Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

35 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

You are amazing

You are aware that Tyrod Taylor (at least for the moment) IS a part of the team right?

Well I am a human who understands things.

You think the Bills are in the playoffs because of Tyrod Taylor?

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The point is it’s dumb to say they got lucky and got in based on one play. Bottom line is the bills did what they needed to do to get in over the course of the season and the ravens didn’t. 

If people play this dumb game they could point back to any game the ravens lost and say “well we should thank Big Ben for that drive he had 4 weeks ago to beat the ravens. That’s the reason we are in the playoffs.” How foolish does that look?

posters are using it as a way to downplay what transpired yesterday and it just so happens the people doing so also seem to have an axe to grind with a certain player on the team and will stop at nothing while nit picking anything they can from the situation to be “right” about him. It’s sad really. 

I never said that they were lucky. I never said they got in based on one play. Their body of work was just enough to put them in position to get into the playoffs with some help. As the starting QB, Tyrod was a major contributor to the situation the Bills were in as time was running out in Baltimore. 

I only said that Andy Dalton was the guy that threw the TD pass that officially put the Bills in the playoffs. That is a factually correct and opinion-neutral statement. 

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The point is it’s dumb to say they got lucky and got in based on one play. Bottom line is the bills did what they needed to do to get in over the course of the season and the ravens didn’t. 

If people play this dumb game they could point back to any game the ravens lost and say “well we should thank Big Ben for that drive he had 4 weeks ago to beat the ravens. That’s the reason we are in the playoffs.” How foolish does that look?

posters are using it as a way to downplay what transpired yesterday and it just so happens the people doing so also seem to have an axe to grind with a certain player on the team and will stop at nothing while nit picking anything they can from the situation to be “right” about him. It’s sad really. 

FACTS!!

TALK TO EM STANK!!!

11 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Ok, great -- I appreciate you playing along here. 

I disagree with JAX, TEN, and BALT. Bortles has been far and away the better QB statistically for his career and Mariota had a bad season, but is younger with a much better skill set and higher ceiling. Flacco has a ring and could still conceivably run a more consistent passing offense better than Taylor -- however, that's definitely debatable and I can see going either way. However, I'll give those to you for the sake of this exercise. 

Oh, and the Jets depends on whether or not JMcC comes back or not. He's also been statistically better than Taylor overall for the past few years -- and that was playing for Cleveland and The NYJ.

So this means thatTaylor doesn't even crack the top 20 for you, correct? 

:lol:

No, he hasn't.

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

??

You didn't really just blame Tyrod for the Chargers game? 

Sure did. 

The kid should never have been forced into that situation. Taylor had multiple poor performances and the offense had become so useless with him under center that McDermott literally had no choice but to make a move to the rookie.

How is this factually incorrect?

What aboutTaylor's 56 yard/3 point performance against the Saints did you feel was particularly strong and compelling?

Or maybe you really liked the 74 passing yards that Taylor had amassed against Carolina before the final drive? Put up only 3 points in that game, too.

I know I'm partial to Nick O'leary leading all Bills receivers with 54 yards against Cincinnati. In that one, Tyrod piled up 166 passing yards, going 20/37 with a TD and 1 INT. But he protected the football better than Andy Dalton, who was 22/36 for 328 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTS. The Bills may have lost the game, but Tyrod won the turnover battle that day! 

So yes. Taylor was literally a garbage fire on multiple occasions this season and McDermott had to do something. Unfortunately, Peterman wasn't ready. But there was no chance that the Bills win that game with Taylor. Forget the Chargers defense... Rivers and Allen were operating on a level that Tyrod can't even see. That was a no-win situation at that point of the season. 

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

:lol:

No, he hasn't.

But yes... yes he has. 

in only 13 games this year, JMcC put up more yards and TDs than Tyrod did in 14.5 games.  Even had more rushing TDs too. 

Statistically, that would be better. 

JMcC has also averaged more passing yards per game than Taylor in previous seasons. Feel free to go look it up. 

Edited by twoandfourteen
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

The kid should never have been forced into that situation. Taylor had multiple poor performances and the offense had become so useless with him under center that McDermott literally had no choice but to make a move to the rookie.

Tyrod should never have been forced to be a pocket passer, because he is not one, and Dennison doesn't get this.  Dennison's insistence in making Tyrod stay in the pocket is a big reason why Tyrod has struggled to show production this year.  He was much better last year when allowed to play action and run around behind the line in an open offense format, which is his strength.

