What is there to do in Jacksonville?

CBD

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

When I was stationed in Pensacola me and a few friends made the quick trek to J-Ville for a Bills game. It was a fantastic experience. We stayed at the Omni at the Landing. The Landing is on the St Johns River and has plenty to do- Bars, restaurants, etc etc.

There was a water taxi that comes to the Landing and takes fans right to the stadium. I dont know if thats an option now but it was super cool- drinks were allowed. Once at the stadium, there was a nice outside area that had beer/food and a band playing- again, alot of fun.

On a side note, at the Omni I met Paul McGuire, Joe Theisman, and Suzy Kolber- all were super nice!

Hope this helps- Go Bills! 

That’s where my brother is staying. I didn’t get in. We are staying like 9 miles away so will just Uber in

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s where my brother is staying. I didn’t get in. We are staying like 9 miles away so will just Uber in

Uber is a smart choice! As a season ticket holder I am sitting this one out and going to enjoy it on TV. Your brother will have a great time! Be safe down there crime is bad in parts of the city.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

hahahahaha

Actually,   Not very much.   Day trips to the ocean or the Gulf or sit by the pool (if its open) 

YELP might be a place to start or just Google Jacksonville 

Have fun BTW 

Beware, yes it’s Florida but highs in the 40’s on Saturday and a bit warmer Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Uber is a smart choice! As a season ticket holder I am sitting this one out and going to enjoy it on TV. Your brother will have a great time! Be safe down there crime is bad in parts of the city.

My son spent a couple years at UNF. There are some very nice parts of Jacksonville......and then there are the other parts. Like most places I guess, but I occasionally wandered into places I wished I hadn’t before I knew what had happened. 

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Get drunk at Wing It Saturday night with 30,000 Bills fans, watch the Bills kick ass on Sunday, burn the city down Sunday evening.

What more do you need?

What is wing it? And also where is it? I will meet you there Saturday night!

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sounds like my scene!! C-section scars and stab wounds 

Just like the colony!

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sounds like my scene!! C-section scars and stab wounds 

That's what I'm saying. Can't knock them up twice and can't catch what ya already got!

[Ronnie Mund -lets bang some hoors]

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Absolutely!  We had a condo in St Augustine (well, just over the bridge on the beach) for years (sold it this past spring), and it is one of my very favorite small cities in the US! It is also the oldest city in the United States.

You could do the touristy Ripley's things (meh),  visit the fort, sit around and drink Sangria while watching the people walk by on St George Street in Old Town, go to the alligator farm (SUPER creepy!), and more

How far is st Augustine away?   

Edited by Boyst62

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

How far is st Augustine away?   

Depending on where you are coming from (the airport, the stadium, south of Jacksonville) between 45 minutes and an hour 15.  Traffic moves on 95, although it is slower if you are heading onto 295 to 1 and down. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How are hotels yet down there?  I have an emergency fall back - my mom's college roommate down there, and my former sister in laws brother (we are all still sort of family). 

Still planning on either using Tinder as AirBnB like I did in Atlanta or bringing a friend from Florida not far away

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Depending on where you are coming from (the airport, the stadium, south of Jacksonville) between 45 minutes and an hour 15.  Traffic moves on 95, although it is slower if you are heading onto 295 and down. 

Coming from NC. Likely won't see it, then.   Damn.    Thanks gal

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

How are hotels yet down there?  I have an emergency fall back - my mom's college roommate down there, and my former sister in laws brother (we are all still sort of family). 

Still planning on either using Tinder as AirBnB like I did in Atlanta or bringing a friend from Florida not far away

The hotels around the stadium seemed to fill up. We couldn’t get down there but my buddy Jesse and his sister (you met them in Atlanta) are staying at the same place as us. We are going to come down for the party Saturday night and then a guy in our group here has a big tailgate planned for Sunday. I want to be out there before “Noine”

29 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

What is wing it? And also where is it? I will meet you there Saturday night!

Just like the colony!

That’s where the Bills fan party is supposed to be Saturday but not sure it can handle the crowd. That seems to be the plan now.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Carey Bender said:

Headed to Jacksonville for the game, does anyone have any experience with Bars, Restaurants or any other fun things to do in the city?

Beyond gator wrestling and marrying your cousin, I'm told there isn't much to do in that town.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The hotels around the stadium seemed to fill up. We couldn’t get down there but my buddy Jesse and his sister (you met them in Atlanta) are staying at the same place as us. We are going to come down for the party Saturday night and then a guy in our group here has a big tailgate planned for Sunday. I want to be out there before “Noine”

That’s where the Bills fan party is supposed to be Saturday but not sure it can handle the crowd. That seems to be the plan now.

lost my **** at noine.