A few thoughts about the Patriots game

Virgil

34 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

16-16 Man and Tyrod did not score a TD once. The D gave up IMO and I do not blame them, all Tyrod did was protect his stats the entire second half.

You give no blame to the defence for giving up 37 points and not stopping them once in the 2nd half?.... lol

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

You give no blame to the defence for giving up 37 points and not stopping them once in the 2nd half?.... lol

Yeah in the 4th quarter when your QB can do nothing it is your Ds fault for not stopping a HOF (some say the best ever)QB from scoring. Why blame our QB that couldn't keep the score close at that time of the game. Winners win and losers lose, welcome to the life of Tyrod.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Yeah in the 4th quarter when your QB can do nothing it is your Ds fault for not stopping a HOF (some say the best ever)QB from scoring. Why blame our QB that couldn't keep the score close at that time of the game. Winners win and losers lose, welcome to the life of Tyrod.

It's BOTH their faults 

It seems like every game the Bills start their first offensive series marching down the field with a good balanced attack.

Probably because that's what they practice all week......

Then, if they score early, they continue to look organized, until the 2nd half, when they look totally confused.

At that point the Defense caves in and the game is over for us.

Taylor needs to make faster decisions.  Either throw it, or run it, but don't stand there all day looking for someone to get wide open, my god man!  Have some pocket awareness.

Some of those play calls... my goodness Dennison, pull your head out!  I'm on board with looking for a new OC in the off-season.

The defensive front seven has major problems.  Love Kyle, all effort, but he's lost a step and he can't do everything all by himself.  No pass rush whatsoever and can't stop a nose bleed in the run game.  They get pushed all over the field and can't get off blocks at all.  That whole unit needs to be replaced.

Refs didn't help, but wouldn't have made any difference.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

It's BOTH their faults 

Fine it is both at fault BUT....

The D held us in the game to the 4th quarter while Tyrod did absolutely nothing in the 3rd and 4th. In fact all Tyrod did was get field goals in the first, the D even outplayed Tyrod in the first by being the ones that scored the TD that had us tied

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Fine it is both at fault BUT....

The D held us in the game to the 4th quarter while Tyrod did absolutely nothing in the 3rd and 4th. In fact all Tyrod did was get field goals in the first, the D even outplayed Tyrod in the first by being the ones that scored the TD that had us tied

However you want to spit it, 16 points isn't good enough to beat NE (including the pick 6)

But 37 points and not stopping them once in the 2nd half isn't good enough either 

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Brady threw one ball up to Gronk that got PI. Other than that, Brady relied on the ground game and it worked for him. 

Brady had 3 and outs, missed passes, but had better support.  QB’s miss passes.  

Thinking this loss was all on Tyrod is ridiculous 

The only thing I have to hold against Tyrod was the fifteen yard sack he took. A flick of the ball out of bounds  saves us the Tolbert run on the 2/25 that followed.

He does need to throw sooner as suggested by Romo.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Lol you try playing against 18 all game you clown.

Ahh name calling.. that so beneath you! And please, your team had plenty of chances. Then vanished in the second half. The ONLY call in the second half that hurt the Bills was the PI which was obvious PI.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Ahh name calling.. that so beneath you! And please, your team had plenty of chances. Then vanished in the second half. The ONLY call in the second half that hurt the Bills was the PI which was obvious PI.

Benjamin TD. Phantom OPI. 4th and 1. 

It’s no use talking football with Patriots fans, you guys just don’t understand how the game works. So of course you look at the second half and say ‘well gee, you guys just didn’t do anything at all there’ without understanding how a few timely bad calls completely change the course of the rest of the game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Whether your points are valid or not any Bills fan posting on this board has a right to call you a name if they want, you pathetic patsie troll.

43 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod wasn’t an issue in the game for me and wasn’t why we lost.  Rather than make this a TT discussion, like they always turn into, I left him out.  

He he had two TD’s dropped or overturned. He had terrible play calls or covered receivers.  He missed some throws, but so did Brady. He had a good stat line and there were way worse concerns on the field. 

You csn can pin it on Tyrod if you want, but you’d be wrong 

Sadly, I wanted the same thing 

He isn't wrong.

While Tyrod didn't do much to lose the game he also went invisible for a half like he does in many games. I yearn for the day when the Buffalo Bills can hang with a team like the Patriots and score right along with them. Tyrod is a nice bridge QB that will work along with a great run game, Oline, defense. Once the team gets behind you can't expect him to pull out a win. He isn't Russell Wilson or even a Dak Prescott. I suspect that if the Bills had a better backup QB over a rookie that Taylor would have stayed benched. 

