Embrace your inner EII, tangential meanderings are welcome here

Cripple Creek

So I'm sitting in the ER, having just stuck a bench chisel in to my hand half an hour ago.  In front of me, a clearly mentally ill teenager who'd make most of our illiterati here look stable.  Behind me, a woman seven months pregnant and bleeding (not "spotting." Bleeding.)

Of course, I took one look at preggers woman and said "No, you go ahead."  Mental teen is vacillating between telling preggers "I was here first!" and telling his mom "I don't need to be here, my mind is just !@#$ing with me!"  

Gonna be a fun night.  I'll just keep live blogging it.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

So I'm sitting in the ER, having just stuck a bench chisel in to my hand half an hour ago.  In front of me, a clearly mentally ill teenager who'd make most of our illiterati here look stable.  Behind me, a woman seven months pregnant and bleeding (not "spotting." Bleeding.)

Of course, I took one look at preggers woman and said "No, you go ahead."  Mental teen is vacillating between telling preggers "I was here first!" and telling his mom "I don't need to be here, my mind is just !@#$ing with me!"  

Of course it's up to the ER to set the triage, no?

I would think it would be preggo lady, you, then unstable teen.  Who's bleeding more? You or the woman w/child? :(

Bummer about the hand... How'd the chisel find your hand?

Hope nobody is hacking up a lung w/the flu all over you... That would suck!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I was kind of hoping the mentally ill teenager was actually the one working the front desk.