After the Saints game, McDermott and Dennison had a decision to make - either modify the offense to suit Tyrod's strengths, or keep the offense as is and take a chance that Peterman was ready.  They (though I suspect Dennison) chose the later and it nearly cost them a playoff spot.  I agree that Peterman should not have been put in that position; he proved that he was not ready to start in an NFL game at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Tyrod should never have been forced to be a pocket passer, because he is not one, and Dennison doesn't get this.  Dennison's insistence in making Tyrod stay in the pocket is a big reason why Tyrod has struggled to show production this year.  He was much better last year when allowed to play action and run around behind the line in an open offense format, which is his strength.

After the Saints game, McDermott and Dennison had a decision to make - either modify the offense to suit Tyrod's strengths, or keep the offense as is and take a chance that Peterman was ready.  They (though I suspect Dennison) chose the later and it nearly cost them a playoff spot.  I agree that Peterman should not have been put in that position; he proved that he was not ready to start in an NFL game at that point.

If they wanted that "3 step drop and ball-out" game to work they owed it to themselves to see what he could do with Watkins.

They'd been practicing together all offseason and that beginning of the preseason opener when Tyrod hit Watkins on 4 straight bullets was the ONLY time the entire season where it looked do-able.

There was plenty of tape on Taylor for them to know that he will not make tight throws to receivers unless he's comfortable with them and that it takes time for them to earn his trust.

That was the only chance it had of working.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I mean, you're reaching here... but it's still the most rational thing I've read from #teamtyrod. 

All I can say is that I would hope that after 7 seasons of professional football, including 2 as a full-time starter that a player like Taylor could adapt to any system a least to a level where he could produce 100 passing yards. 

I'm not criticizing the guy for not going for 450+ every game. Hell, I've given up entirely on Tyrod's quest for 300. But the multiple sub-100 yard performances, coupled with the multiple games with only 3 points scored was a new level of bad for the Bills offense. I don't care what system Rico throws Tyrod in. He should be able to complete 10 passes for an average of 10 yards each. 

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who’s the stubborn one?  

Why, because I refuse to pretend Turtle Taylor is a savior?

All too often the Bills won in spite of him and not because of him.  

40% of the games he played were under 16 points!!!

IIRC Wasn’t he also benched in one of those games?  

These are the “stats” that stand out and no his disguising stats trying to protect his passer rating.   

Why are you stubbornly clinging on?  

:worthy::worthy:

PS to transplant 

when I see turtle Taylor play all 4 quarters going 6 of 8 for 50 to 60 yards or better,  then I’ll change my opinion of him.  

That at is my issue.  He is not Hotrod   for the entire game. 

I started to buy in at 5-2 and then reality bit me on the buttocks.   

Fool me once 

Like I've said, you just don't get it.

I've been patient with you and tried explaining this in many different ways, but you've been lost to the ways of the Dark side. 

I'm not going to argue this point anymore with you. Your disdain for Taylor and your overt extremism regarding him has accelerated in the last couple months and there's just absolutely no hope for bringing you to reality.

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Ha. "a QB should not be forced to be a pocket passer"

The lack of football knowledge is embarrassing

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I mean, you're reaching here... but it's still the most rational thing I've read from #teamtyrod. 

All I can say is that I would hope that after 7 seasons of professional football, including 2 as a full-time starter that a player like Taylor could adapt to any system a least to a level where he could produce 100 passing yards. 

I'm not criticizing the guy for not going for 450+ every game. Hell, I've given up entirely on Tyrod's quest for 300. But the multiple sub-100 yard performances, coupled with the multiple games with only 3 points scored was a new level of bad for the Bills offense. I don't care what system Rico throws Tyrod in. He should be able to complete 10 passes for an average of 10 yards each. 

Which one are you Crush Nuts or Ball Sweat?

My guess is Crush Nuts.     Just can't get enough of this site huh?   Me either.

14 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Ha. "a QB should not be forced to be a pocket passer"

The lack of football knowledge is embarrassing

a WR shouldnt be forced to run scripted routes

a OL shouldnt be forced to follow his blocking assignment

a defender shouldnt be forced to defend his zone in zone coverage

Jeez, dont you know football!?

12 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

a WR shouldnt be forced to run scripted routes

a OL shouldnt be forced to follow his blocking assignment

a defender shouldnt be forced to defend his zone in zone coverage

Jeez, dont you know football?