So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

LOL ok JMC.....

FYI its not one game....its 9 wins and playoffs bud

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

if Dalton didn't complete that single pass, we would not reevaluate.  So no, it's just one game.  

As I said, 3 years of tape > 1 game.  

Try and refute this.  Thanks, bud.

Just now, John from Hemet said:

What is there to refute?

You do realize that we are not the only NFL team in history to get help to go to the playoffs.  Did the bills win their last game on the road in order to give themselves the opportunity?

Irrelevant to what I said.

Try again.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Most of you do realize it is possible to 1. Reup TT for another year AND 2. Still draft a 1st round qb AND 3. Keep Peterman as 3rd qb.

I am actually not opposed to this at all.....its gonna cost as much to bring in another vet until the rook is ready to go anyway.   Then if TT falter's you are not falling back on Peterman.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Irrelevant to what I said.

Try again.

No actually it is not...your just spouting your usual nonsense.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

I am actually not opposed to this at all.....its gonna cost as much to bring in another vet until the rook is ready to go anyway.   Then if TT falter's you are not falling back on Peterman.

No actually it is not...your just spouting your usual nonsense.

Would we be reevaluating TT at this end of this season with 9 wins and no playoffs (because Dalton doesn't make that throw)?  Yes or no?

I will never complain about Tyrod again. If he’s back, I’m good. If he’s not, he’s not. He has earned my respect for doing something no other Bills QB could do since Flutie. We can win with him. Change the game plan to fit his skill set. If they don’t keep him that’s fine too, but I will not complain about him. I made that deal with myself before Sunday..I’ll own it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Would we be reevaluating TT at this end of this season with 9 wins and no playoffs (because Dalton doesn't make that throw)?  Yes or no?

Maybe I really dont understand what you are saying

You are asking me to speak on a scenario that did not happen.

Are you saying that if we missed the playoffs would TT definately be gone?   Yes.....he would probably be gone if we did not make the playoffs OR they might have kept him as a bridge QB because it was his first year in the system and they did not have a losing record and STILL draft a QB in the first round.

BUT

That didnt happen.....what actually happened is they won their last game....have a winning record in the AFC East (which is where you actually start your evaluation) with less talent then they had in the previous year.....and made the playoffs.

So....now we are onto the jags where TT has played well in the past also.  Once again......we dont know what the bills are looking at (we know what YOU are looking at but you dont count) they might look at the numbers, realize that the same level of veteran qb is going to cost just as much, draft a QB high and go from there.

We really dont know.  Im good either way.

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Maybe I really dont understand what you are saying

You are asking me to speak on a scenario that did not happen.

Are you saying that if we missed the playoffs would TT definately be gone?   Yes.....he would probably be gone if we did not make the playoffs OR they might have kept him as a bridge QB because it was his first year in the system and they did not have a losing record and STILL draft a QB in the first round.

BUT

That didnt happen.....what actually happened is they won their last game....have a winning record in the AFC East (which is where you actually start your evaluation) with less talent then they had in the previous year.....and made the playoffs.

So....now we are onto the jags where TT has played well in the past also.  Once again......we dont know what the bills are looking at (we know what YOU are looking at but you dont count) they might look at the numbers, realize that the same level of veteran qb is going to cost just as much, draft a QB high and go from there.

We really dont know.  Im good either way.

Exactly!  So you're saying "maybe they reevaluate if he plays well against the Jags."  AKA "maybe they reevaluate because of one more game."  

And to that I say, 3 years of tape > 1 game.

Also, we went .500 in the AFCE.

Edited by jmc12290

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Exactly!  So you're saying "maybe they reevaluate if he plays well against the Jags."  AKA "maybe they reevaluate because of one more game."  

And to that I say, 3 years of tape > 1 game.

NO

I am saying that they might already have an evaluation.....and how TT plays in the playoffs might steer them one way or another.

