Chiefs Sign CJ Spiller Yet Again

1 minute ago, Peter said:

God awful?!? 

You mean like when he played with a high ankle sprain even though he should not have been playing at all.

Ok I'll bite. Let's say the Bills used him incorrectly. Please show me stats where he thrived and showed how great he was on another team. I kind of recall the Saints signing him to be their new Sproles since his skill set was a match. I will admit I believed this was going to be great for CJ. I also remember he didn't do well.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Think about high draft picks spent on RB’s during the drought:

McGahee - round #1 - pick 23

Lynch - round 1. - pick 12

Spiller - round 1 - pick 9

Not to mention that during this era Jackson and UDFA was also on the roster 

Why so much draft collateral an RB’s?  A waste in the modern era - a true waste.

Travis Henry was also somewhat of a high pick in the 2nd round

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

Ok I'll bite. Let's say the Bills used him incorrectly. Please show me stats where he thrived and showed how great he was on another team. I kind of recall the Saints signing him to be their new Sproles since his skill set was a match. I will admit I believed this was going to be great for CJ. I also remember he didn't do well.

I have no idea what happened with him and the Saints unless he lost his explosiveness due to his injuries or age.  It is just plain incorrect to call him "God awful."  

From what I read, he had a spectacular pre-season with the Chiefs and he was a surprise cut . . . until people realized that they had a young gem in Kareem Hunt.

8 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

This. I agree it was stupid to spend a high first round pick on yet another RB for the Bills, but saying he was a bad player is just wrong. He was one of the best RBs in the NFL for a short time under Chan. If you could draw up plays that got him the ball in space, he was beyond elite. Running between the tackles... not so much. Ultimately, definitely not worth the position he was drafted at.

NO. He wasn't. He was a specialty back. He couldn't carry the load over a season. He did it in one game, the night game in Buffalo he dominated.  But that's it. He never was someone other teamed planned around and was definitely something that we never planned around. He was a joke. He was just a dumbass dude who could run fast and be elusive. 

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

NO. He wasn't. He was a specialty back. He couldn't carry the load over a season. He did it in one game, the night game in Buffalo he dominated.  But that's it. He never was someone other teamed planned around and was definitely something that we never planned around. He was a joke. He was just a dumbass dude who could run fast and be elusive. 

"He was just a dumbass dude who could run fast and be elusive."

Oh, brother.

Edited by Peter
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have no idea what happened with him and the Saints unless he lost his explosiveness due to his injuries or age.  It is just plain incorrect to call him "God awful."  

From what I read, he had a spectacular pre-season with the Chiefs and he was a surprise cut . . . until people realized that they had a young gem in Kareem Hunt.

The guy is in the league for 8 years and has a total of 3,451 yards that's like 400+ a year. He was the worst back the Bills have had in a very long time. He had 1 good season.

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

The guy is in the league for 8 years and has a total of 3,451 yards that's like 400+ a year. He was the worst back the Bills have had in a very long time. He had 1 good season.

Whatever.

4.8 yards per attempt for his career.  Yeah, he is terrible.

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

His 2012 season was one of the best offensive performances by a Bill this century: a staggering 6.0 ypc plus 10.7 yards per reception (extraordinarily high for a running back).

All very true.

Yet the guy seemed to have a skill set that was hard to utilize.  Only Chan got much use out of him.  

I feel bad by the guy.  He went from that great season to a guy on the bubble who gets cut and signed by the same time 3 or 4 times.  

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

Was he better than Henry, Jackson, Mcgahee or Lynch? We may have to bring up Larry Centers so he could be the better back.

The guys showed what he could be when he was not hurt and was never used properly by the Bills after Chan left.

P.S. I like all of the backs that you list.  

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

"He was just a dumbass dude who could run fast and be elusive."

Oh, brother.

No vision. Couldn't run routes to save his life. Could read defenses. Didn't know audibles. Had problems adjusting in game.  

Your turn. 

Just now, Boyst62 said:

No vision. Couldn't run routes to save his life. Could read defenses. Didn't know audibles. Had problems adjusting in game.  

Your turn. 

That is just BS.  You don't like the guy and threw out a negative phrase "dumbass" to push your narrative.  Your criticism is so personal, I wonder if CJ pissed on your daisies or something.

Hopefully he sticks with them for the playoffs.

When I think of Spiller, a few things come to mind:

1.  Spiller wasn't used properly post-Chan.  Even after going to the Saints, a place where it would seem he was set up for success (think Reggie Bush!), he still wasn't able to recreate the success he had with Chan. 

2.  The waste of a high draft pick on another RB. 

3.  Undue hate for the guy from fans-not his fault Bill's management took a RB that they didn't need

4.  The video of him talking about sponge bob

Didn't Buddy Nix or Chan Gailey refer to him as a water bug or something like that?  I forget what their exact wording was

Edited by berg1029