Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

You need to understand that this didn't happen.

This is what I mean when I say it's the not-so-bright fans who are at the front of the Anti-Tyrod short bus.

In his make believe land, teams are allowed to tamper and make offers to players who are under contract. I have yet to see one statistical based, logical argument from any of the extreme anti-Taylor group.

1 minute ago, DaBills51 said:

This whole lack of 2nd half scoring issue is unique to this year. Which leads to it most likely not being just Tyrod. Are we going to ignore that the offense was tied for 10th in scoring last year and 12th the year before too? 

Crazy how posters blame Hotrod for the 2nd half of Gamez where we are ahead which has been often BTW. 

The Process is obviously to start fast,get ahead and sit on the football. Hotrods going with tnE plays that are called.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who’s the stubborn one?  

Why, because I refuse to pretend Turtle Taylor is a savior?

All too often the Bills won in spite of him and not because of him.  

40% of the games he played were under 16 points!!!

IIRC Wasn’t he also benched in one of those games?  

These are the “stats” that stand out and no his disguising stats trying to protect his passer rating.   

Why are you stubbornly clinging on?  

:worthy::worthy:

PS to transplant 

when I see turtle Taylor play all 4 quarters going 6 of 8 for 50 to 60 yards or better,  then I’ll change my opinion of him.  

That at is my issue.  He is not Hotrod   for the entire game. 

I started to buy in at 5-2 and then reality bit me on the buttocks.   

Fool me once 

It's starting to make sense now. You have decided what side you stand on and nothing will make you change your mind because "it's my opinion and this is America and it's my right"

Little things like receivers, scheme and protection do not matter because "Tyrod sucks. And he sucks because he doesn't throw into tight windows (he does), he doesn't throw guys open (he does) and you can't win with him (you can)"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, QB Bills said:

It's starting to make sense now. You have decided what side you stand on and nothing will make you change your mind because "it's my opinion and this is America and it's my right"

Little things like receivers, scheme and protection do not matter because "Tyrod sucks. And he sucks because he doesn't throw into tight windows (he does), he doesn't throw guys open (he does) and you can't win with him (you can)"

Image result for it's always sunny dug in

4 minutes ago, DaBills51 said:

There is no way to know why the Bills go into a shell, but I would have to assume it's more likely coaching. There is no way a QB starts as hot as Taylor did, throwing for over 100 yards in the 1st quarter and then says "whoa...I'm playing too good right now, need to pump the breaks". 

Guarantee Taylor isn't the one choosing to run the play clock down to 1 second in the 3rd quarter on each play. And then when they do call passes, call designed swing passes, screens, or other no read throws. I would agree that it's probably that Dennison doesn't trust him, but that makes no sense when he has been better at protecting the football then any QB over the last 3 years. 

This whole lack of 2nd half scoring issue is unique to this year. Which leads to it most likely not being just Tyrod. Are we going to ignore that the offense was tied for 10th in scoring last year and 12th the year before too? 

I have said I understand why teams get conservative and for good reason.  

I want to see TT drop back and pass the ball immediately, with anticipation to throw his guy open and not hesitate even a fraction of a sec and be too conservative.

3rd down #’s are way up yet red zone #’s are way down.   

Why is that?   

How can they be aggressive on 3rd and not RZ?  

I dont think it’s all on the play calling but the operator running said play.  

1 minute ago, DaBills51 said:

Image result for it's always sunny dug in

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Unfortunately, wilful ignorance has always been somewhat celebrated and extends beyond sports. Keeping people dumb benefits those at the top. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How do you figure? They were 9-7. He didn't start one game, a loss. 

Colts game too

12 minutes ago, DaBills51 said:

In his make believe land, teams are allowed to tamper and make offers to players who are under contract. I have yet to see one statistical based, logical argument from any of the extreme anti-Taylor group.

Tyrod Delusion Syndrome, or TDS, is a very real and very serious cognitive disorder. 

Fortunately for you, I am here to help. 

Start here by reading the first post in this thread three times a day for the next two weeks: 

Just watch Baker Mayfield today....  That's what I want in my next QB. 

Oh.....he has already thrown 1 TD and has made throws Taylor doesn't even dream of making on just his first possession.   I'd give up a ton to get this guy.

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Tyrod Delusion Syndrome, or TDS, is a very real and very serious cognitive disorder. 

Start here by reading the first post in this thread three times a day for the next two weeks: 

I would gladly read about this malady, but I have a playoff game to prepare for.

14 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Yards relate to attempts, but nice try. Pretty laughable stat to use. Taylor was 5th in 2015 in yards per attempt, then tied for 21st this year and in 2016. Not great, but not enough to try to throw yards out there and ignore metrics that actually have been shown to relate to winning. 

I presented you with one of the best metrics that correlates to wins, and provided evidence why. Then, I showed you that Taylor is the best in the league for that metric, but you continually choose to ignore it. You ignore it because you can't argue it. Now, is it because you don't want to, or is it because you don't have the mental capacity to do so, I don't know. 