How do you know that the mgt doesnt already plan on having him coming back next year given:

- The QB pool of veteran talent and how much it will cost to sign a vet in conjunction of TT's cap hit?

- Maybe the plan all along is to draft a first round  QB.....but dont want to give the farm to get to the top 2......and take a QB at their pick and groom

- Take into consideration how bad the OL has been....injuries to targets (Mathews......Clay.....etc etc)

We really dont know yet....they may already be planning to bring him back....I know that would break your heart but its a possibility.   Now what if they are on the fence about it and he has a good post season?

Edited by John from Hemet

I doubt winning a playoff game will change anything on what their plans were.  That said, no one knows what this staff will do or would have done. For all we know they could have planned or are planning to keep Tyrod as a bridge next year.  Maybe they find more value in building the team than trading away everything for a QB.  Maybe they will trade everything for a QB. Maybe they will let the draft fall to them.  Maybe they will dump Taylor and go after a FA.  Maybe they will roll with Peterman.  

Point is... nobody knows.  Anything can happen.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I really believe we will draft a QB to replace tt even if we win the Superbowl. Tt has played  fair to poor all year and it's just not enough for sustained success, he would be the Trent Dilfer  of QBs if we win.

Trent Dilfer was the QB the Ravens let go and then following year could not repeat their success because they failed to realize how many time his play made a difference in winning.   Almost as bad decision by them as swapping a starting DE for John Skelton. 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It was really much more a solid OC that understood McCoy and Gillislee and the run game's limitations and strengths and used them to score more points than any Bills team in a while.

Tyrod's passing yards and TDs were pretty close this year and last year.

It's the run game that was massively more effective last year than this year.

2017 12 rushing TDs ( 4-way tie for 15th in the NFL) and 16 passing TDs (27th).

Last year, 29 rushing TDs (1st in the NFL by a large margin) and 17 passing (27th).

The run game was the difference. Going from 27th in passing TDs last year all the way to ... um ... 27th in passing TDs this year doesn't exactly show a major difference.

I get what your saying and I disagree.

If your gonna put in the RBs we might as well just say the whole offense. Because oline exists and is virtually the same.

The rushing game took a nose dive. We all see it we all know it,  even the numbers show it but numbers dont always show the whole picture.

Tyrod did not have the same season this year as the passed 2. The Rex years our offense was top 10 in big plays and scoring when tyord was starting*. Not defending a boom or bust offense but when we hit, we hit big on long bombs and long runs, it was a huge relief watching us in 2015 after being bored to def by the marrone offenses and etc. 

Gone were the 70 yd 56 and 80 yd tds to anyone with speed. Gone were the 10, 15, 30 yd qb runs bc defenses didnt know if shady was going, if tyrod was going or if tyrod was gonna throw it.

So as far as getting production out of talent as flawed as they might be, our current OC just isnt there yet, and your stats damn him and Castillo and the decision to go zone blocking with our roster.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

I get what your saying and I disagree.

If your gonna put in the RBs we might as well just say the whole offense. Because oline exists and is virtually the same.

The rushing game took a nose dive. We all see it we all know it,  even the numbers show it but numbers dont always show the whole picture.

Tyrod did not have the same season this year as the passed 2. The Rex years our offense was top 10 in big plays and scoring when tyord was starting*. Not defending a boom or bust offense but when we hit, we hit big on long bombs and long runs, it was a huge relief watching us in 2015 after being bored to def by the marrone offenses and etc. 

Gone were the 70 yd 56 and 80 yd tds to anyone with speed. Gone were the 10, 15, 30 yd qb runs bc defenses didnt know if shady was going, if tyrod was going or if tyrod was gonna throw it.

So as far as getting production out of talent as flawed as they might be, our current OC just isnt there yet, and your stats damn him and Castillo and the decision to go zone blocking with our roster.

The big passing plays disappeared after year 1, not year 2.

2 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

The team got us to the playoffs not the QB.  

pretty sure TT is a part of that same team you're referring to. correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by 87168