Do You Find a Correlation When Your Favorite Teams Win?

Yesterday I was rooting for Team USA and they had a big come-from-behind victory (wearing Bills jerseys, btw) over Canada at New Era. Then, the Sabres had an improbable overtime victory on the road versus the Devils. Those wins make me feel better about the game in Miami tomorrow.

I've found that on weekends when teams I root for win, like the Sabres, Orange and Bonnies, the Bills often follow suit. Conversely, when those teams lose the Bills seem to go down in flames, too.

Just curious if any of you have that same feeling when the teams you root for in other sports win just before a Bills game?

I know it's a reach, but I'll take any juju we can get this weekend.

Squish the fish, end the drought.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1

There have been a few Sundays in which the Mets end up scoring more points than the Bills, with both teams losing.  Being a fan of both of these teams often makes me wonder which notorious serial killer I was in a former life to have earned this sentence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I do seem to find to a correlation between winnging and losing between the teams that I root for. I am uber superstitious though. Hopefully it means the Bonnies win this afternoon over Umass and of course the Bills win and everyone else that needs to loses tomorrow to gets us into the playoffs.

Go Bonnies, keep that train a rolling.

48 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There have been a few Sundays in which the Mets end up scoring more points than the Bills, with both teams losing.  Being a fan of both of these teams often makes me wonder which notorious serial killer I was in a former life to have earned this sentence.

I am a fan of the Mets as well. I sure hope the Bills really do turn things around now because the Mets aren't sniffing the Post Season any time soon. Not with El Cheapo-Wilpon, El Cheapo 2-Alderson and now Spend every penny we have-Minaya back in the fold. It does not look like a match made in heaven that's for sure.

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Yesterday I was rooting for Team USA and they had a big come-from-behind victory (wearing Bills jerseys, btw) over Canada at New Era. Then, the Sabres had an improbable overtime victory on the road versus the Devils. Those wins make me feel better about the game in Miami tomorrow.

I've found that on weekends when teams I root for win, like the Sabres, Orange and Bonnies, the Bills often follow suit. Conversely, when those teams lose the Bills seem to go down in flames, too.

Just curious if any of you have that same feeling when the teams you root for in other sports win just before a Bills game?

I know it's a reach, but I'll take any juju we can get this weekend.

Squish the fish, end the drought.

Its funny, yesterday a coworker and I had a conversation about correlation of events and fav team win/loss.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yes definitely not for the faint of heart.

Perhaps it builds thicker skin?

I haven't noticed such a correlation, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't exist if I paid closer attention.

I suspect we will win our game in Miami, and the Bengals will have Baltimore on the ropes the entire game, an upset in the making...only to have Baltimore find a way to win it in the dying seconds, just when we all think the drought is finally going to be over.

Anything less painful is inconceivable to me.

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I haven't noticed such a correlation, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't exist if I paid closer attention.

I suspect we will win our game in Miami, and the Bengals will have Baltimore on the ropes the entire game, an upset in the making...only to have Baltimore find a way to win it in the dying seconds, just when we all think the drought is finally going to be over.

More so than the Bengals winning and us choking in the 4th quarter 

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I know the feeling, but I truly hope that if we don't make it the reason isn't so gut-wrenching.