The 4th quarter comebacks is an "issue", but it would be a bigger issue if it wasn't regarding a QB with a winning record as the Bills QB. 

That's the thing with the anti-Taylor group, you can't present a logical argument. Passing yards do not directly relate to winning. Ask the 2015 and 2016 Saints who led the league in passing both years and finished 7-9. Or even the 2014 Saints that finished 2nd in the league in passing, but once again, 7-9.

The more I look at the post the more laughable it gets. He points to Taylor holding on to the ball too long, and then notes the two above him are Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson. Hmm....those are two good quarterbacks, and both of them are mobile, hmmm....I wonder if there is any correlation. 

Nice try though, please come back soon. 

Edited by DaBills51

25 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

1. If by "tight windows" you mean "the receiver's shoes", then yes, you are correct. 

2. Yes, he does "throw guys open" -- Taylor does consistently find the NFL Films camera men and/or team trainers standing out of bounds on deep throws, even when there are players from the other team nearby. 

3. I agree, you can "win with him" -- as long as your own defense scores a TD in the game and doesn't allow the other team to score more than 21 points. You should really plan on not allowing more than 13, just to be on the safe side though. This approach, combined with Tyrod Taylor's ability to play QB should win you 1 out of every 2 games. 

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

1. If by "tight windows" you mean "the receiver's shoes", then yes, you are correct. 

2. Yes, he does "throw guys open" -- Taylor does consistently find the NFL Films camera men and/or team trainers standing out of bounds on deep throws, even when there are players from the other team nearby. 

3. I agree, you can "win with him" -- as long as your own defense scores a TD in the game and doesn't allow the other team to score more than 21 points. You should really plan on not allowing more than 13, just to be on the safe side though. This approach, combined with Tyrod Taylor's ability to play QB should win you 1 out of every 2 games. 

At this point, you’re just making stuff up to try and make a point. We get it....you don’t like Taylor. But one thing you can’t deny is the fact he’s the first Bills QB in the last 17 years to lead them to the playoffs.  That’s undeniable. 

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

This approach, combined with Tyrod Taylor's ability to play QB should win you 1 out of every 2 games. 

Except if we did that this year we'd have been 7-7 in games he started and mulling over an 18 year drought. Instead we were 8-6 and PLAYOFFS!. And in his career as starter he'd be 21-22, but actually is 23-20.

But,nice try anyway.

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

This approach, combined with Tyrod Taylor's ability to play QB should win you 1 out of every 2 games. 

Except if we did that this year we'd have been 7-7 in games he started and mulling over an 18 year drought. Instead we were 8-6 and PLAYOFFS!. And in his career as starter he'd be 21-22, but actually is 23-20.

But,nice try anyway.

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

But,nice try anyway.

But,nice try anyway.

This is practically the definition of "splitting hairs", ladies & gentlemen. 

17 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

At this point, you’re just making stuff up to try and make a point. We get it....you don’t like Taylor. But one thing you can’t deny is the fact he’s the first Bills QB in the last 17 years to lead them to the playoffs.  That’s undeniable. 

This is true. Taylor was, in fact, the starting QB of the first Bills team to make the playoffs in nearly two decades. I give Taylor full credit for that. 

It's also undeniable that Andy Dalton -- a legitimate starting QB -- actually threw the 49 yard TD pass that put the Bills in the playoffs. 

So, it's not quite the same as a real starting QB "leading his team" to the playoffs... but I'll gladly take what I can get after all this time. Taylor did what he needed to do yesterday and everything worked out for us all. It's a nice change of pace, right? 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

As I've said all year... The Bills go into a shell on offense when they get a lead. 

Its by design. Most fans here who blamed that on Tyrod were either wasted during the game or not even watching the game and just checking the box score.

Its McDermotts style. Ultra conservative Jauron ball. Get a lead, maintain it and play defense. 

That style of play is a big reason for why the offensive rankings are so poor.

Exactly. You can see the playcalls before they come. 

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good for him. I really believe 9-7 is pretty much his ceiling unless you have a top 5 defense, but good for him. He never will lose us games like Blake Bortles might this week.  

I never thought I'd type it but I think we may have the advantage in a playoff game at qb!

You are wising up after being the greatest Dick Jauron apologist ever..........but Tyrod should have been 9-7 in both of the past two years........and neither year did he have a good defense.     His ceiling with a top 5 defense and the right complementary offensive talent(like some WR's that can get deep) is the Super Bowl.    Lesser QB'd teams have gotten to and won them.    That bothers people but it's not saying as much as it sounds.   It's just the reality.

45 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

This guy claimed a couple days ago joe Webb was a more viable option than Taylor at this point. 

Just so everyone knows what you’re dealing with if you get into any sort of spat with him. 

JOE MF’ing WEBB. 

• Haha (+1) 1