Albert Breer: McDermott has Bills pointing up

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, going to be a lot of pressure on McD/Beane to have a good offseason and keep the momentum running full steam ahead.

And even though it's very realistic this team could take a step backwards this year like the Dolphins, expectations will be sky high in Buffalo heading into the 2018 season.

Can you go away too?  please

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, going to be a lot of pressure on McD/Beane to have a good offseason and keep the momentum running full steam ahead.

And even though it's very realistic this team could take a step backwards this year like the Dolphins, expectations will be sky high in Buffalo heading into the 2018 season.

I think that will depend on the offseason we have. Guys like Hyde talking up Buffalo and what the whole league has seen happen this year bodes well for us I think. I think it makes some FA's who wouldn't have considered us before change their position a bit. I don't think we are just a bargaining chip anymore. Hopefully we can get a win somehow on Sunday and that train keeps rolling. I'm excited about our future at this point. 

59 minutes ago, eball said:

I love articles like this that prove just how wrong some of the biggest show-boaters on this forum are.

There are some plays that remain head-scratchers this year, but if you can't be optimistic about McDermott as our head coach, you just need something to whine about.

He's everything you want in a leader: honest, centered, selfless and willing to admit when he's wrong.  Watch him greeting every player in the locker room after the win vs. the Fish. Even better, find the video of him when Cincy scored on 4th and 12. Tells me all I need to know about this man.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think that will depend on the offseason we have. Guys like Hyde talking up Buffalo and what the whole league has seen happen this year bodes well for us I think. I think it makes some FA's who wouldn't have considered us before change their position a bit. I don't think we are just a bargaining chip anymore. Hopefully we can get a win somehow on Sunday and that train keeps rolling. I'm excited about our future at this point. 

Hard not to be excited, this team should have quite the influx of young talent over the next few years. And you are right about guys like Hyde helping recruit key FA's that normally would have no interest in Buffalo even if big money is potentially being thrown their way.

22 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Like I said before, the Dolphins should be a cautionary tale for all Bills fans heading into 2018.

They were a very good team last year (much better than this years Bills team) and were expected to be a SB contender this year by most experts (including myself). But a season ending injury to their franchise QB and other suspensions/injuries heading into the 2017 campaign pretty much derailed their season. Although you still have to give Gase a lot of credit for getting them off to a 4-2 start even if it was a mirage in hindsight.

So now your an expert?  In your own mind maybe.  The Dolphins were a mirage last year.  They got into the playoffs because the Bills handed them two games.  They were not "much better" than this year's Bills team.  They were and are weak at QB, and have a team full of me first chuckleheads.  No one with any real sense considered them a super bowl contender. 

2 minutes ago, MDFan said:

So now your an expert?  In your own mind maybe.  The Dolphins were a mirage last year.  They got into the playoffs because the Bills handed them two games.  They were not "much better" than this year's Bills team.  They were and are weak at QB, and have a team full of me first chuckleheads.  No one with any real sense considered them a super bowl contender. 

Dolphins are a very talented team across the board at just about every position, and they certainly weren't a mirage last year. Also unlike the Bills this year they didn't need help to clinch a playoff spot winning 9 of their final 11 games to finish the season.

Also you can argue the Bills got into the playoffs this year for the same reason, Dolphins handed them two games.

Either way the crux of my argument remains, the Bills could easily disappoint next season just like Miami did this year after ending a playoff drought with a new regime and first year head coach.

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Dolphins are a very talented team across the board at just about every position, and they certainly weren't a mirage last year. Also unlike the Bills this year they didn't need help to clinch a playoff spot winning 9 of their final 11 games to finish the season.

Also you can argue the Bills got into the playoffs this year for the same reason, Dolphins handed them two games.

Either way the crux of my argument remains, the Bills could easily disappoint next season just like Miami did this year after ending a playoff drought with a new regime and first year head coach.

4 days before the first playoff game in 17 years seems like a great time to start pushing the “concerned” narrative already about disappointment next year.

let some of us enjoy the moment please. Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Must have been hard for you to criticize the phins.

You are right on the other stuff too, but I do think the ownership, fans, and players will be much more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt for longer now.

Look for McD through at least 2020 regardless of results of the next 2 years.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

There is pressure but with the drought gone they can just focus on building the best roster team to win even if it may be more geared for 2019. The drought was such a noose for any coach/gm.

I fixed that for you.  Whaley focused on building the best roster he could.  McDermott and Beane focus on building the best team they can.  Big difference even though it can be subtle at times and other times not so subtle.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Like I said before, the Dolphins should be a cautionary tale for all Bills fans heading into 2018.

They were a very good team last year (much better than this years Bills team) and were expected to be a SB contender this year by most experts (including myself). But a season ending injury to their franchise QB and other suspensions/injuries heading into the 2017 campaign pretty much derailed their season. Although you still have to give Gase a lot of credit for getting them off to a 4-2 start even if it was a mirage in hindsight.

this is BS. I saw plenty of media coverage coming into the season saying that all the one score games the7 snuck by in 16 probably wouldn't go their way in 17. 

"expert". lol

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this is BS. I saw plenty of media coverage being saying that all the one score games the snuck by in 16 probably wouldn't go their way in 17. 

"expert". lol

As I recall it .....  Miami usually starts off strong season after season then collapses like a folding table at a Bills Tail gate in December.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

As I recall it .....  Miami usually starts off strong season after season then collapses like a folding table at a Bills Tail gate in December.  

playoff game coming up and he's already "concerned" for next season.... good lord.

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I fixed that for you.  Whaley focused on building the best roster he could.  McDermott and Beane focus on building the best team they can.  Big difference even though it can be subtle at times and other times not so subtle.

Very good point. They have found "McBeane" players that work well together as a team. No ego-maniacs, which is hard to do!

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

playoff game coming up and he's already "concerned" for next season.... good lord.

SaviorPeterman?      #SP.   

I'm concerned that he's concerned

over at OTW there was a thread to make up emojis for certain people that would have a meaning here

#SP means  -  You know Nothing 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Welcome to the club. You'll find it a much more relaxing board now

I hardly paid much attention to him regardless.  Not it's official.

Just now, gatorbait said:

Let’s enjoy this season and the playoffs before we start worrying about next year. 

Also, YOLO is owning SaviorPetey in this thread.

I like Yolo. Hes a smart fellow.  but owning SP is an easy task. 

• Haha (+1) 1