Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

44 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

At this point I am convinced this will be a home game for Buffalo with a whopping 50,000 Bills fans in attendance. That your fans travel well and will have a presence in the stadium still means nothing to what the actual players on the field are doing. 

From what I gather, some of you feel your bravado and superior cheering skills will give the Bills the edge to overcome the fact that your team ranks in the bottom third on offense and defense and is facing a team in the top 6 in both categories. Sure..  any given Sunday and all that, but the odds are clearly stacked against a Bills victory everywhere except this thread. Just ask Vegas. Could it happen? Sure. But the brimming confidence some are showing is not what one would expect from a team that is clearly flawed and whose best offensive weapon will be less than 100%, if he plays at all, behind a bottom tier OL. That must be some special kool-aid you make up there. 

It is. 17 year Single Malt Drought Reserve. I wouldn't wish the wait during the aging process on anyone (except Pats fans, they can never have any playoff kool aid ever again and it would be too soon), but it tastes undeniably great.

As far as the rest of the post, I think it's a winnable game for us, but I'm significantly less confident in the result than I am that there will be 20k bills fans there. Your offense  vs. our defense doesn't really scare me, I think we can do enough to neutralize the run game and Bortles' penchant for ints plays into the strength of our secondary. I'm much more worried about if we can move the ball on offense against your D, however.

Edited by Chandemonium

3 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

The Jags locked up the playoffs weeks ago. A faction of Bills fans want to add Andy Dalton to the Ring of Honor for such an improbable playoff berth. The Jags come into the postseason with 55 sacks going against the third most sacked QB in the league. Talking stats and players is a lot more fun than talking travelling fans.

I would like to talk some football instead of attendance..

Reasons for Bills fans optimism:

- the Jags got to play the texans twice (neither time with Watson), the Colts twice, a mediocre Titans team twice, The Browns, The Ravens (who never got off the plane in London, and also really aren't a good team), the 49ers (who lit the Jags up), The Jets, The Cardinals and the Bucs...you guys def. have some defensive talent BUT you SHOULD be ranked as the best D in the NFL with that schedule. We havent had the hardest schedule either, and thats why we are in the playoffs...we just recognize it, where as it seems you do not

- your offense is not good. Yes you led the NFL in rushing yards, thats cool...thats what you SHOULD do when you have a cupcake schedule, a good running game and a ball control offensive mindset. Who is a playmaker for you outside of Fournette? They are all hurt

- your line is a little banged up and not really that good (you say we have a bottom tier O-line??? right side has been shaky but getting better...I would take our o-line over yours in a heartbeat though)

- Blake Bortles is your QB, and while he COULD show up as the Blake Bortles who had like four good weeks this season, his track record says he will probably melt down and cough up a couple turnovers 

I am by no means saying the Bills will win this game, or even saying the Bills have a good team. I am just sharing our fan bases reasons for optimism. Better team will win on Sunday.

48 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

At this point I am convinced this will be a home game for Buffalo with a whopping 50,000 Bills fans in attendance. That your fans travel well and will have a presence in the stadium still means nothing to what the actual players on the field are doing. 

From what I gather, some of you feel your bravado and superior cheering skills will give the Bills the edge to overcome the fact that your team ranks in the bottom third on offense and defense and is facing a team in the top 6 in both categories. Sure..  any given Sunday and all that, but the odds are clearly stacked against a Bills victory everywhere except this thread. Just ask Vegas. Could it happen? Sure. But the brimming confidence some are showing is not what one would expect from a team that is clearly flawed and whose best offensive weapon will be less than 100%, if he plays at all, behind a bottom tier OL. That must be some special kool-aid you make up there. 

Yes, we tend towards over enthusiasm, but I will argue that 20,000 fans is not out of the question. I could understand how the enthusiasm here could irritate you as a fan of another team, but the bravado is well earned.

Trust me, there are plenty of fans here who are nervous about how this game could go if our team is not firing on all cylinders, but after a 17 year drought we are going to be as optimistic and excited as possible heading into this weekend.  

Not sure if this has been posted yet but my buddy sent me this McCoy update. Not sure where he got it. I’m not super hip to social media other than Facebook. lol. 

Big news for early risers: #Bills RB LeSean McCoy’s ankle injury is NOT a high ankle sprain, per source. That doesn’t necessarily mean he will be able to play but the odds are much better with it being a regular sprain vs high sprain. He’s listed as day-to-day

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet but my buddy sent me this McCoy update. Not sure where he got it. I’m not super hip to social media other than Facebook. lol. 

