game after game - more often than not when he ran it.

Why keep doing the very specific same exact thing that isn't working? He is a mental case.   He is insane. 

Dennison SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!!

I don't really know, isn't this the guy that won a super bowl as an OC w/ Kubiak? Regardless if he has any "playcalling experience" I'd like to see what he can do with a good QB on the roster. 

Edited by paulbills