Unleash Tyrod ... Really

Gugny

A few of you may know that I'm not a big fan of Tyrod Taylor.  I've kept my opinions to myself, for the most part.

If there is one thing that Tyrod is good at (and there really only is one thing), it's making plays with his legs.

If there was ever a time to say "!@#$ it" and let him just do his thing, it's this Sunday at 1pm EST.  With McCoy's bum wheel, as much as I think Murphy is a good back (I really do), we need Jacksonville to respect our ground game.  Let's face it, they're not going to respect a passing game that's been near, or at, last in the league for each of the past three seasons.

If our defense is up to the daunting task of keeping Blake !@#$ing Bortles from generating any kind of passing threat against us, perhaps we can keep Fournette from beating us and let Tyrod's legs open up some sort of passing threat of our own.

Is this a sustainable formula for a 17+ week season?  No.  But it's a new tournament now.  It's a four week season.

We kept hearing about Taylor being "unleashed," but we never saw it.  I think it's time we do.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ya know, I'm not a Tyrod fan either. I could be if he was more consistent and occasionally brought the team back from a deficit to win, but I think we all know that will never be the case. So I do think we need to move on from him. As McDermott would say....With that said, I couldn't agree more with your post. If the Bills have any real shot at winning on Sunday and hopefully future games this season, Tyrod has to do his thing. If he gets forced to stay in the pocket, the Bills have no shot and every team in the tournament knows this and will game plan to make him stay in the pocket.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A few of you may know that I'm not a big fan of Tyrod Taylor.  I've kept my opinions to myself, for the most part.

If there is one thing that Tyrod is good at (and there really only is one thing), it's making plays with his legs.

If there was ever a time to say "!@#$ it" and let him just do his thing, it's this Sunday at 1pm EST.  With McCoy's bum wheel, as much as I think Murphy is a good back (I really do), we need Jacksonville to respect our ground game.  Let's face it, they're not going to respect a passing game that's been near, or at, last in the league for each of the past three seasons.

If our defense is up to the daunting task of keeping Blake !@#$ing Bortles from generating any kind of passing threat against us, perhaps we can keep Fournette from beating us and let Tyrod's legs open up some sort of passing threat of our own.

Is this a sustainable formula for a 17+ week season?  No.  But it's a new tournament now.  It's a four week season.

We kept hearing about Taylor being "unleashed," but we never saw it.  I think it's time we do.

I completely agree. There is zero reason to hold anything back on Tyrod's part now. Anyone that has watched him knows he's not a pocket QB. He's an athlete. He's a freak athlete at that. If he can tuck it and run for 60-70 yards, pick up a few crucial 1st downs with his legs and even throw some caution to the wind and throw a few 50/50 balls I think we win.

He has got to have a feeling he is not just playing in a playoff game. He's playing for his next contract. 

As far as these coaches are concerned, conservatism has paid off so far, and I don't expect anything different. I don't think we need to win a shootout to take this game, and I think the coaches will view ball security as a premium. 

I think we should absolutely run Tyrod wild though.  We have nothing to lose.  Just roll him out with a couple levels every single play.  It's almost impossible to defend, and I think it would tire out their linebackers.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I couldn't possibly agree more. 

My very vocal criticism of Taylor is based on the fact that his style of play and an offensive system built around his skill set just isn't set up for consistent success over the course of a full NFL season. 

However, all of that goes out the window in the playoffs. Taylor could conceivably be the X-factor for a change and really control the game. I hope he does, it would be exciting to see. 

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

With the exception of the highlighted I completely agree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Yep. Successfully execute some designed runs and then maybe they'll be able to fool the safeties to open up some big passing plays.

That's only part of it. Hopefully the running game has some success up the middle. They should definitely be able to hit the edges with Murphy's speed.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I agree with you,  completely. 

Gross. Now I need a shower. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

How much creativity do you think 60yr old Rico has left in the tank? Maybe he was able to phone a friend this week and got some notes from Kubiak. 

I fully expect the same gameplan from the offense:  if its a close game, 100% conservative. Heaven forbid we actually take a lead anywhere near the 3rd quarter: turtle power football here we come! 

All jokes aside. I dont expect any major change on offense or defense from these coaches.

try and win time of possession. Dont turn the ball over. Score just enough to keep it close. Get a huge turnover on defense. Live to see another day. 

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

With the exception of the highlighted I completely agree.

I thought the same thing when I read it.

Let Hotrod do his thing.  At the same time don't get away from what got us where we are.  Jacksonville is no better than some other teams we beat with the get a lead and sit on the football strategy.  Thinking teams like KC and Atlanta.  Maybe we get a few of our "lucky" turnovers.

One turn Hotrod loose play I'd like to see is to line up 4 WRs out. Everybody go long.  Then Hotrod take off running.

If out O line is playing like they certainly are capable of, our run game will be fine with whoever we put our there.

Go BILLS !!

I hope his thing isn't sitting on the bench with a towel on his head again. If they hold him in the pocket to be a QB this game is over by halftime. Tyrod needs to step up big time for this game.

Go Bills

Edited by xRUSHx

8 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I hope his thing isn't sitting on the bench with a towel on his head again. If they hold him in the pocket to be a QB this game is over by halftime. Tyrod needs to step up big time for this game.

Go Bills

Dont worry.....even if we win im sure you find a way to B word about TT's performance....

You do you

48 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Dont worry.....even if we win im sure you find a way to B word about TT's performance....

You do you

Funny you commented B wording about my comment. 

Enjoy the game, I will while I am at the game, are you going?

Edited by xRUSHx

It's a no brainer. It's criminal malpractice with Shady's bad ankle to not just run Tyrod as much as you can. To roll him out and do what he does best. You're not saving him for anything later, you're not trying to establish an offensive philosophy that can endure for ten years, you're not trying to make Tyrod a pocket passer because that is the only way he is going to be a complete player.

None of that matters. You try to win the game. Dennison cannot do anything else.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, John from Hemet said:

You should give up your seat to a real fan and find something else to do.

A real fan? Hmmm, please define a real fan. Are you a real fan?

I have been a Bills fan for 40 years of my life. 

I am a fan that spends real money for multiple real season tickets/Bills gear and now spending real money on playoff tickets. When is the last time you spent real money on this team, are you are real fan or just a Tyrod cheerleader on a MB? I want this team to get better not wish for a miracle season ever few decades. I want better at QB.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

A real fan? Hmmm, please define a real fan. Are you a real fan?

I have been a Bills fan for 40 years of my life. 

I am a fan that spends real money for multiple real season tickets/Bills gear and now spending real money on playoe ff tickets. When is the last time you spent real money on this team, are you are real fan or just a Tyrod cheerleader on a MB? I want this team to get better not wish for a miracle season ever few decades. I want better at QB.

oh boo hoo you spend money

You think that gives you the right to poo on on player day in and day out when he QB'd the team to the playoffs.....literally NINETY percent of your posts center around this.....then people will get on you about your crusading and you will mope about how you are misunderstood and mistreated.

Its called crusading....you have carried it with you from one board to another...its stale.....

No your not a real fan just because you spend money on the team.....your just a entitled jerk.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

oh boo hoo you spend money

You think that gives you the right to poo on on player day in and day out when he QB'd the team to the playoffs.....literally NINETY percent of your posts center around this.....then people will get on you about your crusading and you will mope about how you are misunderstood and mistreated.

Its called crusading....you have carried it with you from one board to another...its stale.....

No your not a real fan just because you spend money on the team.....your just a entitled jerk.

Haha. I can insult my kid all day long but as long as I feed him Im entitled to do it. Im an awesome parent for it. Dont ever question my parenting.