Thank You Buffalo Bills!

BuffaloBillyG

Here we go!

At this point in the day it's not clear if we have playoff football ahead of us or an 18th season of disappointment. "And yet I smile"

My wife and I have an agreement. She will leave me alone on Sunday's (no family plans, house repairs or company) until the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention. This year before the season I told her she could likely plan to have me available after about week 10. I did not have high hopes. 

Here we are in week 17. Playing a meaningful game. Whether we make it in or not I truly believe this season was a step in the right direction. And while I will concede that we have been 1 McCoy injury away from destruction I see a lot to be excited about next year. It's AMAZING what a group of "talentless scrubs"  have accomplished. It's amazing to see a "clueless" rookie head coach leading the team to an exciting season conclusion... possibly even a winning season record wise. 

So thank you to the 2017 Buffalo Bills. It may not have always been pretty but it's been an extremely fun ride. Hopefully with more weeks to come!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Agreed.  I just feel good about the coach and GM.   I was completely bummed when they got crushed three games running in the middle of the season, but McD got them back on track.  I'll be thrilled if today plays out right, but not so disappointed if it doesn't, because at a minimum the team looks like it's on the right track  

• Like (+1) 1

Something about this year just seems different. Like the Bills are really on the right track. First time I've felt this good in many years! However the playoff scenario works out today, Win or Lose, I am excited for what the off-season, draft and next season brings. GO BILLS!!!!!!

Well said.  We have overachieved.  While he’s made some puzzling in game decisions and they traded some players I may not have traded, the results of the season cannot be understated.  It’s been a great season and one that I’ve enjoyed to the fullest.  Just hope to build on it next year

Idk man. Thank you for what? 18 likely years of trash and we are still here. 

21 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Agreed.  I just feel good about the coach and GM.   I was completely bummed when they got crushed three games running in the middle of the season, but McD got them back on track.  I'll be thrilled if today plays out right, but not so disappointed if it doesn't, because at a minimum the team looks like it's on the right track  

Those three games where McFlawed did not have his team ready will likely cost us a spot this year.

Btw, take a peak at next year's schedule...yeesh.

24 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Those three games where McFlawed did not have his team ready will likely cost us a spot this year.

And those other 7 games in which we had less talent than the opposition and McFlawed got them ready likely put us in postion to make the playoffs.  The prediction was 3-4 wins.  We have 8...... but our coach/GM are flawed.  Obviously

46 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Yeesh. I hope I don’t run into you at any parties tonight. Total buzz kill 

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

Remember when last year we looked at this year's schedule and said yeesh? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

• Like (+1) 1

For starters, your wife is a much better negotiator than you to get you to agree to that deal. Smart woman.

While I am happy that the team over achieved I am not ready to thank the Bills or rejoice. Until the drought is over this organization deserves no credit. On the flip side, this current regime is just starting so they also don't deserve a lot of criticism and they do deserve some time and leeway. But patting them on the back for a solid first year is like awarding a participation trophy. Show me the baby.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Couldn't agree more, Shaw. What they've gotten out of this roster has me excited for what this can be going forward with another offseason to build!

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Remember when last year we looked at this year's schedule and said yeesh? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

When I look at the schedule and see a bunch of teams that haven't done **** yet like the bucs, raiders, etc, I don't take it seriously.  

When I see Aaron Rodgers, Drew Stafford, the strong Vikings, and Tom terrific twice is a given, it's tough. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

And those other 7 games in which we had less talent than the opposition and McFlawed got them ready likely put us in postion to make the playoffs.  The prediction was 3-4 wins.  We have 8...... but our coach/GM are flawed.  Obviously

Objectively, it was very easy to find 7-8 wins on the schedule and many posters here expected it. Why are we giving so much credit to predictions we also bash here?