#9 & 10 are both about the current OC along with the QB. Some fans want the Bills to find a QB who will fit into Dennison's scheme. I think that is rubbish as the OC should be able to adapt to the players on the roster and build a scheme to best fit his players. The Bills need a better QB and offensive play caller. 

Lastly, NE RB Dion Lewis 24 carries, 129 yards, 1 TD for a 5.4 YPC avg says all you need to know about the Bills defense in this game.

P.S. good job in taking over for Bill.

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

He isn't wrong.

While Tyrod didn't do much to lose the game he also went invisible for a half like he does in many games. I yearn for the day when the Buffalo Bills can hang with a team like the Patriots and score right along with them. Tyrod is a nice bridge QB that will work along with a great run game, Oline, defense. Once the team gets behind you can't expect him to pull out a win. He isn't Russell Wilson or even a Dak Prescott. I suspect that if the Bills had a better backup QB over a rookie that Taylor would have stayed benched. 

#9 & 10 are both about the current OC along with the QB. Some fans want the Bills to find a QB who will fit into Dennison's scheme. I think that is rubbish as the OC should be able to adapt to the players on the roster and build a scheme to best fit his players. The Bills need a better QB and offensive play caller. 

Lastly, NE RB Dion Lewis 24 carries, 129 yards, 1 TD for a 5.4 YPC avg says all you need to know about the Bills defense in this game.

P.S. good job in taking over for Bill.

Thank you. 

Would a great QB have won this for us?  Maybe.  But is TT the reason we lost?  No.  

That’s the difference. He neither won nor lost the game for us. 

Totally spot on! On to a few things I would like to point out!

1. Washington and Thorton (DT’s) have no business playing in the NFL. Not only cant they get off blocks but their tackling leaves alot to be desired.

2. A good offense always needs some disguise at times- anyone else notice our RG rock back everytime we passed? You sure now the cheats saw it if I did.

3. TT did some good things but some really bad stuff as well- refused to throw it away and took sacks (2 and 25). 

4. Our LB Corps might be the worst in the NFL- their not good in so many areas that it is too many to mention. 

5. Shady, KW, Wood, Poyer, and Hyde played their hearts out- props to them.

6. Piggy back on Tolbert- hang up them cleats!!!!

7. Brandon Tate has no speed- why not Deonte on Kick offs? 

- 18 years and counting- we are all stuck in this purgatory together and hopefully things change soon. Today I decided I most likely wont renew my seasons next year, not beacause im bitter just because I can spend my money elsewhere instead of a very corrupt NFL.

1 hour ago, Lionel Hutz said:

This team is weak and not surprising they are letting the patsies run up the score with no repercussions. They leave Brady and gronk in the game because they know the bills won’t do anything but sit there and take it like a b****. We are the doormat of the AFCE. 

Pats' offense AND defense are decimated with injuries. If the Bills were going to make any statement, this was the game. The Bills' main problem is that they don't have an NFL QB on the roster. TT has no situational awareness and panics too easily. When NE "made him a quarterback" he stunk up the joint. 

Just now, Virgil said:

Thank you. 

Would a great QB have won this for us?  Maybe.  But is TT the reason we lost?  No.  

That’s the difference. He neither won nor lost the game for us. 

No, he didn’t lose the game for us. But he certainly didn’t win it for us either, and a better QB probably could have. 

THAT’S the difference. The Bills need more out of the QB position to compete in those kinds of games. 

1 minute ago, ricko1112 said:

Pats' offense AND defense are decimated with injuries. If the Bills were going to make any statement, this was the game. The Bills' main problem is that they don't have an NFL QB on the roster. TT has no situational awareness and panics too easily. When NE "made him a quarterback" he stunk up the joint. 

You guys are the whiniest little crybabies when you have a few guys out.

It’s December.  Every team has injuries.  And if you don’t want to be seen as a troll, now is not the time for a post like that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

You guys are the whiniest little crybabies when you have a few guys out.

It’s December.  Every team has injuries.  And if you don’t want to be seen as a troll, now is not the time for a post like that.

So, Lack Of, you missed the entire point of my post. NE won this game easily and I wasn't complaining or whining. The Bills had a chance to make a statement today that they belonged in the playoffs. NE had so many backups playing today that they were ripe for the upset. Instead, their lack of commitment to finding a QB doomed them.