Wild Card GDT: Falcons vs. Rams at 8:15 PM ET on NBC

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Should the Rams have swung a trade for Benjamin instead of Watkins ?

The rams kicked butt all year long.    They didn’t make a mistake. 

Cooper fumbled the game away and Gurley got off to a slow start.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Remember how there use to be some posters who would make those Sammy/Julio comparisons?

Thank God we don't have to keep hearing that bull **** again.

"The stats don't lie!" :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I've watched more of the Vikes lately. I've been waiting for Keenum to bottom out - hasn't happened. I'm stunned. he's been quite good standing in and making impressive throws.

Maybe the bright lights of the playoffs will have an effect. 

Vikes and Saints have good balance.

Great call

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Now that the showdown is over,

I would still have to take Julio Jones over Sammy.

Heck based on today's game, I would have to take Woods over Sammy.  He did pull back to back penalties there, but they were "playing hard" penalties.

He made some inarguably quality catches today.

Which is more than I can say for Sammy.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Heck based on today's game, I would have to take Woods over Sammy.  He did pull back to back penalties there, but they were "playing hard" penalties.

He made some inarguably quality catches today.

Which is more than I can say for Sammy.

I believe this stopped being a debate while the two were still in Buffalo. Woods is far far superior than Watkins - on every single level.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I believe this stopped being a debate while the two were still in Buffalo. Woods is far far superior than Watkins - on every single level.

I dunno about debate, but:

1) the Bills with Wood and Watkins here didn't use any WR particularly effectively

2) the Bills under-utilized Wood in the extreme based upon what I saw today

In fact it made me wonder because I never perceived Wood as being that contesting-possession sideline-shoestring guy while he was here.

Was he, and I didn't notice, or was he simply not used that way?

58 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Should the Rams have swung a trade for Benjamin instead of Watkins ?

I don't know.  We'll see how well Benjamin stays on the field next year, if we keep him.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What's wrong with Watkins? Never goes up to get the ball. 

I think he played with lowered expectations for WR behavior in B'lo where he knew he was going to start whether he came back, dove, extended himself, or not.

He may be the kind of player who takes time to learn the playbook - some article had comments about Goff telling him what to do in the huddle, which implies that.

I think Sammy would be best served to stay with the Rams, learn the playbook, try to build rappore with Goff, and do all those things the good WR do (see above).

I was a Sammy defender - gave him the benefit of the doubt that he really was in a lot of pain here, and that Roman's O/TT's caution were not using him to his best effect.  He looked great the 2nd to last game last year.  He now has a great passing O, a good QB who is not afraid to sling it, and yeah, he didn't get it done.  Should that have been a holding call in the endzone, yeah, but that stuff goes on every play.

What I now expect to have happen is for his agent to chase down the best $$ he can get Sammy, even on a team with open questions at QB and coach, and for Sammy play out a meh career with a meh QB and go home.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

3 hours ago, mob16151 said:

Repeatedly

Based on the frequency and tone of his comments about Sammy's strong hands, I think it is pretty obvious that Collinsworth has a reoccurring fantasy.

It involves Collinsworth, Sammy, lavender scented massage oil and let's just say the fantasy has a happy ending.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Based on the frequency and tone of his comments about Sammy's strong hands, I think it is pretty obvious that Collinsworth has a reoccurring fantasy.

It involves Collinsworth, Sammy, lavender scented massage oil and let's just say the fantasy has a happy ending.

Collinsworth is a joke.  

At least 4 times he said crap that was wrong.  

One call Offsetting penalties when the guy was pushed in the back he never saw.  What’s the other penalty I didn’t see a flag.  

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was a Sammy defender - gave him the benefit of the doubt that he really was in a lot of pain here, and that Roman's O/TT's caution were not using him to his best effect.  He looked great the 2nd to last game last year.  He now has a great passing O, a good QB who is not afraid to sling it, and yeah, he didn't get it done.  Should that have been a holding call in the endzone, yeah, but that stuff goes on every play.

What I now expect to have happen is for his agent to chase down the best $$ he can get Sammy, even on a team with open questions at QB and coach, and for Sammy play out a meh career with a meh QB and go home.

I agree but this could be a time where SW looks in the mirror this week and really decides to make fundamental attitude changes. Takes less money to go somewhere for a year, where he will get targets and be the best he can be then revisit FA with a year on a new leaf. Some of these players have dreams. They wanna be the greatest, they wanna be legends. And sometimes those things mean more than money difference on contracts