Big news for early risers: #Bills RB LeSean McCoy’s ankle injury is NOT a high ankle sprain, per source. That doesn’t necessarily mean he will be able to play but the odds are much better with it being a regular sprain vs high sprain. He’s listed as day-to-day

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

no high ankle sprain IS HUGE news....I bet thats what McDermott was talking about on Monday morning when he said "we got good news this morning" 

this is really good news,  doesn't guarantee he plays Sunday, but its still really good news 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You're more than welcome here.  Ignore the mouth-breathers, we have a lot of them here lately.

I was just being honest comparing his initially post. 

I bet you waited a whole season to use  a Stranger Things line

...good job! Glad to see Bills fans who are scared still here. I don't expect a win and I don't expect a loss. Both teams aren't going anywhere but neither is much better. Our qb can move...that hurts their defense but we can't throw. They have a good rb apparently and we allow runs but their qb sucks and they lost their last 2 and that's hurts regardless for them. 

It's up in the air st this point

Let the REAL Bills fans enjoy this one..

Been 2 decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

no high ankle sprain IS HUGE news....I bet thats what McDermott was talking about on Monday morning when he said "we got good news this morning" 

this is really good news,  doesn't guarantee he plays Sunday, but its still really good news 

Yep, we're going to really need him in Foxboro next week.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ahhh, there it is 26CB...the infamous “disrespect” fo trading Dareus for a 5th rounder. Now are you seriously going to maintain Malik Jackson came up with that himself, or is it possible MD99 has been saying it for weeks and now has a teammate willing to say it in public?? ?

How many playoff teams did Jacksonville beat?  One.  Yes, they waxed Pittsburgh in W5 but they only played four playoff teams and lost to three of them (Tennessee twice and the Rams).  They also play in the weakest division in football -- Tennessee included.

The Bills won two road games against playoff teams (Atlanta, KC) and played six games against playoff competition.

After all of this the Jags finished a whopping ONE game ahead of Buffalo.

Stats are for losers.  This game is a toss up. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Ahhh, there it is 26CB...the infamous “disrespect” fo trading Dareus for a 5th rounder. Now are you seriously going to maintain Malik Jackson came up with that himself, or is it possible MD99 has been saying it for weeks and now has a teammate willing to say it in public?? ?

It's not quite as disrespectful as the head coach quitting and stealing money

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. Stats and numbers. Which is why I referenced strength of schedule and there one more win on the season. Or we can talk about bortles doing his thing the last 2 weeks and now having to face the top int safety duo in the nfl. YES PLEASE.... The jags were still playing for a bye when they got man handled by the niners. And obviously wanted last week as it seems like they freakin hate the titans 

And the dalton play wouldn’t mean jack squat if it happened a month ago. People wouldn’t be talking about it like they are. Bottom line is OVER THE WHOLE SEASON. The bills did what they needed to in order to get in. The ravens didn’t. Should I thank whomever beat the ravens back in September? Or maybe pin the whole season on big bens drive to beat them 4 weeks ago?

I just said the jags should be favored but I’m sorry if I’m not quaking in my boots over a team that came out of the afc south at 10-6. Not happening. 

Your brimming self-confidence is duly noted. Should you want to thank whomever beat the Ravens in September, you're welcome.

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

It is. 17 year Single Malt Drought Reserve. I wouldn't wish the wait during the aging process on anyone (except Pats fans, they can never have any playoff kool aid ever again and it would be too soon), but it tastes undeniably great.

As far as the rest of the post, I think it's a winnable game for us, but I'm significantly less confident in the result than I am that there will be 20k bills fans there. Your offense  vs. our defense doesn't really scare me, I think we can do enough to neutralize the run game and Bortles' penchant for ints plays into the strength of our secondary. I'm much more worried about if we can move the ball on offense against your D, however.

Our offense vs. your defense shouldn't probably scare you. The truth is our defense has been so dominant they have set our offense up and in some games just taken over the game. The Bills offense ranked 29th in scoring and is going against a defense that gave up the second fewest points per game all year. That should be the story line of the game. In order to win, I think the Bills will need to sustain long drives, make explosive plays or wait for the Jags to make a mistake that can be capitalized on. I think some Bills fans are too caught up on the possibility of that last scenario happening than focusing on how they first two will take place against this defense. Stopping the run to put the pressure on Blake is the same game plan every team has had for three years. The Bills have been one of the least successful defenses when it comes to stopping the run. The Jags are getting back some key players this week who I think will help to do enough for the offense to keep the clock moving. If the Jags need to play a field position game, we are comfortable with that as we believe our defense will do what it needs to to give the offense more chances. If the Jags get up by two scores, the game is all but over as teams commonly abandon the run and play to our defensive strengths.

