Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

13 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I watched last two games not impressed ?

Neither was I. Have a hunch you will see a much different team on Sunday.

10 hours ago, Bills Fiend said:

I spent a good deal of time trying to be a peacemaker between groups, and while there are many !@#$ Bills fans... Now, I'm seriously considering the drive down(without tickets) just to bust a few heads, in general the fandom of the Jax Fags is disgusting... Folks without any honor, maybe needing a good old fashioned lesson in how to act right

Just curious where this came from? I have always felt that any fan for any team who goes to games to pick fights is doing a disservice to their fan base and their team. On the whole, I find our fans to be fairly cordial. Even sitting here in the lion's den, I try to be respectful. I don't assume every Bills fan is a donkey. As someone who has been on our team's primary message board for over a decade, I can attest there are a few there I could do without. I would hope you don't judge our fans by a few loudmouths. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2018-01-05 at 7:34 AM, SwagJag said:

Just curious where this came from? I have always felt that any fan for any team who goes to games to pick fights is doing a disservice to their fan base and their team. On the whole, I find our fans to be fairly cordial. Even sitting here in the lion's den, I try to be respectful. I don't assume every Bills fan is a donkey. As someone who has been on our team's primary message board for over a decade, I can attest there are a few there I could do without. I would hope you don't judge our fans by a few loudmouths. 

I support this sentiment. I try and attend an away game every season. I haven't made it to JAX YET, but I have never received a rude welcome aside from a few drunks that just yelled things in passing. Keep it cordial and support your team. Fighting over football is dumb neanderthal stuff.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I'm sure you do.  It won't last.  He will alienate the building, and press, and his message will get stale with the players.  He's too much of a disciplinarian for today's pro game.  He'll end up back in the college ranks where the kids have to listen to him.  Maybe you will catch lightning in a bottle before then.

Other than that I have no problem with your franchise.  If you beat us, and the Steelers again, I'll hope like hell that you take out the Pats*

I think him being named HC is the best thing that could have happened for this team. Gus Bradley was a player's coach to the degree the team was not playing to their potential. Players griped at how grueling our training camp was, but weeks later said it better prepared them for the season. He will be here a while. He has been extremely good with the local press. Coughlin is also there, so players are very disciplined in the building. He did ok in New York with "today's pro game." This team under Gus was coddled and soft. Now they are starting to play up to their potential and it is starting to show on the field.

9 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I’m on the plane to JAX. Let’s go! This is happening. This is really happening! 

As the saying goes, "Welcome to Duval. Prepare to be hit."

No seriously, I hope you enjoy your trip and our city. Stay away from the northside, the westside and downtown and you should be golden.

Edited by SwagJag

9 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I’m on the plane to JAX. Let’s go! This is happening. This is really happening! 

Driving down tomorrow from NC. Got 8 of us coming from NC and VA. Rumor has it I-95 is a mess.

21 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

Neither was I. Have a hunch you will see a much different team on Sunday.

Right, because this Jags team has such a rich history of excellence and know they can turn it on and off at a moment's notice.  Look, I'm willing to grant you that the Jag D is potent, but you also need to acknowledge that five of the six teams they held to 10 pts. or less were the Colts without Luck (twice), the Texans without Deshaun (twice), and the Browns.

They beat up on some bad teams to create that gaudy point differential and they really only have one "signature" win -- and it came three months ago.

11 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

I think him being named HC is the best thing that could have happened for this team. Gus Bradley was a player's coach to the degree the team was not playing to their potential. Players griped at how grueling our training camp was, but weeks later said it better prepared them for the season. He will be here a while. He has been extremely good with the local press. Coughlin is also there, so players are very disciplined in the building. He did ok in New York with "today's pro game." This team under Gus was coddled and soft. Now they are starting to play up to their potential and it is starting to show on the field.

As the saying goes, "Welcome to Duval. Prepare to be hit."

No seriously, I hope you enjoy your trip and our city. Stay away from the northside, the westside and downtown and you should be golden.

Gus Bradley is the foil to Marrone. Very likeable guy, terrible head coach. So likeable that he got four years somehow. Marrone is not a coach that players feel chummy with, but he knows how to coach. 

It was similar to Rex here. Rex was more a more polarizing character of course, but again he was a so-called players coach that lost the will to do the hard work. If we didn't have the roster turnover this year I think we would have done better, but I am very pleased with the outcome of McDermott's first year and hope it continues as we build more talent into roster.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Right, because this Jags team has such a rich history of excellence and know they can turn it on and off at a moment's notice.  Look, I'm willing to grant you that the Jag D is potent, but you also need to acknowledge that five of the six teams they held to 10 pts. or less were the Colts without Luck (twice), the Texans without Deshaun (twice), and the Browns.

They beat up on some bad teams to create that gaudy point differential and they really only have one "signature" win -- and it came three months ago.

Technically DeShaun played the 2nd half in Week 1. He was 12-23 for a TD and an INT to go with the 4 sacks he took.  

Look..  I get it.  You don't believe. As someone who has seen this franchise perrenially playing the role of Lucy Van Pelt holding the snap for Charlie Brown, my faith has been shaky over the years too. But I have all the confidence in the world that the offensive game plan will be much less vanilla than what you may have seen the last two games.

QUICK HITS: MCCOY LIMITED IN PRACTICE

mccoy-12-10-story.jpg

The plan Friday is for LeSean McCoy to do a bit more than he did Thursday and see how his recovering ankle responds.

7 THINGS TO WATCH FOR IN THE BILLS-JAGS AFC WILD CARD GAME THIS WEEKEND

010518-weekend-lookahead.jpg

As we head into the weekend, John Murphy gives his definitive breakdown on what will propel Buffalo to victory in this weekend's wild card match-up.