Edited by SwagJag

4 minutes ago, eball said:

How many playoff teams did Jacksonville beat?  One.  Yes, they waxed Pittsburgh in W5 but they only played four playoff teams and lost to three of them (Tennessee twice and the Rams).  They also play in the weakest division in football -- Tennessee included.

The Bills won two road games against playoff teams (Atlanta, KC) and played six games against playoff competition.

After all of this the Jags finished a whopping ONE game ahead of Buffalo.

Stats are for losers.  This game is a toss up. 

Remember when the Jags had to play Brady and the Pats twice a year? Me neither. 

Ranking the NFL's 12 playoff QBs: Brady, Brees, then who?

9. Blake BortlesJacksonville Jaguars

Regular-season stats:315-for-523 (60.2 percent), 3,687 yards, 21 TDs, 13 INTs, 55.5 Total QBR

It was a dull finish to the regular season for Bortles, who threw five of his 13 interceptions in the final two games. But that shouldn't cloud what was a bounce-back year for him, as his confidence escalated in the first full season under head coach Doug Marrone. The run-heavy offense was never going to be a high-arsenal passing attack, but Bortles functioned well within his designated role and had highlight moments in a three-game December win streak that helped cement the Jaguars' playoff spot.

10. Tyrod TaylorBuffalo Bills

Regular-season stats: 263-for-420 (62.6 percent), 2,799 yards, 14 TDs, 4 INTs, 56.4 Total QBR

Taylor triggers quarterback-evaluation debates frequently. His own team benched him despite a 5-4 start, something that didn't last long after backup Nathan Peterman threw five first-half interceptions. But like Bortles, Taylor did well in the role he was asked to play in the Buffalo offense. The Bills were the only NFL team to run the football more than pass it in 2017, leaning heavily on LeSean McCoy as the focal point. Taylor isn't the kind of quarterback to routinely carry his offense, but he's protective of the ball (he has thrown just four interceptions this season) and is a unique threat on both designed runs and scrambles.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

Your brimming self-confidence is duly noted. Should you want to thank whomever beat the Ravens in September, you're welcome.

Our offense vs. your defense shouldn't probably scare you. The truth is our defense has been so dominant they have set our offense up and in some games just taken over the game. The Bills offense ranked 29th in scoring and is going against a defense that gave up the second fewest points per game all year. That should be the story line of the game. In order to win, I think the Bills will need to sustain long drives, make explosive plays or wait for the Jags to make a mistake that can be capitalized on. I think some Bills fans are too caught up on the possibility of that last scenario happening than focusing on how they first two will take place against this defense. Stopping the run to put the pressure on Blake is he same game plan every team has had for three years. The Bills have been one of the least successful defenses when it comes to stopping the run. The Jags are getting back some key players this week who I think will help to do enough for the offense to keep the clock moving. If the Jags need to play a field position game, we are comfortable with that as we believe our defense will do what it needs to to give the offense more chances. If the Jags get up by two scores, the game is all but over as teams commonly abandon the run and play to our defensive strengths.

if either teams goes up by two scores, the game is likely over in favor of that team...both offenses are the same, good running teams, ball control, iffy QB play...big difference is ours doesnt make TOs 

both teams have reason to worry / be nervous and also be excited / confident 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

if either teams goes up by two scores, the game is likely over in favor of that team...both offenses are the same, good running teams, ball control, iffy QB play...big difference is ours doesnt make TOs 

both teams have reason to worry / be nervous and also be excited / confident 

I think there are an incredible amount of similarities between these two teams, but I think Jax has the better total roster. If Blake doesn't turn the ball over, I do not see the Jags losing this game. Tyrod isn't exactly a TD machine and he gets sacked a lot. The thing that actually worries me the most is the defensive scheme you run as it has given Blake issues in the past. I think once the Jags clinched the post season, they trimmed the playbook down to save some things for the playoffs. Everybody knows Blake needs to play like he was in early December for this team to make any sort of run. When he makes good decisions, he is not nearly as awful as some make him out to be, and he is more dangerous with his legs than a lot of people give him credit for.